The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine no Superman movie ever again because CR died!

Sorry no more BP or Thunderbolt Ross ever again those actors died!

Snipes didn’t even die he just went to prison lol
Imagine Superman II with a different actor than Reeve. That's the scenario I don't want. I'm good with a completely different series of films with Cavil as Supes. I didn't like the Kilmer to Clooney switch in the midst of those Batman films though...

I grew up in a conservative family with conservative values but I hate politics and politicians all the same from both sides. I have friends on both sides I refuse to eliminate relationships because of politics I prefer to not live in a vacuum or bubble.

My left leaning friends when they choose to get to know me as a person and not a political stereotype caricature are always shocked to learn that i’m not a white supremest, not part of a crazy religious cult that wants to murder gays although can we please focus on actual education and not waste valuable developmental time on social engineering, don’t hate immigrants especially when they enter the correct way as my family did, i’m not part of Qanon, respect pay equality but can we please bring back innocent simple flirting without cancellation, respect racial wrongs but who hasn’t suffered at the hands of humanity against humanity, I want corporations held accountable and I love my violent action movies.

Just like I know not all left leaning people are woke addicted wackos.

What I don’t want are ridiculous forced agendas in my damn movies that serve as my escapism leave them the damn alone!

As an immigrant portugese arab stop trying to protect my feelings I don’t need any protection! My parents taught me not to be a perpetual victim with thin skin and to be a damn man, Crom! lol

Gina Carano was warned numerous times by her employer, you know the people who pay you, to stop and she ignored it.

She knew she was dealing with a hypocritical double standard corporation that is called Hollywood yet she continued so her outcome was the only outcome she decided to fall on that sword. I liked her in that role she was also hot lol and I do miss seeing her but now move on and hire another thick sexy MMA fighter for the damn part already.

Last edited:
I'd rather have Carano. At least she offers the raw physicality of a potential action star.
100% ... I think she's kind of a dufus but her physicality is undeniable and really sold her as an action hero.

Sackhoff is just an angry Karen archetype with some Taebo DVDs in her trunk.
LOLOLOL!!

Something I think would make a great Mandalorian lead would be Angela Bassett. An aging past her prime warrior. But someone who is a capable actress and can sell menace when she wants to do it. Or Benedict Wong.
Yes to both.
Baby Yoda is a merchandising monster. No way they kill him off.
Grogu's like the Internet. So great at first, later recognized to be bad for almost everything, but not going anywhere because people love it.

.....stop trying to protect my feelings I don’t need any protection! .....

I know you've been training 10 hours a day and for months on end, to prepare for an audition for "So You Think You Can Dance?"

I hate to break this to you. But you cannot, in fact, dance. It's sort of like watching a dying antelope that's just been riddled with flaming arrows. You'll say why would anyone fire a flaming arrow at an antelope. Much less an entire volley. And for asking those kind of insane questions, I can only categorize you as being intentionally obtuse.

My friend, you can't dance. You are quite atrocious at it. If you went to join one of those KPop boy band reality TV type contests, they'd probably throw you out of a window.

I won't protect you anymore. You asked for it. You move when you should shake. You shake when you should move. Its pretty tragic.

Your feelings are now my new bathroom mat. It's OK to cry now if you want ( I'm lying of course. Never weep unless you are watching the football movie Rudy)

Gina Carano was warned numerous times by her employer, you know the people who pay you, to stop and she ignored it.

She knew she was dealing with a hypocritical double standard corporation that is called Hollywood yet she continued so her outcome was the only outcome she decided to fall on that sword. I liked her in that role she was also hot lol and I do miss seeing her but now move on and hire another thick sexy MMA fighter for the damn part already.
But, but what gets me is she was basically canned for being feisty - the very reason she was hired, more or less. She's a fighter. I think actors should stay off Twitter, and especially think folks at Lucasfilm should shut up - IMO they are technicians, not frontline people. I may or may not even agree with what she's said.

But at the end of the day, for me her absence is a stain on the show. And for me a lot of Season 2 had issues. But I felt a lot better after the Mando episode in BOBF😁.

This show has jumped the shark. :dunno

Grogu does nothing but make baby noises and flippity flips, forced comical moments that are just cringe and don't land, and Mando is a badass one moment and a ***** the next. Make up your mind.

A few cool parts mixed with some crap. Favreau decided to reveal Grogu was with Luke for 2 years. So 2 years passed and he still can barely lift the Darksaber with 2 hands. But we get to see Bo Katan kick ass with it with one hand like its nothing. And she saves him twice in one episode. Without breaking a sweat.

I say kill off Mando and Grogu and give the show to Bo Katan. She's the warrior we all want. She should go take out Buba Fett too. Put him out of his misery. Her and Fennec can have weekly episodic adventures together. :yess:

I think I'll wait till the season is over before watching another episode. Maybe it will get better.

Just for fun I'll argue differently. I don't pay a lot of attention to what Favreau sez - some, but he's lied to me before:monkey3. So far I'm pretty happy with this season and after rewatching #2 think it's pretty stellar:love. Narrative points lead from A to B. There's surprises. That creepy spider thing is the stuff of nightmares.:horror

It doesn't FEEL to me, as the viewer, that Grogu was with Luke 2 years. But I wouldn't expect Din to be amazing - yet - with the Darksaber. For one thing, it's probably not a weapon he uses that often vs. a blaster. It's not a weapon of choice. For another, this lightsaber seems to respond not well to someone "unfocused". Think the show lays out pretty well how conflicted Mando is. Bo-katan isn't conflicted about who she is, or her personal beliefs.

And Mando remains badass, the same guy who could hike a desert with 300 lbs. of dead weight including Grogu and a huge slab of meat and Boba's armor. He got stabbed with some nasty poison thing:yuck like Frodo and still was able to hang on. And it's not like Grogu didn't learn anything from Luke - or like Luke said, it's more like Grogu "was remembering". If Yoda could bounce all over the place, Grogu should be able to.:bounce

Bo-Katan should be a stellar fighter with her history. But now there's this interesting dynamic set up, plus the show took some time to breath. Reminds me of some TWS scenes between Cap and Nat, where they are just talking - who they are as people, what they believe. Bo-Katan is now on a different path than the one she thought she was on.

It's all FABULOUS:love so there until I get slapped around with some rehash or something that makes me want to set my 1/6s on fire and go rewatch Ironman 1 and cry over the good old days.

Last edited:
But, but what gets me is she was basically canned for being feisty - the very reason she was hired, more or less. She's a fighter. I think actors should stay off Twitter, and especially think folks at Lucasfilm should shut up - IMO they are technicians, not frontline people. I may or may not even agree with what she's said.

But at the end of the day, for me her absence is a stain on the show. And for me a lot of Season 2 had issues. But I felt a lot better after the Mando episode in BOBF.
She was absolutely not hired for being feisty or a fighter. She was hired as an actor to act in the role they created for the show. A good actor can be feisty and can be a fighter. But a feisty fighter may not be a good actor. They thought she could perform to their expectations, but it's all make-believe.

This is ultimately old news. She was written out because she was a moron who was told, repeatedly, that what she was saying didn't align with the company's values. She can have "her opinion", but many of those opinions were offensive, wildly inappropriate, and outright disconnected from reality, and the freedom to say what you want doesn't prevent you from facing consequences. She's still free to say her nonsense, and Lucasfilm was free to show her the door when she violated the terms of her contract.

And it sucks for a variety of reasons, sure. I still think she's gorgeous and has a physique we need to see more of in mainstream media. She was touted as a strong female character - and many insecure incels hated her for it - and the character is a strong character, even if the actress was subpar at best - and those same people who once hated her suddenly started to support her...

But I don't think she's beyond a recast. Marvel's recast War Machine, The Hulk, Red Skull, Thanos, Cassie Lang, Fandral, etc. I wasn't exactly crying when Katie Holmes was replaced in The Dark Knight. Who even remembers that Brian Cox was Hannibal before Silence of the Lambs? Ultimately, what matters is a good performance to bring a good character to life in a good series or movie.

But as much as I liked Cara Dune as a character, and once liked Gina (she was my fan-pick for She-Hulk back in the day), she contributed no lasting impact on the show and as a character was so inconsequential that she was so easily written out that Poochie would be impressed. Gina can slum it with Kevin Sorbo in low-budget films about evil scary woke people; I expect Cara Dune will show up again without her, either in the comics or under another performer's expertise.

But as much as I liked Cara Dune as a character, and once liked Gina (she was my fan-pick for She-Hulk back in the day), she contributed no lasting impact on the show and as a character was so inconsequential that she was so easily written out that Poochie would be impressed. Gina can slum it with Kevin Sorbo in low-budget films about evil scary woke people; I expect Cara Dune will show up again without her, either in the comics or under another performer's expertise.
Not for me. I'd rather not have her recast....for myself, often it's the beginning of arcs that I like the most. In this case - and yeah it's old news but for me collecting money is involved, and I hadn't collected SW before - the Mandalorian kicked off something pretty magical, and after my own indifference after the ST - IMO F&F pulled off something pretty great, in the face of lots of justified cynicism.

Not only was Din D'jarin new; Cara, Greef, the Child, Kuill, IG-11. Cara still IMO is a breath of fresh air; neither sleek assassin, nor warrior class Mandalorian, nor Jedi/Sith anything. She was a believable soldier. The show is dealing with it, but it still feels weird to me that she doesn't show up; out of all the characters she simply threw her lot in with Mando when need arose, no fuss.

And she'll be a statue I'm keeping along with IS' Mando. The Season 1 art and pieces over the long run to me are hallmarks of the show, and opening up SW past the Skywalkers, finally, to something new live action. (Whether in the long run I'm budgeting out for some Mando + Mythosaur or anything else, as well as binge watching the way I sometimes rerun the MCU films remains to be seen. I thought Obi would be a fantastic story:horror)

This thread about to get purged, again :lol
The future is Bo-Katan.
bo-katan-rebels_71142996.jpeg

Follow her lead. What could go wrong?

Back