The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone see IGN's review score for episode 2? They decided to give it a 5/10, due to brightness issues.
Now I know that IGN isn't exactly relevant in any way, shape or form, but man did they get some crazy backlash from the fans. Entertaining stuff. lol
They later changed it back up to a 7/10 for some reason. :LOL:
I could see everything perfectly, maybe they need to calibrate their TV or something.

But imagine the nuked domed city being dark, especially in the mines...

Anyone see IGN's review score for episode 2? They decided to give it a 5/10, due to brightness issues.
Now I know that IGN isn't exactly relevant in any way, shape or form, but man did they get some crazy backlash from the fans. Entertaining stuff. lol
They later changed it back up to a 7/10 for some reason. :LOL:
Wife and I didn't have any problem with the brightness.

I am curious if IG-11 actually will come back. They spent half of episode one going "I need IG-11!", "why not another droid?", "no, this one!", "he's broken.", "I can fix him!", "he's still broken", "these guys can fix him!", "they need a part", "I'll get the part!", "we don't have the part.", "I need that part!", "why don't you use this other droid?", ".... OKAY!"

I'm not touching this. The mods have done a clean sweep here before. They probably should again. This isn't why I'm here. It's been explained many times why this is not equivalent, and exactly why Gina's gone and Pedro's thriving.
Nah.
Folks have their take on things. Luv my @ss-kicking gawdess.:D

But overall, agree with:
Yeah, I think the only times actors & actresses should speak in public is when they're doing their jobs (reciting words from a script), or talking about doing their jobs (i.e., promoting their latest movie or TV role). Other than that just shut the hell up. :lol
:lol

So the polite thing to do is, well, move on and talk about what we do have. How 'bout that Mando, everyone?

So far I'm having fun.

I wonder if IG 11 will now sell out on Sides Show? Nope don’t care…

Mando season 3, 2 episodes in is just one Disney toy selling fest.
:monkey3

Can’t wait for Andor season 2

I don't care since I own IG-11; just mildly annoyed that it looks like I'll have to buy him again. Probably. Disney can put up all the toys they want tho, doesn't mean they are AFFORDABLE. Anyway, I tripped over a post on the Statue Forum where there are a bunch of complaints about Sideshow putting out a run of 250 on a Poison Ivy with a limited order window, then there's Funko supposedly ditching 30 million in inventory (https://www.npr.org/2023/03/04/1161070238/funko-pop-landfill); so with all the meltdowns maybe there will be less stuff.

Speaking of which, I can't wait for Andor season 2 either, and Luthen Rael is pretty much a must have $$$$. Except new figures probably won't show up until 2036.

Last edited:
Wife and I didn't have any problem with the brightness.

I am curious if IG-11 actually will come back. They spent half of episode one going "I need IG-11!", "why not another droid?", "no, this one!", "he's broken.", "I can fix him!", "he's still broken", "these guys can fix him!", "they need a part", "I'll get the part!", "we don't have the part.", "I need that part!", "why don't you use this other droid?", ".... OKAY!"
Yeah, but the thing is - I'm terrified they'll make him distinctly female or some *&^%. Never got over the weirdness in Solo. :horror

(Reminded me of a relative who was a military cop who had this story of a guy they had to transport. The lonely guy had abused a Hoover vacuum cleaner with predictable results, when you misuse something that has a metal fan and moving parts. Said the doctors and nurses couldn't stop giggling and the guy was later transferred for embarrassing his unit, I think to Saudi Arabia. Clearly a person who did not follow the Creed. :monkey3 )

Except Taika voiced the IG character, and he seems to have a big ego (having done that big self-insert in Love and Thunder, which didn't assist that film in any way). Maybe it will be OK.:google

Except Taika voiced the IG character, and he seems to have a big ego (having done that big self-insert in Love and Thunder, which didn't assist that film in any way). Maybe it will be OK.:google
Well he's not directing any of the Mando Season 3 episodes, so hopefully he's busy elsewhere and we've seen the last of IG-11.

The full list of directors and their respective episodes for The Mandalorian season 3 has been confirmed by Disney. Check out the list here:
  • Episode 1 directed by Rick Famuyiwa
  • Episode 2 directed by Rachel Morrison
  • Episode 3 directed by Lee Isaac Chung
  • Episode 4 directed by Carl Weathers
  • Episode 5 directed by Peter Ramsey
  • Episode 6 directed by Bryce Dallas Howard
  • Episode 7 directed by Rick Famuyiwa
  • Episode 8 directed by Rick Famuyiwa

Well he's not directing any of the Mando Season 3 episodes, so hopefully he's busy elsewhere and we've seen the last of IG-11.

The full list of directors and their respective episodes for The Mandalorian season 3 has been confirmed by Disney. Check out the list here:
2D5D2B77-82B1-485B-AE39-7838B5B9F20E.jpeg

Sass is ready for when Ahsoka shows up..

Rosario Dawson and her friends will find you if you keep dissing Ahsoka. And when they do...

3377775023_891163e30a_o.gif

I never blamed Dawson tho - IMO it's Filoni, trundling along as a writer/director. But I'll be there for her show, if only for the other characters and/or to see if Mando & co. show up. :lsvader

It's not Ahsoka's fault that she's more unkillable than Obi and Qui-Gon.:stake

I never blamed Dawson tho - IMO it's Filoni, trundling along as a writer/director. But I'll be there for her show, if only for the other characters and/or to see if Mando & co. show up. :lsvader

It's not Ahsoka's fault that she's more unkillable than Obi and Qui-Gon.:stake
Yeah, I get that point of view based on the animated version but I didn’t get that feeling when watching RD on Mando, especially if you compare her to Luke’s encounter with the Dark Troopers. There were a few moments there where he was wearing multiple layers of plot armor. :lol

The director of Minari? That will be interesting. I think he’s doing the new Twister film.

I liked his episode last season so hopefully he can repeat that quality.

The director of Spider-Verse? Yes please.

It worries me the director of the first episode is doing the last two. But he did some good episodes in the other seasons.

The director of Minari? That will be interesting. I think he’s doing the new Twister film.

I liked his episode last season so hopefully he can repeat that quality.

The director of Spider-Verse? Yes please.

It worries me the director of the first episode is doing the last two. But he did some good episodes in the other seasons.
Don’t really think the directing on the first episode was the issue.

Generally speaking, it's not the director's fault (particularly at his level, he wouldn't have much pull), everything comes back to the script. Rick didn't write those idiotic exchanges in ep1, but unfortunately had to try and do something with them.

Imagine being payed to dance like a monkey - that's what it's like for most directors these days; they're just cogs in the corporate machine without a singular "voice."

Generally speaking, it's not the director's fault (particularly at his level, he wouldn't have much pull), everything comes back to the script. Rick didn't write those idiotic exchanges in ep1, but unfortunately had to try and do something with them.

Imagine being payed to dance like a monkey - that's what it's like for most directors these days; they're just cogs in the corporate machine without a singular "voice."
This is completely true and I take back everything I said LOL. Most shows now have a consistent sheen that is completely the showrunners and very little the directors.

Back