1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

The only place for it is a coffee table or shelves if you happen to have them really strong and really deep.

So many salty tears.

Where? I've been going back page after page (20 posts per page) and only saw like one or two small posts.

Is this thing heavy? Do you guys think they'll add anything to this like maybe modify the tumbler to allow inserting the Batpod into it like how it bolts out in TDK?

:lol

Anyone in The UK wanting the tumbler its gone on pre-order at whysoseriousonline for £384.99 with free next day shipping,
You only have to put down £50 deposit & the balance can be paid in full when its in stock or 3 monthly instalments of £111.66 i would imagine 3 months before its due in stock. Very cool deal as its not taking all funds in one go so more figures can be bought in the meantime :yess:

Nice name for a shop.

I have nowhere to display this but I don't care buy now think later :)

:exactly: when you think you miss out like the last time this was released!

i know im such a big girl. i always panic buy coz ya never know how quick things go out of stock or are disscontinued.

Decided on a place for mine now....I'm just gonna stick a piece of wood on top and call it the coffee table!!!

time to roll out the old as it just became new ;)

This is what you start up with
granas.jpg

This model of coffee table is unfortunately already discontinued in Canada. They still have the dining table which is similar and could be modified for an even bigger display case... (I picked up the table from the as is section for cheap already :D but usually its $300 incl 4 chairs) Well keep an eye for used as I found them being offered on craigslist quite often though many of them the glass top tend to be scratched up :(
So Figurefreak started lowering the magazine shelf which is as simple as cutting 4 measured cutouts into the legs with a dremel or similar tool
Added some kind of metal sheet on top of the shelf and closed up the sides with acrylic panels and finished if with a set of Ikea Dioder LED strip lights and VOILA... what a beauty!
displayn.jpg

I started mine but have yet to finish my MDF cover and acrylic sides. I am using HomeDepot insulation foam tape to close up most of the gaps to make it dustproof
mf6m.jpg

Credit to FigureFreaks

More Granas owners:
DarthMagnus Star Wars Granas https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3702868&postcount=52

Thanks Geil! :hi5:

dscf2484copy.jpg

dscf2500copy.jpg

:wave

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91065

and yeah its still not ____ing big enough to display both batmobiles :horror

and yeah its still not ____ing big enough to display both batmobiles :horror

Time to go back to the drawing board Geil. Make it so.

Time to go back to the drawing board Geil. Make it so.

I dunno man ..... maybe two of these side by side :horror
but seriously I am thinking of going back to my old setup and just have both flank my wall mounted TV but I got so much more crap now so the difficult part is hide everything in the cabinets and then going back into case making again.........:thud:

livingtdk.jpg

something along this line is likely my only choice but it certainly would look kickass if I manage to cleanup. My coffee table is not open for debate as my MF won't fit anywhere else :(
As for making cases I likely get back into it in spring when temp climb back up and I won't die working in the garage.. have a few orders for tumbler cases already lined up too :p

IF I had the space I would seriously consider two coffee tables ;) get bat pod and the "Bat" in as well and maybe even the classic Batwing :horror but yeah gotto slide over the custom sofa big time to get around the table will be good exercise :rotfl

livingtdk.jpg

something along this line is likely my only choice but it certainly would look kickass if I manage to cleanup. My coffee table is not open for debate as my MF won't fit anywhere else :(
As for making cases I likely get back into it in spring when temp climb back up and I won't die working in the garage.. have a few orders for tumbler cases already lined up too :p

IF I had the space I would seriously consider two coffee tables ;) get bat pod and the "Bat" in as well and maybe even the classic Batwing :horror but yeah gotto slide over the custom sofa big time to get around the table will be good exercise :rotfl

That's Canadian winters for you :lol

Back