1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The relentless onslaughts from the Mandalorian from last year until now is quite tiresome. Need to see some OT and PT figures for a change...

They actually don?t use many green screens for this. They use a rounded set that gives the scenery right then and there. Mando in his ship? He looks out the windshield and the actor sees space. It?s pretty amazing tech. There?s a video how it?s shot. Now soecial fx like blasters n such there?s quite a bit of which they may be able to do some from home. Stoked for season 2

Ok that is very cool. So maybe just some editing, minor cgi adjustments and music and it's good to go.

Given other shows that finished filming and are in the post production/effects stage have been announced as delayed, I wouldn't get my hopes up if things don't improve soon.

Given other shows that finished filming and are in the post production/effects stage have been announced as delayed, I wouldn't get my hopes up if things don't improve soon.

Personally I think they'll make it. CGI effects etc are of course all done on computer, and that can be done anywhere. Our CAD guys from work took their PC's home. Plus as it's key to Disney+ I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of bonus to get it done on time, if even working from home.

I guess it all depends if they need any reshoots. Even there there should be a month or so to sneak some in even if this lasts until say July or early August.

Either way, not much we can do about it.

Personally I think they'll make it. CGI effects etc are of course all done on computer, and that can be done anywhere. Our CAD guys from work took their PC's home. Plus as it's key to Disney+ I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of bonus to get it done on time, if even working from home.

I guess it all depends if they need any reshoots. Even there there should be a month or so to sneak some in even if this lasts until say July or early August.

Well Star Trek Discovery season 3 was fully filmed and most of the effects done but they've said they had to halt that (it was due for release in the next few months). That's a pretty close show for comparison and that networks flagship show so...

Seems like Disney would want this to be on the most secure server they have and i doubt doing work from home would very secure at all.

Someones kid posting a cool scene to facebook while their soon to be fired parent takes a nap lol

The relentless onslaughts from the Mandalorian from last year until now is quite tiresome. Need to see some OT and PT figures for a change...

Curious to know what u think needs to be put out. Never collected SW before but seems like there are several Reys (I own the first one); variations of Luke and Leia; enough Stormtroopers that Popcultcha had 'em on sale; variants of Solo, Rogue One, and so on.

Seems like the SW 1/6 collector easily could drop $20,000, depending.

Re the Mandalorian we haven't even gotten Kuill, Greef, Moff, or Cara Dune yet. Or some cool diorama backgrounds or pieces like the Razor Crest cockpit.

By June, beg pathetically for a 15 second teaser?:cool: D*mn I was looking forward to some cool Mando SDCC reveals. More important problems right now, I know. But it's good to have something to look forward to re media, with so much that really has been derailed in the middle of filming.

Seems like Disney would want this to be on the most secure server they have and i doubt doing work from home would very secure at all.
Someones kid posting a cool scene to facebook while their soon to be fired parent takes a nap lol

Given the NDAs that employees have to sign and the fact that Disney would happily sue people into oblivion I'm not sure they're too worried about people working at home.

Given the NDAs that employees have to sign and the fact that Disney would happily sue people into oblivion I'm not sure they're too worried about people working at home.

Not intentionally leak anything but we all know how very unsecure home computers no matter how hard you try to keep them secure from the outside world. Actually any computer system as we all have had our info stolen from leaks from airlines, stores, medical, insurance companies, etc.

Working on CAD is one thing, but don't they have massive computers for rendering scenes? I doubt people will be bringing full size equipment home over a laptop.

Well Star Trek Discovery season 3 was fully filmed and most of the effects done but they've said they had to halt that (it was due for release in the next few months). That's a pretty close show for comparison and that networks flagship show so...

Yeah they said the only thing remaining was the score, which you can't really fake without having a bunch of people together in the same room. I imagine it'll be the same for Mandalorian as well.

Curious to know what u think needs to be put out. Never collected SW before but seems like there are several Reys (I own the first one); variations of Luke and Leia; enough Stormtroopers that Popcultcha had 'em on sale; variants of Solo, Rogue One, and so on.

Seems like the SW 1/6 collector easily could drop $20,000, depending.

Re the Mandalorian we haven't even gotten Kuill, Greef, Moff, or Cara Dune yet. Or some cool diorama backgrounds or pieces like the Razor Crest cockpit.

By June, beg pathetically for a 15 second teaser?:cool: D*mn I was looking forward to some cool Mando SDCC reveals. More important problems right now, I know. But it's good to have something to look forward to re media, with so much that really has been derailed in the middle of filming.

Couldnt care less about ST stuffs, there are still many potentially phenomenal stuffs from both OT & PT.

Couldnt care less about ST stuffs, there are still many potentially phenomenal stuffs from both OT & PT.

Yeah, so I'll probably have to talk myself out of Qui-Gonn, just 'coz I think he's cool$$$$$. Debating on Mythos Obi-wan which isn't film but like the idea of his life on Tattoine.

But can't see HT churning out a lot from older films when there's new characters with current hype to boost sales. I bet Ahkosa is already in planning.

Plus variants maybe for Mando.

Yeah, so I'll probably have to talk myself out of Qui-Gonn, just 'coz I think he's cool$$$$$. Debating on Mythos Obi-wan which isn't film but like the idea of his life on Tattoine.

But can't see HT churning out a lot from older films when there's new characters with current hype to boost sales. I bet Ahkosa is already in planning.

Plus variants maybe for Mando.

Mythos would be cool, but that was "Mythos" before the Obi-Wan series (or is it now back to a movie ??) was a thing.

So I think I'd wait on the "real" Ewan version from Hot Toys.

Mythos would be cool, but that was "Mythos" before the Obi-Wan series (or is it now back to a movie ??) was a thing.

So I think I'd wait on the "real" Ewan version from Hot Toys.

Thank you! Very good point for someone who has to pick and choose what to put ur RPs on. Sometimes I'll get a figure 'coz I like the fig; but really trying for a more focused approach. Since I only had a few SW before, it could get overwhelming fast. I'd really like a "desert" Obi-Wan that's Ewan - used to idly wonder what his life was like after dropping Luke off. But if I got the Mythos version, like some other collector I'd be chasing an Ewan sculpt too $$$.

Just checked and since Disney hired a new writer https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/obi-wan-kenobi-tv-series-finds-new-writer-1288210 guess some kind of series is a go.

On the other hand - LOL - the Mythos Obi-Wan has a pretty nice set of accessories. HT can be kinda skimpy. Might be worth having both (SSC and HT) for such an iconic character.:panic: Then I might as well get Qui-Gonn too and a Yoda$$$$$.:lol

Thanks to all the delays tho at least there's time to think about the long-term shelf display.:frank

It’s odd that Hot Toys didn’t release this figure first from the show The Mandalorian.
Instead the release the paint splattered Remnant Stormtrooper first.
Good call,well done.

It’s odd that Hot Toys didn’t release this figure first from the show The Mandalorian.
Instead the release the paint splattered Remnant Stormtrooper first.
Good call,well done.

With everything going on with Covid it was obviously easier for them to get a figure that is essentially a repaint of a figure that has already been in production out. My guess is a lot of figures are going to be delayed, so they are trying to get out what they can.

They are most likely doing what they can, under the situation, and I can't blame them.

Just PO'd this guy and IG-11, not risking missing out on them and have pretty much every other Mando figure on PO too.

Back