The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fkkvx8NUUAE2LN3.jpg

Maybe Grogu really is a mogwai after all....

While I hope for the best with Mandalorian Season 3 (and beyond), I very much expect it’s going to start turning into a Trojan horse to better tie the ST to the OT.

No surprise, I’m not a fan of the ST, and the strength of the Mandalorian show for me was how much distance it had from that trilogy, letting it stand alone and safely exist outside of those events.

However, starting to tie it in is something I’ll inevitably dislike, even as I acknowledge Disney isn’t retconning or removing it from continuity. It’s here to stay, no matter how much I dislike it.

So, if Mando season 3 starts going off the edge, that sucks, but I think the ending of Season 2 is a great mental jumping off point should that happen. I cynically think Disney will ruin a good thing eventually, but I’m better than most at enjoying stuff in isolation (e.g there are only two Aliens movies, two Terminator movies, etc.) If there are “only” two seasons of Mandalorian, I’ll be content with that.

View attachment 614261

Maybe Grogu really is a mogwai after all....

Okay, ENDANGERMENT OF MINORS, Marilyn is back there not even caring if these children look up her skirt. Harlot! Shameful! I also see xenomorphs, and Grogu would make a tasty snack for them. Morally and physically, your house is dangerous and I am calling CPS immmmeeeeee-diutly. This is why we cant have nice things!

lol

So, if Mando season 3 starts going off the edge, that sucks, but I think the ending of Season 2 is a great mental jumping off point should that happen. I cynically think Disney will ruin a good thing eventually, but I’m better than most at enjoying stuff in isolation (e.g there are only two Aliens movies, two Terminator movies, etc.) If there are “only” two seasons of Mandalorian, I’ll be content with that.

If they turn this into too marked of a trojan horse, I will hop right off that horse without so much as a by-your-leave. I'm expecting this will first manifest with Grogu flashing back to Kylo Ren or something. Will Disney eventually kill this goose who lays golden eggs? You betcha. Its what they do.

I am expecting for this to be the last watchable season. Im hoping that this whole season will be watchable, really. They really ****** it up with BoBF, I have zero trust for them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I hope for the best with Mandalorian Season 3 (and beyond), I very much expect it’s going to start turning into a Trojan horse to better tie the ST to the OT.

No surprise, I’m not a fan of the ST, and the strength of the Mandalorian show for me was how much distance it had from that trilogy, letting it stand alone and safely exist outside of those events.

However, starting to tie it in is something I’ll inevitably dislike, even as I acknowledge Disney isn’t retconning or removing it from continuity. It’s here to stay, no matter how much I dislike it.

They're likely trying to do what The Clone Wars did for the Prequel era.

They're likely trying to do what The Clone Wars did for the Prequel era.
Absolutely.

However, I personally think the PT saga conceptually was amazing but poorly executed. Bad dialogue, pacing, and acting direction marred legitimately great story beats, and The Clone Saga thrived by expanding and fleshing out important moments with better performances and more engaging context. I knew where the PT story ended - leading up to A New Hope and the ultimate victory in RoTJ. We knew the ending, just not exactly how we would get there.

The ST series, by contrast, is an ending many just dislike. I don’t care to know how or why Luke failed as a Jedi and friend in greater detail. I don’t have interest in seeing Han and Leia fail at marriage or as parents. I don’t care about how the First Order so quickly replaces the Empire. I don’t care about Rey’s link to Palpatine.

I cared about seeing that stuff in Clone Wars because the PT movies SKIPPED it. For the ST, I actively want to avoid seeing the stuff they rushed through. I’m not lining up for the missing chapter of Finn’s sanitation jobs, Phasma’s epic story of failing upward, DJ’s backstory of backstabs, or Leia and Holdo’s dinner conversations about hair color and poor leadership choices.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

However, I personally think the PT saga conceptually was amazing but poorly executed. Bad dialogue, pacing, and acting direction marred legitimately great story beats, and The Clone Saga thrived by expanding and fleshing out important moments with better performances and more engaging context. I knew where the PT story ended - leading up to A New Hope and the ultimate victory in RoTJ. We knew the ending, just not exactly how we would get there.

The ST series, by contrast, is an ending many just dislike. I don’t care to know how or why Luke failed as a Jedi and friend in greater detail. I don’t have interest in seeing Han and Leia fail at marriage or as parents. I don’t care about how the First Order so quickly replaces the Empire. I don’t care about Rey’s link to Palpatine.

I cared about that seeing that stuff in Clone Wars because the PT movies SKIPPED it. For the ST, I actively want to avoid seeing the stuff they rushed through. I’m not lining up for the missing chapter of Finn’s sanitation jobs, Phasma’s epic story of failing upward, DJ’s backstory of backstabs, or Leia and Holdo’s dinner conversations about hair color and poor leadership choices.
Maybe we'll get an animated series that fully fleshes out what Finn was going to tell Rey in TROS but never got a chance to, lol.

Absolutely.

I cared about that seeing that stuff in Clone Wars because the PT movies SKIPPED it. For the ST, I actively want to avoid seeing the stuff they rushed through. I’m not lining up for the missing chapter of Finn’s sanitation jobs, Phasma’s epic story of failing upward, DJ’s backstory of backstabs, or Leia and Holdo’s dinner conversations about hair color and poor leadership choices.
Oh yeah I have no interest in it either. I have a lot of love for the PT, especially Revenge of the Sith, but I have no such love for anything about the sequel trilogy. It had some decent concepts like Kylo Ren and Finn but were completely and utterly wasted. Colin Trevorrow's Episode IX concepts looked far more interesting and satisfying than anything Jar Jar Abrams could drum up.

Maybe we'll get an animated series that fully fleshes out what Finn was going to tell Rey in TROS but never got a chance to, lol.
I thought he wanted to impart to her the important "lesson" he learned the previous movie ....
c7f6df3472c60b377a66f6cef4225a90.gif

:lol
Wow those movies were garbage.
Unfortunately, it was a given, someone hunting for and secretly trying to clone off a powerful infant Jedi.
It's obvious where they where going to connect that.

And while his first appearance was great, with the second they've already retroactively established Disney's useless incompetent and failed Jedi Luke, who apparently learned nothing from what he experienced or was in the OT, and instead, betrays and goes against every instinct that defined him.

Last edited:
I thought he wanted to impart to her the important "lesson" he learned the previous movie ....
c7f6df3472c60b377a66f6cef4225a90.gif

:lol
The juxtaposition of Rose's quote about winning by saving what they love as those they love are exploding in a giant ball of fire behind them due to Rose herself bungling Finn's plan is just so utterly bizarre, lol.

And how did she stop Finn's kamikaze run that would have prevented the door from blowing up and Luke having to sacrifice himself? By doing her own kamikaze run into Finn himself. :cuckoo: The level of "what the hell" is just so completely off the charts on that one. :lol

Woo-boy. PLEASE let these rumors of Mando tying into the ST be just rumors and nothing more.
This show's main appeal was taking elements from SW and things that influenced the saga and creating something apart from the main saga's story. The Lone Gunslinger on the edge of the galaxy watching over the foundling and returning it to it's "people". It was a good start with season one and made it's way to the end of that arc with season two.

Now a new arc will start with this upcoming season. There are plenty of story possibilities there w/o having to just become another vehicle to explain the lack of plan, badly executed and poorly received sequel trilogy. PLEASE DON'T. THERE IS NO NEED TO CONNECT Mando to that train wreck. It's a big galaxy. Drive around it.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Favreau may be less a savior and gatekeeper for SW and more like the waiter who brings out the fantastically prepared meal to the table and as he sets it in front of us proceeds to spit in the plate.

Sigh. As long as Andor makes it through it's next season with the same quality of production and storytelling that the first season had, I'll be happy.

Back