The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars live action series-Jon Favreau's THE MANDALORIAN

lulz

Funny how that stupid looking thing has such a cult following lol

Finally Hasbro will release a proper scaled 88.

It’s Star Wars. Where there’s a cult following for a man running around Bespin in an orange jumpsuit, holding an ice cream maker:lol

IG-88 was just one of many IG Assassin droids that were created. It's possible this is just another model.

What’s so special about Spiderman when there are 1000 others.

I don't understand how there wouldn't be at least one other Spiderman in any given Spiderman universe because someone else could easily get bitten by one of these spiders just as Peter Parker was....unless it's to say that there was something unique about Peter's DNA that reacted with the radioactive/genetically engineered Spider venom in a way that no one else's would...

I don't understand how there wouldn't be at least one other Spiderman in any given Spiderman universe because someone else could easily get bitten by one of these spiders just as Peter Parker was....unless it's to say that there was something unique about Peter's DNA that reacted with the radioactive/genetically engineered Spider venom in a way that no one else's would...

The point isn't that there "can't" be another version of an established character. It's just the milking aspect that dilutes the original character in order make more products/cash. Once every given character becomes a family/team/army then you lose so much of what made the character great in the first place.

Any rich guy can put on a bat-costume and hunt down bad guys but Bruce Wayne being the only one nuts enough to do it AND pull it off is a huge part of why he's cool. Any Mandalorian can turn to a life of crime and bounty hunting but once everyone does it becomes less cool. Like you said any number of people can be bit by radioactive spiders but as they said in Incredibles; when everyone is special then no one is.

I know I just wanted to take up a tangent about something I've always wondered about Spiderman. In the Raimi film the Spider that bites Peter is seen escaping and roams free. Now, odds are it would die before ever having the chance to bite someone else but what about the Spiders still in captivity? And if it becomes public knowledge that being bitten by one of these Spiders is how Spiderman got his abilities then there'd probably be a number of people voluntarily lining up to get bitten.

I think in the Raimi film at least they showed a bunch of spiders that each had one heightened trait and then the one super spider that had them all which escaped. So IIRC it was just the one but it's been a while since I watched it. But yeah otherwise spiders are fully capable of biting multiple people so it's easy to imagine even just the one spreading the powers to many others.

Well wait until khev learns that all the ESB bounty hunters minus Fett are on a mission together and end up saving this Mandalorian which makes this Mandalorian loyal to the group.

:chase

The Mandalorian will help each of the Bounty Hunters find their softer side, their more accepting of diversity side, and make each a better "person" in the process.

IG-88 will save a town.

Bossk will save a child.

Zuckuss will save a dog.

You get the idea. Remember, this is Disney, not Game of Thrones.

Well wait until khev learns that all the ESB bounty hunters minus Fett are on a mission together and end up saving this Mandalorian which makes this Mandalorian loyal to the group.

:chase

And then they'll help an entire town fight off a band of Marauders "Three Amigos" style by crafting Mandalorian outfits for every man, woman, and child, lol.

Jon Favreau with quite the Christmas gift today.

jon-favreau-mandalorian-christman.jpg

That's not IG-88. It'll actually be an IG series assassin droid that L3-37 freed from the bondage of droid slavery and reprogrammed to fight for droids rights. And, of course, it will be female as well. And be the most dangerous of all the IG series assassin droids. It'll actually be The Mandalorian's love interest too. Looking forward to some true pan sexual on screen story telling. Not the tease we got in Solo with Lando flirting with that sexy droid.

This show, as well as the other SW Disney streaming live action shows, is gonna rock. Can't wait to see what current social/political events this show takes on in a galaxy far far away. Perhaps we'll see the long awaited trans sexual droid too so everyone can have a character to identify with. And I can't wait to pay Disney monthly to be able to watch it... :yess:

:wink1:

But seriously, I hope Jon Favreau is able to and has the creative control to actually create something fans care about and want to watch.

Back