The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like when I order a figure and think it will be here by Q3, and then it's 2 years later and I'm still waiting?
:lol

OR!!!!!!!! OR, you order a figure and figure you have two years to pay it off BUT NO!!!! new ship date is six months!! this has been happening lately.

(Its all good, Crosshair can show up early 😍)

I do respect Sassafras’s dedication to preserving Mando’s heritage thru his cosplay..

31E151DF-7FEE-4EC1-B633-B16B6D9857FD.jpeg

I can just picture it, while Din, Boba and Axe all lay in a heap, Fennec, Koska, and Bo step in. Then the moment we’re all waiting for, Brie Larson as Thrawn.

I wouldn’t be mad at that :LOL:

This sounds like one of Zurdo's fantasies.

De Acuerdo Reaction GIF

yes.gif

😜😜😜

Let me guess: They all strip off their armor and have a pillow fight, then Ahsoka shows up and starts making out with Thrawn, right? And all the while Grogu is watching from a discreet position and hammering that YES button like there's no tomorrow lol...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Something leaked alright.

o_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited:
They really need to take the Mando darksaber focused story from BOBF ep 5 and squeezing it into Mando S3 somehow.

Literally replace the Lizzo episode with the BOBF one and rework the arrangements maybe use the BOBF as a prologue.

That would strengthen and raise the quality of the season so much.

Last edited:
Rewatching BOBF Grogu training with Luke.

All i’m going to say is Grogu > Mario.

Like not even close.

I’m an old cynical grumpy bearded a-hole but God he is adorable lol

Why take those episodes and rebrand them anyway? We all watched them. We all knew they were part of the Mandalorian story. It wouldn't have made any difference if they were packaged as part of Season 3 or not.

I'm glad we got it when we did. Better than waiting all that time.

I do agree the JB/Lizzo episode should never have existed.

Why take those episodes and rebrand them anyway? We all watched them. We all knew they were part of the Mandalorian story. It wouldn't have made any difference if they were packaged as part of Season 3 or not.

I'm glad we got it when we did. Better than waiting all that time.

I do agree the JB/Lizzo episode should never have existed.
Simple..

Because the tone and plot elements belong way more in Mando S3 then goofy BOBF.

Fits like a glove.

You know what’s crazy go watch the start of BOBF ep 6.

Marshall Cobb Vanth is 100x more bad ass than Boba in his own show.

Go watch that opening again to see how he handles those syndicate smugglers.

Welp ... @Wor-Gar ... I watched the final episode. It's tough to unpack in some ways and I don't want to write a screed but I may write a screed.

I think this one episode sort of sums up the series for me in that I find it very, very uneven:

Not enough space combat, but almost certainly a budgetary constraint. As for the infantry battle, the initial -- by now common in Star Wars -- 16th century-style charge at each other on an open field firing gambit -- left me cold. But as the combat became more three dimensional, dynamic and personal it got more exciting. Somebody get the Armorer a gun already. Koska's scenes were great -- not just a pretty face.

(I'm not clear on how these Imperials were suddenly more susceptible to blaster fire but I guess that's "turn your brain off" time.)

Axe was a pleasant surprise. He went from being a blank extra to the guy that stole Bo's army, fought her for it, lost, followed their Law of Combat with no discernible grudge and made himself incredibly useful and competent. Really liked the common sense to blow out the window before the ship crashed. Won't catch him going full Laura Dern anytime soon. I really thought he was going to die at first.

The Praetorians could have stabbed up Din nice and quick but they just had to pause long enough to get Force-whupped LOL

As for Grogu ... he's like Vader as far as I'm concerned, less is more, but that's not Disney's way. Din putting him in combat was weird, as was placing him unprotected right in centre mass of that mech body but yeah yeah, Plot Armour.

I don't think Gideon is dead. Which is too bad. I don't like his overly expositional scenery-chewing and Saturday morning cartoon line delivery, I find his armour derivative and stupid; and it's clearly just traditional Star Wars plates over a body suit, so the Iron Man sounds and power-armour augmented strength were laughable. I actually laughed at it.

I quite like the design of the Anti-Mando troopers, although they're not particularly effective as usual ... the final scene was ... a cute end point but ********* Din, take the stupid bucket off your head.

As for Mandalore ... I'm really curious as to where the rest of its population is. They couldn't have all been exterminated? It'd be especially weird and inappropriate if the only survivors were warriors.

On the whole I was mildly entertained, but couldn't feel any stakes most of the time, and the execution felt rushed and cheap.

This series has lost The Way.

Looking forward to Season 2 of Andor!!

I do agree with most everything you said, actually. I think for me it is simply the degree to which the "cool" stuff I've wanted to see outweighed the "corn-ball" stuff that I generally don't like.

You gotta admit, the last episode was a lot better than the entire S3 that came before it. Or maybe I just love jetpacks in hand-to-hand fights.

The assault on Bo's ship was great. Ax was great, Koska even better, and yes the Armorer's hammer assault made me laugh.

Vader-Fett-Maul Gideon was the Big Bad. Silly, yes. Strange too, because Disney used to make great villains. Now, not so much.

Fight and rescues and bang-bang and whooooosh and cutting back and forth made it all fun for me after the sour trudging through I-don't-know-what S3 was supposed to be.

For me, admittedly I do forget a lot of what happened in E7... it was E8 that I really fell for.

But maybe I've just surrendered.

I do agree with most everything you said, actually. I think for me it is simply the degree to which the "cool" stuff I've wanted to see outweighed the "corn-ball" stuff that I generally don't like..
That's fair; sometimes fluff is okay.
You gotta admit, the last episode was a lot better than the entire S3 that came before it. Or maybe I just love jetpacks in hand-to-hand fights.
No, it definitely was. The pacing, the cutting between battles ... and Din went full John Wick which is more in keeping with the hunter we met in S1. I don't mind that he almost died because I'm always asking for stakes, and there they are, albeit clumsily presented. Bo losing to him as well was a nice touch, but to me it's another case of cool idea, wonky execution.

The assault on Bo's ship was great.
I still remember seeing those dogfights in 1977 and I think to me, that's the heart of Star Wars ... not the Jedi and their melee weapons, not the convoluted plots, just the sheer kinetic joy of those space battles.
Vader-Fett-Maul Gideon was the Big Bad. Silly, yes. Strange too, because Disney used to make great villains. Now, not so much.
Yeah ... come to think of it. That's weird.
Fight and rescues and bang-bang and whooooosh and cutting back and forth made it all fun for me after the sour trudging through I-don't-know-what S3 was supposed to be.
I concur.
For me, admittedly I do forget a lot of what happened in E7... it was E8 that I really fell for.

But maybe I've just surrendered.
Could be ... LOL ... we all get tired.

I still remember seeing those dogfights in 1977 and I think to me, that's the heart of Star Wars ... not the Jedi and their melee weapons, not the convoluted plots, just the sheer kinetic joy of those space battles.

Star Wars has been around for so long now, and we've all been thinking about it for so long, it's very hard to remember a time when everything in it was NEW. But yes, I loved those space battles of course. The head-spinning rush you'd get.

Back