This is everything wrong with this hobby in one photo.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barbie's been objectifying women since the 50's and has legions of female fans. You don't like this example because it's coming from a male perspective?

I don't see what you're worried about. This kind of thing has it's own penalty. Call it dweeb self-contreception. We all know that guy ain't ever going to allow a date to see that.

Sexual objectification will go away once sexual attraction has been abolished. Onward fembots of the future! I will be waiting for you with a flamethrower and a Sir Mix-a-Lot soundtrack. :lecture

Of course some people still find this acceptable too:

picture.php
sAXIZ.gif

It's just fetishism to an inane degree.
But this runs throughout the fanboy culture. We all grew up with it. Look at some of the X-Men comics from when Marc Silvestri was illustrating and you'll see.
Marvel didn't put out a swimsuit issue comic for no reason.

It's just fetishism to an inane degree.
But this runs throughout the fanboy culture. We all grew up with it. Look at some of the X-Men comics from when Marc Silvestri was illustrating and you'll see.
Marvel didn't put out a swimsuit issue comic for no reason.

Strangely enough the X-Men movies are probably the most gender equal and least sexualised females of all superhero movies, except Mystque

Dude, I mean... not to sound sexist... but why take away the one thing they're best at?

Strangely enough the X-Men movies are probably the most gender equal and least sexualised females of all superhero movies, except Mystque

Absolutely. If you ignore the naked blue-skinned supermodel with latex pasties throughout all three movies ... X-Men 1-3 definitely has the least sexualized females of all the superhero movies. Good grief.

SnakeDoc

Women looking sexy is a great distraction for heroine or villainess.

Agreed, not just the sexualisation of the female but too much iron man :D :D

It seems since the majority of geekculture are (or at least are presumed to be) men, the women are presented at an unrealistic ideal rather than reality.

While men don't walk around with their azzes or bewbs hanging out like the ladies of Comics, they are never flabby or balding men either, with the exception of coulson :lol

:lecture

CostumeConventions_Ironette_IronMan_Sexy_401.jpg

Maybe she offended herself. Either that, or she hates women.

SnakeDoc
:lecture

If anything this is also the fault of Con girls, they dress this way and go to cons so that hundreds of people can look at them and take pictures. And making it seem like this is okay and everyone likes these costumes, even the girls that wear them.
So it is not even only the guys, girls also play a part, I mean, if you are going to point an angry finger, it has to be at both genders :dunno

comic_con_girls_44.jpg
hot_cosplay_girls_65.jpg
hot_cosplay_girls_70.jpg

Last edited:
eh....it's just an ugly *** figure. Doesn't mean anything more to me than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back