The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt that someone will say that they dont like the guest characters now because this have to be the Mando's show only like last weeks episode.

I might be the only one that, despite liking Rodriguez's style and even a few scenes here, found that this episode was some of the most over the top fan fictionish cheese I've seen so far lol.

The looking away from explosion shots on a set that seemed to be the hills of Northern California (possibly an old Stargate location even) was quite the juxtaposition up against last weeks Kurosawa spaghetti Western showdown homage.:lol

That was a lot to unpack...

I have to assume that the answer to Grogu's signal will be the season ending cliffhanger, with a lot more action in between.

I?m all in on the team up. Looks like it?s going to be all of team Mando going after the kid. I bet Bo Katan reenters the fray as well. Assemble! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m all in on the team up. Looks like it?s going to be all of team Mando going after the kid. I bet Bo Katan reenters the fray as well. Assemble! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Din, Greef, Cara, Boba, Fennec, Bo Katan, a squad of Nite Owls, Cobb Vanth and Ahsoka cutting through waves of troopers on an Imperial cruiser would certainly be a sight to see.

You heard the hand, the kings too Fatt for his armour.
O6hsljI.png

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well Fett has to die now, Mando can't fly his jetpack from planet to planet...

In this episode he apparently couldn't even remember he owned a jetpack. As soon as he took it off it was conveniently ignored & he resorted to scrambling up and down the hillside. No doubt so everyone could see Boba Fatt (must be some good restaurants in the Outer Rim) do his thing, but that contrivance was pretty bad writing IMO. The other thing that didn't make sense was Gideon only blowing up the RC. Unless you're going to blow up both ships and strand them there, don't destroy the one you've installed a tracker on! I suppose one could argue they'd figure out they were tracked & remove it, but IMO it was another implausible plot point inserted to allow for Slave I getting more screen time. :slap Not that it wasn't a fun episode anyway - The action was great, BF was shown to still be a total bad@ss, Fennec makes a welcome return, and their debt to Mando was an unexpected bonus.

p.s. - Am I the only one who found

Spoiler Spoiler:

Din, Greef, Cara, Boba, Fennec, Bo Katan, a squad of Nite Owls, Cobb Vanth and Ahsoka cutting through waves of troopers on an Imperial cruiser would certainly be a sight to see.

Something tells me that

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoilers

Another high quality episode, same as last week. Although I personally enjoyed last week a bit more. 8.5 or 9/10 for me.

Pros: nice to see the overall story being pushed forward here, not a filler episode. Loved fetts physical brutal fighting style...great action in general. Nice "dad" moments between mando and grogu. Nice troop carrier design. Grogu beating up on troopers was great. Enjoying moff gideon.

Cons: totally inept cannon fodder troopers again. Dark trooper design is corny imo (but always felt that way regarding comic/game versions too). Wasn't crazy about Fennic (or honestly even fett prior) being brought back, SW is approaching marvel/DC levels where no one ever truly dies. A lot of fan service here, maybe too much. Another short episode.

Random thoughts:
RIP razor crest.
Getting the band back together to go after Grogu (Avengers assemble!) Same as end of season 1 might be a little formulaic but we have yet to see. Maybe they will throw some zingers in the last few episodes.
Why did Fett wait all this time to retrieve his armor from a more formidable Mando when he could've taken it earlier from a weaker Vanth? (The usual SW plothole lol!).

Entertaining though! Really enjoying this season!

Got my issues but..
Spoiler Spoiler:

Something tells me that

Spoiler Spoiler:

Fett dies, Mando yoinks the Slave 1 and Cobb pilfers his armor back [emoji38]

It is a guarantee that Cobb will be back at some point, it was all but confirmed in their parting conversation.

Back