The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I will miss the Cara Dune character..I think S2 did a great job with the two other female characters introduced in the series , so I don?t think it will be a huge loss not seeing Cara moving forward

Why not just recast the role :dunno

:slap why not just recast Arnold in Terminator while you are at it.

Although I will miss the Cara Dune character..I think S2 did a great job with the two other female characters introduced in the series , so I don?t think it will be a huge loss not seeing Cara moving forward

Why not just recast the role :dunno

I'm a bit baffled by the love for the Cara Dune character and Gina Carano, TBH... it's a mildly interesting secondary character, played by a mildly talented person. I mean, if it was somebody really crucial to the story, like Moff Gideon, I'd understand the uproar. Hell, even Carl Weathers' character seems more intrinsically linked to the story than Cara Dune... If Cara Dune never shows up again in the series nothing happens. Or am I missing something here?

Sure, it's a bummer that the character's gone, but it has no real impact on the story, does it?
As for recasting, meh... I probably wouldn't do it, because Gina Carano does have a very specific presence, and since the character doesn't seem essential to the story, why bother?

Wanted: Female with very limited acting acting ability. Must be built like a brick outhouse.

:rotfl

:slap why not just recast Arnold in Terminator while you are at it.

I'm sorry, but that's a dumb comparison. Arnold was a superstar by the time T2 came around, there was no way the role could be recast. Gina Carano is not a superstar and the franchise does not rest on her (ample) shoulders.

I'm a bit baffled by the love for the Cara Dune character and Gina Carano, TBH...

That's actually been the most baffling thing to me this entire time. When did Gina Carano get put on such a high pedestal, that she's able to make all these people extremely emotional over what she does on social media.

She could like a Donald Trump tweet like millions of other famous/nonfamous people, but SW fans will all lose their minds and days worth of sleep, in both extremes, because of it. We live in such odd times.

I'm sorry, but that's a dumb comparison. Arnold was a superstar by the time T2 came around, there was no way the role could be recast. Gina Carano is not a superstar and the franchise does not rest on her (ample) shoulders.

OK. I'll play -
Let's recast Robocop. Oh, wait...Already done. Great success :duh
Ok then, how about Rocky. Yeah, let's try that.

Exactly my point. How did Gina manage to put her voice on such a high pedestal with people? She definitely didn't have it when she was fighting a decade ago. Because I missed the memo.

For me, it's because of the industry she's in now. If she spoke out while still in MMA, it'd be no big deal because I think it's safe to say that most in that world hold and express her views. But to speak out from her political point of view in Hollywood means that she's got (figurative) balls. In an industry where anyone who shares her point of view either stays quiet or even maybe pretends to agree with the herd, I find it incredibly admirable that she's willing to be vocal with her contrarian views.

People have said she's stupid for throwing away good money and a high-profile gig just to make public political statements, but if she truly believes that there's a widespread effort to silence and demonize conservatives, then her willingness to be fired for not shutting up shows a strength of convictions. She's a fighter in more ways than one, and if people can't appreciate that, that's their problem.

What a dumb move on Disney for firing her I don?t give a crap about her personal life I only care about the character Cara Dune

Did she break the law

Did she do her work as expected

If NO to the first and YES to the second THEN LEAVE HER ALONE!

I guess she could be called Cara Done now lol

I'm a bit baffled by the love for the Cara Dune character and Gina Carano, TBH... it's a mildly interesting secondary character, played by a mildly talented person. I mean, if it was somebody really crucial to the story, like Moff Gideon, I'd understand the uproar. Hell, even Carl Weathers' character seems more intrinsically linked to the story than Cara Dune... If Cara Dune never shows up again in the series nothing happens. Or am I missing something here?

Sure, it's a bummer that the character's gone, but it has no real impact on the story, does it?
As for recasting, meh... I probably wouldn't do it, because Gina Carano does have a very specific presence, and since the character doesn't seem essential to the story, why bother?

Well, I'm baffled by the love for Ahsoka so there's that *shrug*. And at this point really, really tired of her "showing up in everything" when IMO she should have bit the dust back when, except plot armor.

But Ahsoka fits the Disney Princess mold, which Cara Dune/Gina definitely didn't, so for me Cara Dune is a breath of fresh air. Story-wise, she's backed up Mando more than once, so for me it's gonna be a huge gap not having her. AND, she was an original character to the series - at this point Greef is the only *main* original character left standing, except for the Child. Kuiil, Cara, IG-11 are gone. There's Moff Gideon, of course; but Ahsoka got a whole commercial of sorts devoted to her, while 2 seasons in we know very little about Gideon, except he's bad news.

No doubt Filoni will stuff more of CW/Rebels characters to fill the gap; but I would have liked to have seen where Cara ended up; even if she was killed off.
As for impact on the story - that's impossible to say, since no-one knows what the story would have been. Except now I'll probably always feel a bit cringey about the Mandalorian, wondering every episode how much Disney interfered, and how much rehash is gonna show up from Filoni's shows:pfft:. I'm gonna miss Cara's @ss-kicking too and the dynamic with Din D'jarin (reminded me of Cap and Natasha). Plus, visually, the camera loved her.

What a dumb move on Disney for firing her I don?t give a crap about her personal life I only care about the character Cara Dune

Did she break the law

Did she do her work as expected

If NO to the first and YES to the second THEN LEAVE HER ALONE!

I guess she could be called Cara Done now lol

Disney probably thought that the hashtag mob screaming for Gina's head represented some kind of fan majority. The truth is that the actual majority probably doesn't care what the actors post on their social media. And when you combine those people with the number of fans who actually support her posts, then Disney miscalculated the PR pro/con ratio.

I'm baffled by both Ahsoka and Cara.

I'm baffled that they kept bland Gideon on as the big bad for such little use and yet killed off (which was barely shown) a much more sinister and quietly threatening villain in The Client, who may have had a much more interesting background not hinged upon capturing some magical device.

Exactly my point. How did Gina manage to put her voice on such a high pedestal with people? She definitely didn't have it when she was fighting a decade ago. Because I missed the memo.

A decade ago there wasn't Twitter and SJWs etc. Myself, I wonder how this sensitive Twitter mob is ever gonna hold any kind of job in any major urban area, where u can be flipped the bird and cussed out by random strangers and like that. And if they don't have a job, e.g. income, how are they supposed to pay for D+, so if Disney was worried about their revenue, it doesn't compute.

I'm baffled by both Ahsoka and Cara.

I'm baffled that they kept bland Gideon on as the big bad for such little use and yet killed off (which was barely shown) a much more sinister and quietly threatening villain in The Client, who may have had a much more interesting background not hinged upon capturing some magical device.

To be fair, not everyone can be Werner Herzog and wither your manhood with a contemptuous look.:cool:

And IMO someone of Giancarlo's ability was dissrespected by Disney's need to advertise its upcoming series; same thing happened in IW, because there were Doctor Strange, Spiderman, and GOTG films coming up. Season 2 got a bigger budget so I figure Disney traded money for ad space, so to speak, with Favreau.

I don't KNOW that's the case; but it doesn't feel like coincidence.:pfft:

Back