The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah... the old 'can't we just be friends' discussion.

Would have been wise to have that conversation before creating a ****storm. Could have had a sit down with the Bobs, Gina, Favreau, and (vomit) Kennedy. But that's not what the Twitter psychos wanted....so here we are.

https://youtu.be/ORCNv44sX10

Notice...100 likes, 10 thousand dislikes

Hypocrisy on steroids!
f13d3df752ed0dbc79dcecc2545971cd.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

What I'm starting to realize with these movie companies is that its not about what the fans want anymore or how much money will be lost in the process if the fans hate what's being put out. Its about the subversive ideology the studio wants to shove down our throats.

Rian's TLJ was a puke fest. Jar Jar Abrams wasn't much better. Yet they tell us they want to make a trilogy with that guy in charge after it bombed so hard? Did they ask the Star Wars community who they think is best for the job? Naw. Just keep going down the same path as if the community absolutely loved it.

Listen to what George said about the underlying theme of Star Wars and how it connects to our world. He said this while Kathleen was right next to him. He basically told her the essence of Star Wars so she can't say "he never told me". He knows she hasn't done the series justice, just like all the fans know.

This has to be ,for me, the most important thing I've seen George discuss about Star Wars' underlying core themes. The story is structured in such a way that you can view it from many different angles, and you can make the connection to something deeper based on your own experiences and knowledge in life.

No it?s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBH don't think that's fair either - she had improved a lot by Season 2, IMO no different than Hemsworth, who didn't blow me away with his early work. But he looked like I'd imagine a movie Thor *shrug*.

Yeah, I agree with you. I wasn't expecting a former MMA fighter to be brought in for artistic merit in nuanced acting. She was hired to be a female action star who could actually be credible in combat and brawling sequences. Mission accomplished!

Am I suddenly supposed to knock Arnold and Sly when they display limited range in their action roles? :lol If they can find someone to be equally convincing as a female badass while simultaneously showing off great acting chops, then I'll tip my hat. Until then, Gina did exactly what she was expected to do. Some of her stunt work looked fantastic. And no amount of revisionism is going to change the fact that her character was a popular one.

Yeah, I agree with you. I wasn't expecting a former MMA fighter to be brought in for artistic merit in nuanced acting. She was hired to be a female action star who could actually be credible in combat and brawling sequences. Mission accomplished!

Am I suddenly supposed to knock Arnold and Sly when they display limited range in their action roles? :lol If they can find someone to be equally convincing as a female badass while simultaneously showing off great acting chops, then I'll tip my hat. Until then, Gina did exactly what she was expected to do. Some of her stunt work looked fantastic. And no amount of revisionism is going to change the fact that her character was a popular one.

Her physicality was her artistic merit! :thwak

And that cute smile too lol

All that matters is happy investors on quarterly calls. And Igor probably doesn’t give a single damn since these social media matters are a non-issue on said calls.

He did have to answer to an investor on a quarterly call why the Star Wars movies specifically haven't done as well as expected. The excuse we all know by now was that there was too many in too short a time span. Pathetic excuse since you can't say the obvious and blame the writers or direction of the films. I do remembering that he read the TLJ script around the premiere of TFA, so he was well aware of the direction on that one. I get your point though, 3,000ft view in the CEO chair.

Actually he is doing exactly what the shareholders want. The last SW films and The Mandalorian are finically successful regardless of what fans say.....they made tons of cash. And that?s all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually he is doing exactly what the shareholders want. The last SW films and The Mandalorian are finically successful regardless of what fans say.....they made tons of cash. And that?s all that matters.

Exactly my point. To him, Kathleen is bringing in a ton of revenue. So it’s a non-issue to him and why should he change anything.

It reminds me of all of my friends who are wrestling fans. Clearly WWE is not the same 90’s wrestling a lot of people fell in love with anymore. But Vince is making as much money as he’s ever had ever with his current product, so why should he listen to the very vocal crowd complaining every week? Money talks to all these guys running the shows. And that’s the bottom line...

Although I will miss the Cara Dune character..I think S2 did a great job with the two other female characters introduced in the series , so I don?t think it will be a huge loss not seeing Cara moving forward

Why not just recast the role :dunno

Back