The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney probably thought that the hashtag mob screaming for Gina's head represented some kind of fan majority. The truth is that the actual majority probably doesn't care what the actors post on their social media. And when you combine those people with the number of fans who actually support her posts, then Disney miscalculated the PR pro/con ratio.

Right, the majority of viewers are now just learning that she had a twitter account.

A decade ago there wasn't Twitter and SJWs etc. Myself, I wonder how this sensitive Twitter mob is ever gonna hold any kind of job in any major urban area, where u can be flipped the bird and cussed out by random strangers and like that. And if they don't have a job, e.g. income, how are they supposed to pay for D+, so if Disney was worried about their revenue, it doesn't compute.

Like I said in one of the other threads, Cancel Culture/Twitter Mobs is a US only thing because companies have let them push the line further and further over the years. Good look getting away with the stuff they do in other countries.

But I also agree most of the people who have all day to ***** and moan on social media are just proving they have nothing better going on with their boring lives and doing stuff like this gives them some purpose. Same ones always crying about having poor mental health and how life's hard nonstop. Your views are your views and you can agree/disagree with celebrities but feeling better about getting someone fired is such a foreign concept to me.

Cara will die off-screen.

The new Marshal of Nevarro will casually report that his predecessor got stuck in a revolving door during a firefight, or something.

3asw27.jpg

Wonder how much longer Cara will last on the Star Wars Card Trader splash screen?

-MobileHeader_600x680_swct21.jpg

Answer:

Disney probably thought that the hashtag mob screaming for Gina's head represented some kind of fan majority. The truth is that the actual majority probably doesn't care what the actors post on their social media. And when you combine those people with the number of fans who actually support her posts, then Disney miscalculated the PR pro/con ratio.

I think a lot of big corporations overestimate the level of engagement with Twitter. It's a tiny fraction of that of Facebook. In situations like this it gets amplified by the mainstream media.

Gina *was* often times a pretty cringy actress but like the Mechanic Lady was a lovable part of the show nonetheless (and was very toyetic as the abundance of Cara Dune figures and statues already proved.) She was a modern day "Vasquez" that was a breath of fresh air in the franchise. Her character did have a well enough jumping off point (at least with regard to Din Djarin's ongoing adventures) so at least there's that but otherwise I think that firing Gina and cancelling the character right down to her prized merchandise is the single lamest thing that Disney has done since taking over the franchise.

Answer:
I think a lot of big corporations overestimate the level of engagement with Twitter. It's a tiny fraction of that of Facebook. In situations like this it gets amplified by the mainstream media.

I do believe they're just a minority, but they're also a VERY vocal one.

make-ten-men-feel-1ike-a-hundred-when-you-and-39270838.jpg

So you take all those people, with nothing but time on their hands. Plus, the energy to never want to admit they're being wrong and/or irrational and it's just a lose=lose situation for you. You have to assume Big Corporations have to know that but like I said before, they've catered and pandered to them for so long, I think they're just scared of them now. They've created this Frankenstein.

So you take all those people, with nothing but time on their hands. Plus, the energy to never want to admit they're being wrong and/or irrational and it's just a lose=lose situation for you. You have to assume Big Corporations have to know that but like I said before, they've catered and pandered to them for so long, I think they're just scared of them now. They've created this Frankenstein.

True, it's all about the loudest voice. Those at both extremes have the motivation to bang on, where the majority "sensible centre" doesn't. But the end perception is that the only positions are the extremes.

For me, it's because of the industry she's in now. If she spoke out while still in MMA, it'd be no big deal because I think it's safe to say that most in that world hold and express her views. But to speak out from her political point of view in Hollywood means that she's got (figurative) balls. In an industry where anyone who shares her point of view either stays quiet or even maybe pretends to agree with the herd, I find it incredibly admirable that she's willing to be vocal with her contrarian views.

People have said she's stupid for throwing away good money and a high-profile gig just to make public political statements, but if she truly believes that there's a widespread effort to silence and demonize conservatives, then her willingness to be fired for not shutting up shows a strength of convictions. She's a fighter in more ways than one, and if people can't appreciate that, that's their problem.

:duff

But I also agree most of the people who have all day to ***** and moan on social media are just proving they have nothing better going on with their boring lives and doing stuff like this gives them some purpose. Same ones always crying about having poor mental health and how life's hard nonstop. Your views are your views and you can agree/disagree with celebrities but feeling better about getting someone fired is such a foreign concept to me.

:duff

I'm a bit baffled by the love for the Cara Dune character and Gina Carano, TBH... it's a mildly interesting secondary character, played by a mildly talented person. I mean, if it was somebody really crucial to the story, like Moff Gideon, I'd understand the uproar. Hell, even Carl Weathers' character seems more intrinsically linked to the story than Cara Dune... If Cara Dune never shows up again in the series nothing happens. Or am I missing something here?

Sure, it's a bummer that the character's gone, but it has no real impact on the story, does it?
As for recasting, meh... I probably wouldn't do it, because Gina Carano does have a very specific presence, and since the character doesn't seem essential to the story, why bother?

:rotfl

I'm sorry, but that's a dumb comparison. Arnold was a superstar by the time T2 came around, there was no way the role could be recast. Gina Carano is not a superstar and the franchise does not rest on her (ample) shoulders.

I agree.....

I think most of this is just outrage because she was vocal about her weirdo belief system got her in trouble....

Shes no big loss really.

Words have consequences again . If you wanna spout controversial stuff expect consequences.

Back before Twitter if you said some of this stuff in public amount real people
It would get you a punch in the mouth for being a jerk.

Now , people feel way to comfortable spouting opinions that are clearly derogatory and expect zero consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk km

I'm baffled by both Ahsoka and Cara.

I'm baffled that they kept bland Gideon on as the big bad for such little use and yet killed off (which was barely shown) a much more sinister and quietly threatening villain in The Client, who may have had a much more interesting background not hinged upon capturing some magical device.

Ah man, I would have loved to have seen Werner Herzog grow out to be the big villain of the show. That would've been excellent. His accent and his voice make him very sinister, to say the least.

I'll leave you with this gem:

:lol

I agree.....

I think most of this is just outrage because she was vocal about her weirdo belief system got her in trouble....

Shes no big loss really.

Words have consequences again . If you wanna spout controversial stuff expect consequences.

Back before Twitter if you said some of this stuff in public amount real people
It would get you a punch in the mouth for being a jerk.

Now , people feel way to comfortable spouting opinions that are clearly derogatory and expect zero consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk km

I'd pay good money to see one of the Twitter idiots take a swing at Gina Carano...

OK. I'll play -
Let's recast Robocop. Oh, wait...Already done. Great success :duh
Ok then, how about Rocky. Yeah, let's try that.

It's still not the same though is it? Robocop didn't fail because of Kinnaman and Rocky is the title character that's been established for decades. Recasting Dune is more like Terrence Howard being replaced by Don Cheadle in Iron Man 2 and that wasn't a big deal either.

Back