The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I get that Clone Wars and Rebels is still canon, but seeing live action Ahsoka name-dropping Thrawn just hits different.

I can't believe they did that. I mean, I guess that was the perfect misdirect, the 'Page him' line makes everybody think Gideon is the Magistrate's boss and ... boom, 'we just made this show even more badass for you'

Didn't think that. Didn't connect. Except thinking re Rebels

Spoiler Spoiler:

I wonder if AT lied to Mando about BY origins and name.

Not likely. The baby is now more of a centerpiece of the show than before, and his origin seems like a straightforward setup for something bigger. One of the benefits of Filoni lacking subtlety is that it's pretty easy to see where he's going with his setups.

Ahsoka's dialogue about the little guy's origin positions him as a potential game changer who can be used by either the light side or the dark. A consistent theme in SW is that lust for power leads directly to corrupting those who have the strongest potential to someday get in your way.

The baby is more than just a carrier of midichlorians for science experiments. Din is just as responsible for keeping him on the light side as he is for keeping him out of Imperial laboratories.

Let's face it, this episode's origin story was also almost like saying, "This is the way" when it comes to how Force powers should be accessed by SW characters. Another not-so-subtle message perhaps? :)

It sounds like you're proposing that Palps/Snoke already exists on Exegol and he's somehow relayed cloning tech info to Gideon and Dr. Pershing to aid in the eventual establishment of the First Order - i.e., Snoke is the precursor to the Dark Trooper experiments, not the other way around.

I think cloning was being experimented on, and yes, they already made some defective clones for the Emperor which obviously are not very good. They probably fail after a short time, requiring constant replacements, which requires a constant supply of Midichlorian blood to create.

We already know from the ST that Palps required a strong Jedi related to him to really take over a more permanent body.

The clones we see are failed or in progress clones that will not last long. Snoke himself was obviously falling apart, and not long for this world before Ben kills him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am shocked to see all the hate this episode is getting.....goes to show you how SW fans are vastly different.

As someone who consumes almost all SW related media, I find it hard to accept certain opinions of people who have not even bothers to view the YEARS worth of story telling and lore because it was a cartoon.....like somehow the format makes it less powerful and provocative. Rebels and the Clone War simply spell out so many things in the universe that you really cannot consider yourself knowledgeable about what?s going on without seeing them.

The idea of ?personal cannon? has always rubbed me the wrong way. Why not just say your no longer a SW fan and be done with it?

They are obviously going to make strong connections to the ST in Mando since is bridges the two trilogies. If that?s going to ruffle your feathers then I suggest jumping off now.......

But SW fans gotta hate....so I think as this show goes on, the criticisms and bashing will only grow.

Aside from that , I LOVED this episode. It was stylistic and drove forward the plot while bringing up many things to speculate.

Here?s a few thoughts.

Who saved Grogu? Bail Organa....

Who will the Jedi be that comes to Grogu? Ezra.

Will we see Luke? Yes.

I also think the Sisters will show up, and we will see some serious Sith force magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am shocked to see all the hate this episode is getting.....

Oh no, I just watched this episode and absolutely *loved* it and this is the first post I see, lol. Do we have another "The Last Jedi" on our hands here with online vitriol?

I'm very curious to see who all hated this and who will be in the apparent minority with me.

*Man* did I love how well they brought Ahsoka to life. My only gripe about the entire episode was that a certain someone got killed off so quickly. :(

Probably the only thing I would have changed would have been her face reveal not being at the start of her forest battle but at the end after she took out all of the guards and walked up to the magistrate.

The magistrate even says reveal yourself lol

Would have been more bad ass.

When she stood up behind that one guard and lit her sabers she was downright frightening

I know right!!!! :rock

:yess:

RDS FREAKING NAILED THE CHARACTER!

That look she gave the Razor Crest as it lifted off at the end was SPOT ON CARTOON AHSOKA. :rock

tenor.gif

Spices from Kessel.

He might be right tho. I wouldn?t put it past Disney to retcon st. I mean look what?s being talked about more and is making more money. Baby yoda dolls completely shatter that stupid bb8 thing in sales alone. I would t put it past them to do that

Yup. This is the time where Disney will retcon it. 2021 it will be official:lecture

Or alive Mace.

I hope so! Would be awesome!

:lol

You know he meant saved from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

Ohhhhhh. In that case, I have no idea. ;)

I'll borrow the logic used by Sassafrass and guess Palpatine. All things lead to Palpatine.

That actually has a tiny margin of possibility since the baby seems to have been neglected. Chancellor access to the Temple = ease of entry. Baby feeling lonely = neglectful a-hole Palps.

Or it was the librarian.

Anyways here is my review of the latest episode.

ABSO FREAKING MIND BLOWING AMAZING!

Hands down the most gorgeous lightsaber illumination ever used in all of SW!

RD was freaking amazing she looked gorgeous while simultaneously bad ass and at times super freaking scary!

What a beautiful beautiful looking episode just absolutely blown away!

RD live introduction was a huge WIN!

Lightsaber battles were spectacular.

ZERO COMPLAINTS!

Oh thank God okay all is right with the world, xipotec's post had me worried that somehow everyone else including you hated this episode. THIS SEASON IS OFF THE CHARTS AWESOME!! Holy crap did it rock from beginning to end. Ahsoka keeping her blades turned off to stay hidden until she attacked each soldier in the beginning so freaking cool. Biehn's acting wasn't as natural as his younger years but I think I audibly laughed out loud when even in SW he keeps a Reese/Hicks pump action shotgun for close encounters. This episode was a bit of a tribute to his three most iconic characters, hell even a little bit of The Rock with him being

Spoiler Spoiler:

LOVED IT. :yess:

Back