This is everything wrong with this hobby in one photo.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Puffs

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This is everything wrong with this hobby in one photo.

picture.php

Some free clues for the artist and those who admire this immature objectification of women:

If a woman designs and/or dons a suit of armour to engage others in mortal struggle,

…she will be smart enough to protect her thighs, upper arms and, oh yes, her head, just like Tony Stark.

...she will have a short utilitarian haircut or put her hair a bun/ponytail.

…she will NOT wear high heels.

…in general she will not list being "sexy" very high on her immediate list of priorities when fighting for her survival or the survival of others.

…she will no go around with a vacant stare, her lips parted in anticipation of your "hot" kisses.

…in fact she will most definitely not be interested in you, not even as friends.

I just wanted to clear that up in case any juvenile fantasies were standing between grown men and a grip on reality.

This design trend is why this hobby sees much lower levels of participation from women than our overall share of interest in comicbooks, scifi and fantasy. It is truly repellant.

Of course some people still find this acceptable too:

picture.php

Oh man you're gonna get heat for this post :D domt worry I agree with everything you said I think the thing is cheesy as hell and wreaks of 40 year old virgin suppressed sexual release lol.

I wouldn't call that everything wrong with this hobby, I agree with your points though. It makes no sense as a ''serious'' superheroine and is clearly inspired by teenage boy fantasy.

Got your feelings hurt by a picture of a doll?

tumblr_maz2ys83i21rhv96io1_500.gif

Guys like sexy women -- even when 'sexy' isn't practical. (Actually ... especially when sexy isn't practical.) Some really desperate guys apparently like pathetic 'sexy' pseudo-barbie-dolls like that thing in the picture. There are worse crimes.

Lighten up. You're gonna have an aneurysm.

SnakeDoc

I look at that pic and see everything that is awesome with this hobby.

Agreed but don't be surprised if you don't receive a ton of support for this thread. I just see it as a horrible custom, with little to no imagination.

Agreed, not just the sexualisation of the female but too much iron man :D :D

It seems since the majority of geekculture are (or at least are presumed to be) men, the women are presented at an unrealistic ideal rather than reality.

While men don't walk around with their azzes or bewbs hanging out like the ladies of Comics, they are never flabby or balding men either, with the exception of coulson :lol

Last edited:
Woman was created by God to serve Man in every way possible. Cooking, cleaning, ****ing and eye candy.

Seriously this is misplaced feminism.
Am not a fan of any pin up style illustration, kit, figure etc...
i won't even bring the cosplay thing to the table.
But some do like this, some of them are even womens.
And it has nothing to do to being a 40/16 year old virgin or anything sexual.

Or man there must be a lot of gays still in the closet around here, all getting exited by the next TERMINATOR a muscular man in tight leather suit...

Some just think its just look cool.
They have maybe bad taste...

That elf princess in you signature is as silly to me as this iron girl, seeing her fighting in those movies in such unrealistic way made me roll my eyes, did i started to ***** and moan about the countless action heroines who are just not believable on screen and damage the image of girls by looking silly, no.

Those womens who accept to play those silly roles or appear almost naked for selling a yogurt for a check with many zeros are the first to ask for equal right and all and the last to assume the consequences on society of their choices.

Tonight i had an argument with a dumb ***** who was screaming at one in the morning near my 2 years old daughter's window, i asked nicely to keep it down she started arguing, feeling that being a woman protected her in some way, that i would not dare to say or do anything. She was wrong.
Most Women want equal rights when its good for them, when its not it's "but i'm a woman! I deserve to be treated gently".

I have the greatest respect for everyone, women or men, i deal with douches of both sex the same way.
Thats how is see equal rights.

Sorry for my rant, i may have lost my way while writing ^^

Oh you bunch of immature virgin machos!

^^

BTW having Shaw and that Elf princess as avatar and signatures is kinda funny.
Probably two of the lamest female characters i've seen in movies.
Lindsey Brigman now that is a true great female character :)

Last edited:
What's there to miss? Somebody got hacked off by a half-assed custom chick-superhero picture and wrote a run-of-the-mill chick-superhero "objectification" rant. I've seen better.

The blackface watermelon statue was a nice touch, though.

SnakeDoc

I like the use of Tony Stark as an example in any rant railing against sexism :lol

Face it guys all the crap we like can be considered stupid. Now excuse me because apparently my Friday night will be spent pruning my dolls... Who am I to judge ! :D

Really? This is what we are complaining about? There is a whole world of this:
2ltnd5e.jpg
and that custom offended you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back