Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Badass Digest:

There’s a shot of Chris Hemsworth topless in the Thor Super Bowl commercial that’s there for the ladies. And I heard that a Thor test screening showed that – surprise! – women really like him and really like the movie. So don’t be surprised if there’s more beefcake in the coming promo materials for the film.

As for the rest of this commercial… is there any doubt that Thor is the stinker of the Marvel movie year? A friend at the Super Bowl party I was at tonight couldn’t understand how this was any different from the Masters of the Universe movie, and I agree. This looks just as cheesy and small and uninteresting.

Don’t get me wrong: I really want Thor to work. I’m a Marvel Zombie from way back. But this movie just looks like a huge turkey to me. And nothing in this trailer convinced me otherwise.

What could have made this great would have been to include actual Viking Asgard with pure Olde English speech especially since it seems to only bookend the modern aspect, they decided to go for flashy and alien which is disappointing but I'm hopeful that the actual film itself will overcome the glittery look we've seen from the trailer.

From Badass Digest:

There’s a shot of Chris Hemsworth topless in the Thor Super Bowl commercial that’s there for the ladies. And I heard that a Thor test screening showed that – surprise! – women really like him and really like the movie. So don’t be surprised if there’s more beefcake in the coming promo materials for the film.

As for the rest of this commercial… is there any doubt that Thor is the stinker of the Marvel movie year? A friend at the Super Bowl party I was at tonight couldn’t understand how this was any different from the Masters of the Universe movie, and I agree. This looks just as cheesy and small and uninteresting.

Don’t get me wrong: I really want Thor to work. I’m a Marvel Zombie from way back. But this movie just looks like a huge turkey to me. And nothing in this trailer convinced me otherwise.

I couldnt have said it better myself.

I'm continually blown away by all these armchair critics who suddenly develop this foresight of being able to judge and review a film based on the strength of a 30 second promo. Bravo to that. Incidentally said muppets are the ones who, by and large, say Bay's TF movies were films of the year:cuckoo:

Armchair critics :lol Muppets :lol Forget that most of the people whom are discussing this film have been since 2008 and have been making our assessments on the history of the production teams and directors, both Branagh and when Vaughn was attached as well as what the film studio itself has been putting out there including a full teaser trailer on top of the 30 second Super Bowl spot but whatever.

The truth is that if the film is fantastic, the ones who have been saying it'll suck with turn about face and if its horrible they'll just be screaming they were right. Unless you are Branagh himself posting here I wouldn't take anything you read (from myself included) with any seriousness or personal umbridge without first taking a gallon of salt.

From Badass Digest:

I ____ing hate this guy you keep quoting. He's stupid.

I have been a long term Thor fan and reading consistantly since 1984 - sporadically before. I hope and I pray to the all father that this fill will be simply awesome. Unfortunately from what I have seen so far, it looks poor to average. Its a hard transition to make for this character (comic to film). Fingers crossed.

Another new Thor trailer was released today on Yahoo. I included the Yahoo link so you can get the HD version there. I am very excited to see this!

https://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810026342/video/24212700

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="https://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=24212700&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="https://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=24212700&"></embed></object></div>

Now if we could just get a full Captain America trailer...

Last edited:
Tony Stark had donuts so hopefully Thor will have poptarts.
ZOMG, everyone email HT! Epic fail and no buy if they dont!:panic:

I kid the nice folks at HT.
:monkey3

Looking better.

I've got to say this is looking better with each trailer I see. Captain America also looks pretty cool but I'm just not keen on some of the changes made to make these movies more palatable. I don't see why it can't be the proper mystical Asgard or there being proper historical armies in Captain America (ie. Wehrmacht, S.S. etc).
That said I think this will be the better of the two, not because I can't get past Johnny Storm as Cap but because with the likes of Kenneth Branagh and Anthony Hopkins this should have a better told story.

Back