This is everything wrong with this hobby in one photo.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, that's a lot tamer than some of the comic book pinup art I've seen. You want to see cheesy and chauvanistic, check that stuff out.

thats_racist.gif

thats_racist.gif

Woman was created by God to serve Man in every way possible. Cooking, cleaning, ****ing and eye candy.

You alone on this site are allowed to say things like that to me. :1-1:

somebody isnt feeling pretty today

Ooooh you got me. I'm so ugly everybody. The fact your first thought is to attack me for my looks, pretty much exemplifies all my concerns with this objectification of women. Thanks for the assist.

I look at that pic and see everything that is awesome with this hobby.

Wait, didn't you used to use the tag line "I'm anti-racist"? I'm sorry if the parallel drawn with racist "art" was too subtle for you to follow, but "sexy" Ironman and objectification of women is rooted in a similar mentality: it is a veneer of something positive, beauty or humour in the respective examples, masking much more negative attitudes.

Sexually objectifying a woman in an otherwise powerful suit of armour is a way to strip her of her power, much like those country-bumpkin images of black Americans were used to reinforce a notion of their "proper place".

I like the use of Tony Stark as an example in any rant railing against sexism :lol

Sigh. I clearly mention Stark in term of his engineering/design approach, not his social behaviour. And the artist made Ironman relevant, not me. Try thinking a bit harder, mkay?

Same thing could be said about ht leonidis figure,or god b lee,your making yourself sound like a male hating,lives by herself with her 14 cats woman!

Captain Obvious? I wasn't pointing to origins "Cornered Cat." Just that you pick one of the tamest customs to drive you over the cliff.

I don't get why you care what some anonymous schmuck does with his dollies. So he built a half-assed 'sexy' Iron Chick. So what? I've never found 'objectifying' bothersome -- it has its moments -- but, in this case, the dude's objectifying an actual object.

No women were harmed in the making of this crappy little doll. I can't figure why you give a damn ... or why I should.

SnakeDoc

i just had to ask....

did she solve the fading iron panty issue?

she's wearing armor, partially....i say its empowering. hmmmmm

.....hmmm didn't have too much to do tonight, batman movie?, or this thread....this thread wins hands down:monkey1

Where's the popcorn gif.

In before the LOCK!

its sad that some guys just dont understand that a lot of women, millions of women all over the world, find this stuff offensive. Then when people speak out about being offended by this stuff, they get vilified, bullied, sometimes worse things...that the problem with the human race since the beginning of time, we show no respect for each other. We probably never will and its sad.

Maybe the maker of this figure was inspired by the Stark Expo "cheerleaders" in Iron Man 2, since they wore skimpy clothing with Iron Man armor parts like the glowing gloves and arc reactor piece (I think they wore less in the movie than this figure lol)?

Last edited:
Wait, didn't you used to use the tag line "I'm anti-racist"? I'm sorry if the parallel drawn with racist "art" was too subtle for you to follow, but "sexy" Ironman and objectification of women is rooted in a similar mentality: it is a veneer of something positive, beauty or humour in the respective examples, masking much more negative attitudes.

You're easily wound up and appear to take yourself too seriously. You pluck a relatively isolated and unreferenced example of some overtly sexist custom and proclaim in hyperbolic terms that it represents "everything that is wrong with this hobby"... on a board where the vast majority of people are just going about the business of collecting and customising figures without any sexist or exploitative agenda whatever. I comes across plenty of material in this hobby that I don't care for. The difference is that, rather than mount some petty and indignant crusade, I choose to ignore it.

Sexually objectifying a woman in an otherwise powerful suit of armour is a way to strip her of her power, much like those country-bumpkin images of black Americans were used to reinforce a notion of their "proper place".

Sigh. I clearly mention Stark in term of his engineering/design approach, not his social behaviour. And the artist made Ironman relevant, not me. Try thinking a bit harder, mkay?

The irony is lost on you, mkay? You keep mentioning the word 'artist', as though customising a figure purely to look like a tart somehow has some creative integrity about it. By posting this pic - and it could've come from anywhere as you didn't reference it - you've lent the figure more legitimacy than it deserves simply by bringing everyone's attention to it. Well done. Looks like the sisters are doin' it for themselves.

its sad that some guys just dont understand that a lot of women, millions of women all over the world, find this stuff offensive. Then when people speak out about being offended by this stuff, they get vilified, bullied, sometimes worse things...that the problem with the human race since the beginning of time, we show no respect for each other. We probably never will and its sad.

:goodpost: :clap

The real problem is people who think whether they're offended should matter to anyone or everyone -- or that "showing respect" means that everyone should cater to the most sensitive among us.

Why should the dude that made this thing care whether someone he'll never meet is offended or not? He's minding his own business, and not hurting a soul. Mind yours. Nobody cares whether you're offended by innocuous crap like this. Get over it. Or don't. But don't expect people to live their lives according to your sensitivities.

SnakeDoc

Seriously this is misplaced feminism.
Am not a fan of any pin up style illustration, kit, figure etc...
i won't even bring the cosplay thing to the table.
But some do like this, some of them are even womens.
And it has nothing to do to being a 40/16 year old virgin or anything sexual.

Or man there must be a lot of gays still in the closet around here, all getting exited by the next TERMINATOR a muscular man in tight leather suit...

Some just think its just look cool.
They have maybe bad taste...

That elf princess in you signature is as silly to me as this iron girl, seeing her fighting in those movies in such unrealistic way made me roll my eyes, did i started to ***** and moan about the countless action heroines who are just not believable on screen and damage the image of girls by looking silly, no.

Those womens who accept to play those silly roles or appear almost naked for selling a yogurt for a check with many zeros are the first to ask for equal right and all and the last to assume the consequences on society of their choices.

Tonight i had an argument with a dumb ***** who was screaming at one in the morning near my 2 years old daughter's window, i asked nicely to keep it down she started arguing, feeling that being a woman protected her in some way, that i would not dare to say or do anything. She was wrong.
Most Women want equal rights when its good for them, when its not it's "but i'm a woman! I deserve to be treated gently".

I have the greatest respect for everyone, women or men, i deal with douches of both sex the same way.
Thats how is see equal rights.

Sorry for my rant, i may have lost my way while writing ^^

:exactly: :goodpost: :clap

*Druish Princess* :rolleyes:

If women did find this stuff offensive, there would be no such place as Victoria's Secret. Well, minus the armor bits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back