1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always have orders from Sideshow sent by FedEx to the UK, since FedEx don't charge me any fee to collect the VAT and duty.

Delivery is down for Monday which seems pretty quick.

However, FedEx almost always calculate the tax on the retail cost, ignoring any reward point discounts, so I always expect to have to fight them for a refund. By law you only have to pay tax on the shipping cost and the actual price paid for the item. Just another reason why I dislike ordering form Sideshow, and would only use them as a last resort. In this case I hadn't decided to order the figure until after my usual haunts had sold out, plus I had a load of Reward Points to get rid of.

FedEx were the main reason I stopped ordering at Sideshow.

I was charged ?80 for a figure I had previously bought and only paid ?30.

Customer services (relocated to India) said that I had got it wrong and were not interested in sorting it out.

I threatened legal action but got no where.

They always overestimate and overcharge as do border force.

I have no objection to tax if it's applied fairly.

Hong Kong sellers were for me not only cheaper but much less hassle.

Unfortunately with Brexit the dark side clouds everything, impossible to see the future is.

Customer services (relocated to India) said that I had got it wrong and were not interested in sorting it out.

Unfortunately with Brexit the dark side clouds everything, impossible to see the future is.

Yes, I'm sure FedEx try it on and pocket the difference when they get away with it. Sideshow provide them with invoices that clearly show the amount actually paid, but they choose to only see the retail price. It's happened so frequently I don't believe it's by accident.

In every case bar one they've given me a refund. That one time I just gave up after they stopped responding, and since then I've only ordered from Sideshow twice. They overcharged on my last delivery and finally conceded they were wrong and sent a refund a month later.

The Mandalorian will probably be the last.

Since Covid Hong Kong feels further away than it used to, so I began looking at local prices.

And with Brexit Sterling is up and down like a yo-yo, so it's harder to estimate what the final costs for figures will be.

FedEx are awful, I was overcharged on customs (like ?60 when it should have been half that) and they wanted an extra ?50 to amend the invoice? Like get out. That was the last straw for me.

Mine shipped as well. I?ve had a big mandalorian shaped hole on my shelf for too long:panic:

Yeah but the bad thing for me about this fig is that the details I appreciate - stitching, colors, weathering, removeable cartridges, pulse rifle, materials, poseability, etc - are so good:clap now am looking hard at Heavy Gunner $$$$$$.

He was on my list but budget:(. Thought I would wait a bit. Now I think I should get him too. And am keeping my second PO for this Mando.:cool:
In hand it's like have a film still photo in 3D or something.

Amazing figure....

20201017_135344.jpg
20201017_141516.jpg

Fedex does not overcharge here, but requests unnecessary paperwork. Unnecessary, because DHL does not ask. I let SSC know that I specifically demand DHL.

Looks like sideshow is filling their wholesale US retail orders first I got him today at Midtown comics in Manhattan.

I was thinking I’d hold out for the silver armor as it seems more official but I kind of prefer this less
Polished vagabond scrappy armor version. The design feels very Star Wars to me.

Love the show and character best thing to happen to star wars since The OT. No need to go deep on this there’s just too many figures to buy but to me Mando/baby yoda and IG are a must seeing this guy today no way I could pass on him so both versions of Mando are most welcome in my collection.

After messing around with it I conclude that I still love it.

My only nits are that he really could use relaxed hands and that his pants are too baggy.

Now of course the other issue is hot toys and it’s insistence of using stupid fat suits on its Star Wars characters. So aside from not being able to move like at all he suffered from being too bulky and making his head look to small etc.

So I simply ripped the stupid thing off and infinitely better all around and now he can pose in any way you want (too lazy to take posing pics sorry)

446C6DB9-A725-4ACF-852B-0127D3B3564E.jpeg35479F18-1AF7-41DB-83E7-2C1269AFC8CB.jpegD15C323B-AA4D-4E4A-A329-FF8D6DF51858.jpeg

That looks great!
How easy is it to remove the fat suit? Do you have to break any stitches to get to it? Mine should arrive in a couple of days and I might attempt the same...

I agree on the relaxed hands. Even the v2 figure doesn?t have any. Hopefully HT sees the light and adds some before release. Unlikely I know, but it would be nice.

Although I have absolutely no issues with the stock proportions of the figure that looks amazing, Raymond. I agree about the relaxed hands too. It’s the only flaw in this release IMHO.

Although I have absolutely no issues with the stock proportions of the figure that looks amazing, Raymond. I agree about the relaxed hands too. It’s the only flaw in this release IMHO.

Wait...so it comes with 2 trigger hands, 2 fists and that's it? Very Hasbro style. Relaxed hands are critical for natural poses. That's really unfortunate.

Now I'm confused, Sideshow lists this with:

Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:

One (1) pair of fists
One (1) pair of relaxed hands
One (1) pair of hands for holding weapons

Wait...so it comes with 2 trigger hands, 2 fists and that's it? Very Hasbro style. Relaxed hands are critical for natural poses. That's really unfortunate.

I’d call them grasping hands more than relaxed but he does have the six hands. The left hand in my pic is what the description considers “relaxed”.

D9998173-900F-4DDE-A358-1DF76BA854D6.jpeg

I’d call them grasping hands more than relaxed but he does have the six hands. The left hand in my pic is what the description considers “relaxed”.

[...]

Thanks, yeah -- not exactly 'relaxed' ... more for gripping or cradling that rifle. Not a disaster but still pretty lame.

Thanks, yeah -- not exactly 'relaxed' ... more for gripping or cradling that rifle. Not a disaster but still pretty lame.

Exactly. More of a head scratcher and definitely not a deal breaker. A typical relaxed hand set should always be included with figures though.

Maybe with fingers outstretched in a relaxed position there was just too much yellow ?

It is a pretty strong colour for those inner gloves.

Man I love this figure. I drove out an hr & a half to a comic store to acquire him. Now to cancel my sideshow order. Got tired of waiting for whatever my batch is..

Back