The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An upgraded battle pram would’ve not saved Mando.

The exo-skeleton at least had hydraulic arms and gripping hands that can block attacks and grip the arms of the attackers as Grogu did to save Mando numerous times.

Stop being mean to the cute little thing my wife and son and I love him go pick on Lizzo or something lol
Now I'm gonna go after him even harder!... Also, they could've easily had Grogu win the day from inside a battle pram. That's exactly the kind of stuff writers are getting paid for

Finally finished Mando season 3. Episode 7 was the best episode. Overall it was a trash season. Unfocused, all over the place, nothing mattered. Just a bunch of noise. Thank God Picard season 3 is there as a pallette cleanser. It was so infinitely better than anything in Mando season 3. I did not enjoy this season of Mando at all. What an absolute waste. Such an extreme dip in qualify

Finally finished Mando season 3. Episode 7 was the best episode. Overall it was a trash season. Unfocused, all over the place, nothing mattered. Just a bunch of noise. Thank God Picard season 3 is there as a palette cleanser. It was so infinitely better than anything in Mando season 3. I did not enjoy this season of Mando at all. What an absolute waste. Such an extreme dip in quality

STOP. DEVOTING. AN. ENTIRE. EPISODE. OF. A. SHOW. TO. ANOTHER. SHOW. RIGHT. NOW. Disney needs to stop this despicable habit now.

We had eight episodes of this already scatter-shot season, with an entire one devoted to unrelated characters hanging around on Coruscant. Mando lost a whole episode! And there were only eight to start with.

This "lost" episode tied up no loose ends. It advanced no plot lines. It didnt do anything! And they did the same thing to Boba, although Mando at least fit into his plotline. This time its just total WTH is this.

We could have had an episode where Gideon gets broken out of his prison transport by his supertroopers and that whole ship's crew gets slaughtered. It could have been a whole heist thing. NOPE its the Mad Hatter's tea party. We could have had an episode where Bo leads a party to Mandalore and they discover those spidery cyborg-things are actually all over the place and her war-party has to do some cleaning out. NOPE Mad Hatter tea party.

I'm a bit annoyed.

Last edited:
https://wegotthiscovered.com/celebr...received-a-call-for-the-mandalorian-season-3/
“I was supposed to be in The Mandalorian season 3 but nobody rang me. I was waiting for the phone call in New Zealand, waiting and wanting to give up.”
“Well that Mando guy stole a few chapters of my book. It was painful watching him turn up with some black new lethal sword. And the way he turned up in my Book of Boba, he just destroyed everybody. I’m sure this guy is… ah… ruining my show. But I couldn’t say anything. I’m not the writer, so I have to bear it I guess”
“I think there is a few changes going on. We also come under the big umbrella known as “Disney” now too. So it’s one of many previous few conversations we had in L.A . The dialog began like, “Oh look we’re having a few changes. We’re having a few cutbacks.” And while you hear that on the different finish of the road, it’s no good attempting to barter any more cash that’s for positive. So we’ll see what occurs.”
IMG_2852.jpeg

I haven't read every post here, but I do get the sense that there is a lot of hate for this last season of Mando. I personally enjoyed it quite a bit. Maybe it's easier for me because: 1) I didn't start watching until it was almost over, and could binge episodes together; and 2) I'm not a hardcore Star Wars guy, so I couldn't nitpick deviations from Star Wars lore even if I wanted to. But beyond the one episode that took way too long exploring the doctor who was trying to reform and Gideon's lackey (I thought, "surely there must be a really significant payoff for all the time they are spending with this," but no. . .), I thought it was really fun, lots of great action, and I enjoyed seeing the progression of the Mandalorians.

I have quibbles of course. Mando bending the knee to Bo-Katan for no clear reason, the sad fact of what it took to ultimately beat Gideon (proved to me he was clearly a superior fighter to the others), one of the Mandos with the most to lose (heavy gunner guy, who has a son) sacrificing himself--they make babies without taking those helmets off!--for seemingly no reason, as he had plenty of time to escape through the hole in the wall without committing suicide, Apollo Creed completely changing into a friendly babyface instead of someone who lives and thrives in shades of gray, no return of Dark Chewbacca or the blue alien cowboy, etc. I do sense that maybe the story is hamstrung by the popularity of Grogu--all story elements have to ultimately lead to opportunities to sell more dolls. Why would Mando care so much about making him an apprentice? And it does seem like he chose to be his guardian just so that could be a thing? Anyway, good show. Bring on more I say.

STOP. DEVOTING. AN. ENTIRE. EPISODE. OF. A. SHOW. TO. ANOTHER SHOW. RIGHT. NOW. Disney needs to stop this despicable habit now.

We had eight episodes of this already scatter-shot season devoted to unrelated characters hanging around on Coruscant. Mando lost a whole episode! And there were only eight to start with.

This "lost" episode tied up no loose ends. It advanced no plot lines. It didnt do anything! And they did the same thing to Boba, although Mando at least fit into his plotline. This time its just total WTH is this.

We could have had an episode where Gideon gets broken out of his prison transport by his supertroopers and that whole ship's crew gets slaughtered. It could have been a whole heist thing. NOPE its the Mad Hatter's tea party. We could have had an episode where Bo leads a party to Mandalore and they discover those spidery cyborg-things are actually all over the place and her war-party has to do some cleaning out. NOPE Mad Hatter tea party.

I'm a bit annoyed.
Well, yeah, tho am less futzed about it. Cynically I think this season did put pieces on the board, primarily to 1) mesh with Ahsoka and 2) all lead to this grand finale.

E.g. we now have a fight-capable Grogu or at least the capacity for it; Bo-katan firmly entrenched as her peoples' leader and on Mandalore; IG-11 is back; Mando is back to his badasses and hooked in with the New Republic; and Grogu is buddies with folks with resources; along with a mole in Coruscant to stir things up.

All in place to back up Ahsoka who has no resources, really, when she takes on Thrawn & co.

It could be argued that more time should have been spent with Din/Gideon than having to worry about meshing with another series, but I knew we were gonna be sunk - or at least the boat would swamp - the second F&F started hinting around at tying to the ST (personally I would have stayed 5 years away from any of it, time-line wise, but here we are). IMO all things considered, so far Mandalorian has gotten off lightly. We haven't had toddler Kylo or someone forging Sith knives or other such dribble - yet.:eek:

If S4 is Mando whacking Imperials all season, I'm good with it.

I haven't read every post here, but I do get the sense that there is a lot of hate for this last season of Mando. I personally enjoyed it quite a bit. Maybe it's easier for me because: 1) I didn't start watching until it was almost over, and could binge episodes together; and 2) I'm not a hardcore Star Wars guy, so I couldn't nitpick deviations from Star Wars lore even if I wanted to. But beyond the one episode that took way too long exploring the doctor who was trying to reform and Gideon's lackey (I thought, "surely there must be a really significant payoff for all the time they are spending with this," but no. . .), I thought it was really fun, lots of great action, and I enjoyed seeing the progression of the Mandalorians.

I have quibbles of course. Mando bending the knee to Bo-Katan for no clear reason, the sad fact of what it took to ultimately beat Gideon (proved to me he was clearly a superior fighter to the others), one of the Mandos with the most to lose (heavy gunner guy, who has a son) sacrificing himself--they make babies without taking those helmets off!--for seemingly no reason, as he had plenty of time to escape through the hole in the wall without committing suicide, Apollo Creed completely changing into a friendly babyface instead of someone who lives and thrives in shades of gray, no return of Dark Chewbacca or the blue alien cowboy, etc. I do sense that maybe the story is hamstrung by the popularity of Grogu--all story elements have to ultimately lead to opportunities to sell more dolls. Why would Mando care so much about making him an apprentice? And it does seem like he chose to be his guardian just so that could be a thing? Anyway, good show. Bring on more I say.
I figure the story is more or less, Grogu came back to Mando. So for Mando, that was that; the kid's gonna be a Mandalorian - teaching him to navigate, teaching him to fight, etc.
Besides the fact the ultimately Mando didn't want to let go, anyway. Tho he had for the kid's sake.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2
So that's that. Even the Armorer has accepted Grogu.

Anyway I like Din and Grogu, and Grogu still cracks me up.😁

STOP. DEVOTING. AN. ENTIRE. EPISODE. OF. A. SHOW. TO. ANOTHER SHOW. RIGHT. NOW. Disney needs to stop this despicable habit now.
Condense the BoBF Mando stuff into one episode and make it the first episode of S3. Remove all the Coruscant crap from episode 3. Trim some of the rest of the season and add some Moff Gideon return build up before the finale. That would be an instant improvement.

Condense the BoBF Mando stuff into one episode and make it the first episode of S3. Remove all the Coruscant crap from episode 3. Trim some of the rest of the season and add some Moff Gideon return build up before the finale. That would be an instant improvement.
perhaps a fan edit could condense all that down in to 1 - 2 movies. could work.
In fact, I think once all the filler is removed from season 3 and some of the 2 BOBF episodes are added in you could get a very solid 2.5-3 hour movie

perhaps a fan edit could condense all that down in to 1 - 2 movies. could work.
In fact, I think once all the filler is removed from season 3 and some of the 2 BOBF episodes are added in you could get a very solid 2.5-3 hour movie
I am sure someone out there is working on it as we speak.

This legit breaks my heart for TM.

Although really, he should feel lucky he is NOT involved in the lukewarm mess that is season 3. You stay right there in that Polynesian spa, Boba cause some things aint worth it and It Is Known.
Still baffles me that his comeback in The Mandalorian was so good.

I hope TM knows that, at the very least, his Boba Fett episodes there were legendary.
07f1ca15321fbb94-600x338.gif

Lucasfilm should have just made 6 straight episodes of "Boba Fett slaughters mooks in over their heads" and the fanbase would have rejoiced.

Back