1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

Pre-ordered...I've got a space to display it...just underneath my projector screen, but it's just a bit too tall & it might block part of the screen. So thanks to Geil I checked Ikea & they have a HEMNES coffee table thats a few inches shorter (Length: 46 1/2-Width: 29 1/2-Height: 18 1/8) & also has a lower shelf for my center speaker that will work perfectly. Spawn figures will have to find a new home though.

mancavefrontview.jpg
hemnes-coffee-table__0104030_PE250678_S4.JPG

Just curious.... This thing is cool and all but where the heck are most of you planning on displaying it? Its like 19in wide and like 29in long which would almost require its own table

Primarily why I'm not biting. It's sheer mass and awesomeness would render the other figures in my collection completely subordinate by comparison. This figure is not a sleek, elegant artwork that you can admire from the corner of your eye as you wonder down the hallway for a night time tinkle. It is an unapologetic brute of a thing that nothing short of a Hummer H1 Alpha in the garage can usurp as the ultimate display of scrotal superiority. If you need to ask where the hell you'd put it, your balls just aren't hairy enough.

Just curious.... This thing is cool and all but where the heck are most of you planning on displaying it? Its like 19in wide and like 29in long which would almost require its own table

Mine is going on the ceiling with the 89 car so I can look at them when I recline the lazy boy. Loadsa room on the ceiling and it keeps the kids off them :yess:

nice table but ikea dosnt sell it anymore :(

This is something I never thought they would re-release, I will probably order it now though as a lot of people are and its big $$$ in hot toys pockets.

I think the problem is even for us that don't flip, we like knowing the value of our figures is more than we payed just incase we need to sell them at some point.

By them re-releasing this figure it does mean everything is possible, makes we think that any figure that goes over say $350-$400 in value, we should sell and just wait to buy the new release :rotfl

Figures I have that I am thinking of selling now: Godfather, Wolverine, Blade, Dutch...

Hot Toys needs to realize that the reason their figures became so popular was the secondary market, which they are now destroying. This can be good and bad, might mean they have to drop their prices in the future when the flippers leave the hobby, and its good for those of us that didn't buy the original release, but bad for those who thought they were buying a limited edition figure (which is totally meaningless unless its a numbered edition like sideshow does!).

You make some good points here.....:goodpost:

I'm going to try and find someone that does cheap custom display cases for mine, the last thing you want is this of all items having a lack of dust protection ;)

It is quite the dust magnet. Gave mine a going over last night.

I keep mine on top of my Norden cabinet, which I purchased from Ikea.

Hot+Toys+Collection+Update+July+2011+002.JPG

Where ever I put this monster it will have to function on many levels...tasteful so the wife doesn't complain of the size and safe from the clutches of my son who will want to crawl inside! Haha

With the sheer cost and size of this thing, the only way i'd coniser getting is if there is nothing else i want at the time and i had somehwere to really show it off.

I don't see either happening.

I wonder how much SSC will collect in NRD's when some guys realise they have nowhere to display it

With the sheer cost and size of this thing, the only way i'd coniser getting is if there is nothing else i want at the time and i had somehwere to really show it off.

I don't see either happening.

I wonder how much SSC will collect in NRD's when some guys realise they have nowhere to display it

That's why I'm not getting it, I really want the 89 Batmobile & even still I'm not 100% sure if I'll get that because I just don't know where I'll put it but if your got the room & money this will be an amazing piece to have. I was so close to buying this today but I know it'll end up boxed away in my cupboard. I will be envious of the ones how will get this though.

That's why I'm not getting it, I really want the 89 Batmobile & even still I'm not 100% sure if I'll get that because I just don't know where I'll put it but if your got the room & money this will be an amazing piece to have. I was so close to buying this today but I know it'll end up boxed away in my cupboard. I will be envious of the ones how will get this though.

You can always get it now and store it until you have the space for it. Of course that goes against the point of owning it....but it's gonna sell out eventually. Then when you have the space for it you won't have one and you might be kicking yourself.

It's not an easy decision, but something to think about. Just how bad do you want to own it?

Geil's Tumbler display best in world, nuff said.

Fat lol cat is lol.

I will never complain of 15 degrees again in lower NY.

Gimme my Tumbler.

Actually that's figurefreaks coffee table. He is the one who came up with the idea but just never gotten around to creating a thread. Mine has the millenium falcon in it as it was even bigger and harder to find a place for :p

Last edited:
nice table but ikea dosnt sell it anymore :(

Yeah only way to get this is in the used market but it's cheap too!! I had to take a few attempts before I was happy as a lot of the glass tops are scratched up and you can't have too much of those if this is to work

I noticed Toys2 has this for order but for some reason they aren't putting it front page. You have to search for it.

He probably never dealt w reissues either lol
Was too lazy to delete and create a new entry

Back