The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I'm really appreciating about this show is that my favourite character is The Mandalorian. I'm always interested to see how he plays off the other characters. So it was particularly interesting to see him meet a trained Jedi for the first time. Ashoka was great - cool design and well played by Rosario Dawson. Definitely hope we'll see more of her.

Didn't recognize Biehn at first even though I'd read he was in this one - damned aging. If I'm honest it wasn't as much of a role as I was hoping he'd get....maybe he's not dead?

The idea of ?personal cannon? has always rubbed me the wrong way. Why not just say your no longer a SW fan and be done with it?

I'm absolutely an advocate of personal canon. The idea that you have to accept everything that gets produced in order to be considered a fan...ultimately why does anyone care. What is this, a religion?.....well...actually....

Ohhhhhh. In that case, I have no idea. ;)

I'll borrow the logic used by Sassafrass and guess Palpatine. All things lead to Palpatine.

That actually has a tiny margin of possibility since the baby seems to have been neglected. Chancellor access to the Temple = ease of entry. Baby feeling lonely = neglectful a-hole Palps.

Or it was the librarian.

They can't take Season 1 from me. And there's time to cancel my POs.:blissysmi

The idea of ?personal cannon? has always rubbed me the wrong way. Why not just say your no longer a SW fan and be done with it?

They are obviously going to make strong connections to the ST in Mando since is bridges the two trilogies. If that?s going to ruffle your feathers then I suggest jumping off now.......

But it's alright for a mega corporation to buy the franchise, retcon/malign loads of existing material loved by many, put a team of agenda driven dimwits together who don't know or care about the existing franchise who just want to exploit it's popularity to further their own agenda while making awful content along the way and expect the actual fans to consume....

Ok, got it.

I know right!!!! :rock

:yess:

RDS FREAKING NAILED THE CHARACTER!

That look she gave the Razor Crest as it lifted off at the end was SPOT ON CARTOON AHSOKA. :rock

Oh thank God okay all is right with the world, xipotec's post had me worried that somehow everyone else including you hated this episode. THIS SEASON IS OFF THE CHARTS AWESOME!! Holy crap did it rock from beginning to end. Ahsoka keeping her blades turned off to stay hidden until she attacked each soldier in the beginning so freaking cool. Biehn's acting wasn't as natural as his younger years but I think I audibly laughed out loud when even in SW he keeps a Reese/Hicks pump action shotgun for close encounters. This episode was a bit of a tribute to his three most iconic characters, hell even a little bit of The Rock with him being

Spoiler Spoiler:

LOVED IT. :yess:

What I'm really appreciating about this show is that my favourite character is The Mandalorian. I'm always interested to see how he plays off the other characters. So it was particularly interesting to see him meet a trained Jedi for the first time. Ashoka was great - cool design and well played by Rosario Dawson. Definitely hope we'll see more of her.

Didn't recognize Biehn at first even though I'd read he was in this one - damned aging. If I'm honest it wasn't as much of a role as I was hoping he'd get....maybe he's not dead?

I'm absolutely an advocate of personal canon. The idea that you have to accept everything that gets produced in order to be considered a fan...ultimately why does anyone care. What is this, a religion?.....well...actually....

I always knew that RD was going to look stunning but they even exceeded my expectations with their sharp design elements.

She instantly became Ahsoka for me even without the giant eyes.

She had great light saber presence.

lol@MB shotgun

I was hoping MB was in it more though. :gah:

Last edited:
I think "hate" for The Mandalorian is justified if you were expecting a frontier western removed from the rest of the saga. Instead we have more connections than you can poke a force pike at - but LF/Filoni can't help themselves, they need callbacks and fan service.

And the titular character keeps getting overshadowed, first by The Child, then Boba and now Ahsoka.

(But I haven't seen an episode since early S1, so discount my opinion if you haven't already ;) )

Last edited:
Oh thank God okay all is right with the world, xipotec's post had me worried that somehow everyone else including you hated this episode. THIS SEASON IS OFF THE CHARTS AWESOME!! Holy crap did it rock from beginning to end. Ahsoka keeping her blades turned off to stay hidden until she attacked each soldier in the beginning so freaking cool. Biehn's acting wasn't as natural as his younger years but I think I audibly laughed out loud when even in SW he keeps a Reese/Hicks pump action shotgun for close encounters. This episode was a bit of a tribute to his three most iconic characters, hell even a little bit of The Rock with him being

Spoiler Spoiler:

LOVED IT. :yess:

Did you also catch how he had HK-87 assassin droids working with him when they were hunting Ahsoka (OK, when she was hunting them lol)? No doubt a cheeky callback to Terminator's HK Hunter-Killer models. :lol

I think "hate" for The Mandalorian is justified if you were expecting a frontier western removed from the rest of the saga. Instead we have more connections than you can poke a force pike at - but LF/Filoni can't help themselves, they need callbacks and fan service.

And the titular character keeps getting overshadowed, first by The Child and now Ahsoka.

(But I haven't seen an episode since early S1, so discount my opinion if you haven't already ;) )

Have you lost your mind this is amazing SW even if my wife had no idea who or what a GAT is.

She was like is that supposed to mean something lol

:lol :lol

I instantly thought of but then realized that it isn't unreasonable to assume that Ahsoka couldn't have possibly met every single Jedi and/or Jedi Master in the Temple. :)

Actually Yaddle dies before the AOTC in 26 BBY, so Ahsoka problably would not have meet her since she was with master Plo-Koon, she was just 10 years old.

Now about a possible retcon for the Sequel Trilogy, its easy, just remake the Rise of Skywalker just like the new "Justice League Snyder Cut", if you change episode 9 you can save the whole narrative mess from the ST.

Holy crap will you turd army dreamers let it rest already Disney is NOT I REPEAT IS NOT throwing away the ST christ o mighty lol

I dont watch doomcock, i just said that if disney wanted to retcon they just do a "Snyder cut" of episode 9, I LOVE THE LAST JEDI so i am not a ST hater:1-1:

I can't believe reconciling the Yaddle question is actually a thing. :lol

In either case, Ahsoka would've been to just about every planet in the galaxy by the time she shows up in Mando. Just in TCW alone, she went to how many worlds with Anakin in those brief few years? Then on her own. Then with the Rebels crew.

And she only saw *one* of Yoda's species the whole time? Damn, they're rarer than rare. Are these things banging underground somewhere, and a kid of theirs only surfaces by accident every 800 years? Or maybe they only spawn like Gremlins, and they're just really good at not getting wet.

Now about a possible retcon for the Sequel Trilogy, its easy, just remake the Rise of Skywalker just like the new "Justice League Snyder Cut", if you change episode 9 you can save the whole narrative mess from the ST.

tumblr_pmsdd7wFmn1sc7xgoo2_540.gif

Holy crap will you doomcock turd army dreamers let it rest already Disney is NOT I REPEAT IS NOT throwing away the ST christ o mighty lol

:lol :lol :lol

I'm loving this debate because I don't care either way. At the end of this, half the fans bickering about it will be happy and other half won't - meanwhile, I'll still be watching the dogfight and baby puking from last week's episode, then tweaking an eventual 1/6 Thrawn figure. :lol

The first season of The Mandalorian was set in 9 ABY, the same as Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy.

The comic book series Dark Empire, Dark Empire II and Empire's End were set between 10 and 11 ABY, and all three were concerned with the resurrection of Palpatine in clone bodies.

The Mandalorian can simply re-canonise the 'Legends' and they'll eventually lead to the ST.

This is (probably) the way.

The first season of The Mandalorian was set in 9 ABY, the same as Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy.

The comic book series Dark Empire, Dark Empire II and Empire's End were set between 10 and 11 ABY, and all three were concerned with the resurrection of Palpatine in clone bodies.

The Mandalorian can simply re-canonise the 'Legends' and they'll eventually lead to the ST.

This is the (probably) way.

I think they will use the Rebels+Mando cast to remake the Heir to the Empire and Luke to the Dark Empire with Snoke in the place of Palpatine, remember that in the Kylo Ren comics, Ben say that Luke already had confronted Snoke before he became Kylo Ren.

Ok so I thought the episode was OK.. It was nice to see Ahsoka in the real world.

I thought RD really looked the part.. BUT, and I understand that she is older, she lacked the charisma of the animated character.

Even though she looked like Ahsoka I thought she needed a bit more time in the gym to practice the sword play.. The duel was very slow and obvious that not too much time was spent on it..

But boy she looked the part. I am sure with time she will get better with the saber play. Granted I am use to watching Ahsoka moving like a Superhero because of the cartoons :lol :lol

Overall the episode was OK.

I remember liking Thrawn before I quite reading the TZ books halfway through the middle one. So it will be cool to see him on screen.. Wonder if he will have those stupid force sucking lizards.. Hope not. :lol

Back