The Mandalorian & Grogu (Theatrical Movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not willing to throw the towel in yet.

143b8d36-714f-4b1f-afa4-af260f2ad8d4_text.gif

You can thank Kathleen and Filoni for all that. Favreau's original pitch was a Boba Fett movie/show (Movie actually I think based on how season 1 seemed to be a movie script stretched out into a tv show with lots of filler). Meanwhile Filoni was pitching a project about Mandalorian culture. Kathleen had them combine their projects. Boba became Din, IG88 became IG11 etc etc etc.

Meanwhile the actual Boba Fett had to be changed into a completely different person because Din had taken his original role of badass bounty hunter (not that Din stayed that for long).
The reason I won't thank KK for anything Star Wars is because she's not involved in any of the creative, hands-on magic that's occationally (very rarely) being conjured up at Lucasfilm. She is first and foremost an enabler and a gatekeeper. On Mandalorian she just happened to invite some seriously talented dude(s) to the party for a change. Also, I disagree with the notion that there were any so called "filler" episodes in Mando s.1&2. I find them all seriously entertaining on their own and just as interesting to rewatch as the more overarching and plot heavy chapters. I'd much rather compare them to the Monster-of-the-week episodes of The X-Files.

What about a movie about the purge of Mandalore or something

Or just about any event in Mando history

Or Jango's Cuy'val dar and the **** they went through trying to train a million Jangos, some of whom were Nulls

What about a non-Mando movie about Sidon Ithano and his roving pirate band

OR ANYTHING BUT THE CRAP THIS WILL TURN OUT TO BE????

A movie about these two at this point is like, you know at the end of A Christmas Carol and Scrooge is reformed, the Cratchit family is saved and Tiny Tim finally gets an orthopedic doctor? The day is saved. What more do we have to say about these people? Where else could the story possibly go?

What is left to say about Mando and Grogu, that we dont already know?

What about a movie about the purge of Mandalore or something

Or just about any event in Mando history

Or Jango's Cuy'val dar and the **** they went through trying to train a million Jangos, some of whom were Nulls

What about a non-Mando movie about Sidon Ithano and his roving pirate band

OR ANYTHING BUT THE CRAP THIS WILL TURN OUT TO BE????

A movie about these two at this point is like, you know at the end of A Christmas Carol and Scrooge is reformed, the Cratchit family is saved and Tiny Tim finally gets an orthopedic doctor? The day is saved. What more do we have to say about these people? Where else could the story possibly go?

What is left to say about Mando and Grogu, that we dont already know?

Don't forget he's retired now on his remote property, sitting on his front porch, looking out over the pond and his kid (who will turn into a gen z, technology addicted, snowflake, ignorant narcissist - instead of being trained as a Jedi by Luke) ... all while wearing his helmet.

Yup, there's plenty of meat left on that bone :slap

Pirates!? You want pirates!?

I happen to know the best pirate in the galaxy...

Gorian Shart...

60F68344-FEE6-4974-B924-6F13263D03AA.PNG
Gloryhole Shaft is such a deep, multifaceted character with so much depth to his writing. His performance made perfect by the casting of Swamp Thing after his long hiatus from acting. Truly one of the moments in Star Wars history. I loved it when he said "It's Morbin' time". Chills. If he shows up in the Mando movie I will clap.

Dont be disrespecting Swamp Thing like that, a being who iirc has cosmic powers...? At any rate he is much cooler than the pirate potted plant.

Don't forget he's retired now on his remote property, sitting on his front porch, looking out over the pond and his kid (who will turn into a gen z, technology addicted, snowflake, ignorant narcissist - instead of being trained as a Jedi by Luke) ... all while wearing his helmet.

Yup, there's plenty of meat left on that bone :slap
Y'all haters can't spoil my excitement extremely cautious optimism:nana: - for one thing, I didn't need Luke showing up until the end when IMO it would have been really cool, and that's been spoiled already.

And where's the "retired" coming from? Mando's set up to be a sort of interstellar Jack Reacher - works for me. Seeing that Halo planet was awesome. :love I'm always up for new planets.

And baby Yoda hasn't run into any real Darksiders yet (hopefully none with an inflated cranium or wearing a pancake or screaming at the top of their lungs).

There's a lot that could be done, if they don't *&^% it up.

Y'all haters can't spoil my excitement extremely cautious optimism:nana: - for one thing, I didn't need Luke showing up until the end when IMO it would have been really cool, and that's been spoiled already.

And where's the "retired" coming from? Mando's set up to be a sort of interstellar Jack Reacher - works for me. Seeing that Halo planet was awesome. :love I'm always up for new planets.

And baby Yoda hasn't run into any real Darksiders yet (hopefully none with an inflated cranium or wearing a pancake or screaming at the top of their lungs).

chances are they will indeed f it up

if your expectations are rock bottom you won't be disappointed

We're not "hating," we're just extremely gun-shy.

Still puzzling how Mando is planning on paying the bills these days. Why is he not hunting bounties? Its his trade. He no longer needs money...? He's a man of action. How can he be happy lounging around the house all day, *forever*? LFL is not shy about them logical fallacies, you know it.

We shall see if this actually ends up getting made. I'd be interested in seeing his rise to Manda'lor. His wedding to Bo Katan. His efforts to unite all of Mandalore to keep the Empire remnant off Mandalor. What about that mythosaur? How much of that will be onscreen? NONE OF IT this is the Grogu Show front and center.

You know the bad men are going to show up and destroy Mando's wonderful little home and kidnap Grogu in the beginning.

Then... it's time to get back into the fight!

Bo-Katan will lend a hand. There will be a big Mandalorian cavalry at the showdown. Baby Rey may even make an appearance, where Grogu touches her forehead and gives her the Mary-Sue powers. Gideon will be back, with spider legs!

I feel so sad about the post a few pages back, the last thing I imagined or wanted, should I delete it?
😭
He will be missed in the S4/ Movie, his bombastic character and delivery were a pure joyful part of the show.
RIP

Last edited:
Ugh.. Just heard about Carl Weathers. :(

Another nail in the coffin for Mando and Disney Star Wars.. :slap

I feel so sad about the post a few pages back, the last thing I imagined or wanted, should I delete it?
😭
He will be missed in the S4/ Movie, his bombastic character and delivery were a pure joyful part of the show.
RIP

I wasn't serious....it's just one of those weird coincidences. It happens all the time.

A few years back I re-watched "Full Metal Jacket" and thought to myself "Man, R. Lee Ermey was so good in this...wonder what he's up to." Looked at his IMDB and stuff...

Two days later....he died. It was so weird. I feel like I "killed" him somehow. Which is ridiculous. But maybe that's the way human brains work....always seeking patterns.

It's tragic to lose the real life Carl Weathers, but he really has had some fantastic onscreen deaths that will never be forgotten....Creed...Dillon....Chubbs in "Happy Gilmore."

Back