The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F455DF07-8590-4A67-B168-3A722EED0E8C.png

Yep, that worked. And leaves me with the pathetic hope of her return. The beautiful @ss-kicker. Seeing her and Fennec paired sharpshooting is a favorite scene of mine. The way Cara would knock someone's teeth in was heartwarming. D+ and Lucasfilm ought to do the right thing and bring her back, in the face of some recent probably expensive flubs.
I still feel like her “abhorrent and unacceptable” post completely went over people's heads. But thats the world we live in these days. Opinions not allowed.

I made the mistake of deciding to watch the 1st 2 episodes. :lol

This show has jumped the shark. :dunno

Grogu does nothing but make baby noises and flippity flips, forced comical moments that are just cringe and don't land, and Mando is a badass one moment and a ***** the next. Make up your mind.

A few cool parts mixed with some crap. Favreau decided to reveal Grogu was with Luke for 2 years. So 2 years passed and he still can barely lift the Darksaber with 2 hands. But we get to see Bo Katan kick ass with it with one hand like its nothing. And she saves him twice in one episode. Without breaking a sweat.

I say kill off Mando and Grogu and give the show to Bo Katan. She's the warrior we all want. She should go take out Buba Fett too. Put him out of his misery. Her and Fennec can have weekly episodic adventures together. :yess:

I think I'll wait till the season is over before watching another episode. Maybe it will get better.

Last edited:
Bo-Katan > Cara Dune

Gina Carano is as mediocre actress who knows she's a mediocre actress. She's gotten better over time but she'll never be great at acting.

Katee Sackhoff is a mediocre actress who often oscillates into a bad actress mostly because she thinks she's a good actress. Ron Moore just kept giving her material she couldn't elevate and that probably tricked her into thinking otherwise. It was painful to watch some of that later era BSG. She was also close to useless on Longmire.

I'd rather have Carano. At least she offers the raw physicality of a potential action star. Sackhoff is just an angry Karen archetype with some Taebo DVDs in her trunk. Mandalorian is a mostly fun B List type show that has B List type actors. And that's OK. So in that context, Carano fits right in. Sackhoff should fit right in too, but honestly lots of people are just plain tired of the Mary Sue routine in the SW universe with characters like Bo Katan.

I say kill off Mando and Grogu and give the show to Bo Katan.

Or just give everyone a new show focused on Mandalorians not involving Djarin and Grogu. Where Bo Katan is a major player in the cast and storyline.

Something I think would make a great Mandalorian lead would be Angela Bassett. An aging past her prime warrior. But someone who is a capable actress and can sell menace when she wants to do it. Or Benedict Wong.

Baby Yoda is a merchandising monster. No way they kill him off.

I would have preferred she get killed off in spectacular fashion.

That move would alienate up to half the potential audience. The Big Mouse loves money first and foremost. There's just no upside in killing off the character. Also with time, who knows what will happen. Some people believed Isaiah Washington would never act again once he was kicked off Greys Anatomy. But even he returned to the show in a few cameo episodes. And he is still acting and in things, albeit he probably burned a lot of bridges that can never be repaired.

Seems pretty obvious to me that the titular character of "The Mandolarian" is Grogu. Not Bo. Not Djin (Din? I still don't know lol).

Grogu.

The big three died at some point. After all, Star Wars takes place a long, long time ago. Maybe thousands of years. Maybe millions. Even as a kid I understood I was watching the adventures of characters that are long dead, just like the stars we see the light from.

But that doesn't mean I have to accept the lazy, ******, disrespectful way the Disney megacorporation decided to do it. In my mind, we haven't actually seen what happens to these characters, and their final fate remains a mystery. They had decades worth of exciting adventures after they destroyed the second Death Star. Sure, they had ups and downs, but they weren't the pathetic wretches Abrams and Johnson wanted them to me. They were heroes, and they lived heroic lives.

The big three died at some point. After all, Star Wars takes place a long, long time ago. Maybe thousands of years. Maybe millions. Even as a kid I understood I was watching the adventures of characters that are long dead, just like the stars we see the light from.

But that doesn't mean I have to accept the lazy, ******, disrespectful way the Disney megacorporation decided to do it. In my mind, we haven't actually seen what happens to these characters, and their final fate remains a mystery. They had decades worth of exciting adventures after they destroyed the second Death Star. Sure, they had ups and downs, but they weren't the pathetic wretches Abrams and Johnson wanted them to me. They were heroes, and they lived heroic lives.
Great post 👍

More than half of Star Wars major characters have been recast at some point.
Hiring different actors to play younger versions of the characters is different from recasting in my books. I can buy Ewan McGregor as a younger Obi-Wan.

When you recast for the same version of the character you lose something from them. Look at Rhodey in Iron Man, they’re basically two totally different characters that share the same name.

Just leave her out of the story, she served her purpose and she’s not longer relevant.

Hiring different actors to play younger versions of the characters is different from recasting in my books. I can buy Ewan McGregor as a younger Obi-Wan.

When you recast for the same version of the character you lose something from them. Look at Rhodey in Iron Man, they’re basically two totally different characters that share the same name.

Just leave her out of the story, she served her purpose and she’s not longer relevant.
Yeah, was going to reply the same. Recasting to me is the Darren in Bewitched version and I wouldn't want that. Now, if they were to say "Gee Cara, I didn't know you were a changling.", game on. :)

Imagine no Superman movie ever again because CR died!

Sorry no more BP or Thunderbolt Ross ever again those actors died!

Snipes didn’t even die he just went to prison lol

Yes. Disney is far too smart to kill off such beloved characters in hasty, poorly thought-out stories.

Smearing Cara Dune or trying to imply a death that is designed to degrade the real life actress is bad business. The Big Mouse is already taking financial hits. It's hard enough to keep pumping out good movies and shows already. No need to incite fans to depart as well.

Someone would have to be totally insane to avoid the reality that when people interact with something like Disney, they want escapism. They want fun for their kids. They want lighthearted and nostalgia. They don't want purity tests.

Barring that, it's just good business most of the time to take the high road. Everyone has enough battles to fight in any given day, no need to try to create more for yourself. This applies to BOTH The Big Mouse and Carano alike.

Smearing Cara Dune or trying to imply a death that is designed to degrade the real life actress is bad business. The Big Mouse is already taking financial hits. It's hard enough to keep pumping out good movies and shows already. No need to incite fans to depart as well.

Someone would have to be totally insane to avoid the reality that when people interact with something like Disney, they want escapism. They want fun for their kids. They want lighthearted and nostalgia. They don't want purity tests.

Barring that, it's just good business most of the time to take the high road. Everyone has enough battles to fight in any given day, no need to try to create more for yourself. This applies to BOTH The Big Mouse and Carano alike.
Great post!

Back