The case for Sgt. Slaughter and other lesser known Joes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny because as a kid I thought both the cartoon and Sgt. Slaughter were kind of lame compared to the stories I envisioned for the Joes while playing with the figures (I never read the comics until after I got rid of all my GI Joe toys in a garage sale the summer before I started junior high). The laser guns, nobody dying, Slaughter, "yo joe", etc. Just lame.

Without the comics my friends and I just had the file cards and our own imaginations. I don't think we even knew that Snake Eyes wasn't supposed to talk. I always had him talk with a gravelly voice along the lines of Boba Fett's original voice in ESB.

Anyway when we discovered the cartoon we watched it because it was GI Joe but there was a lot we made fun of. Slaughter was kind of annoying because out of the blue they just make this cheezy real life guy "Super Joe" who overshadowed all of our favorite characters. But now its all part of that 80's charm, in all its ridiculousness, because for better or for worse in spite of its own cheeziness we were still entertained.

Slaughter's cool enough now, but the peach filecard years are still where its at.

I hear ya, but if you just go by the filecard anyway, Sgt. Slaughter is just the Joe team's bad-ass instructor, so what's the big deal?

Just ignore the cartoon or the fact that he's a real guy (and a wrestler), and I don't see the problem people have with him.

I hear ya, but if you just go by the filecard anyway, Sgt. Slaughter is just the Joe team's bad-ass instructor, so what's the big deal?

Just ignore the cartoon or the fact that he's a real guy (and a wrestler), and I don't see the problem people have with him.

The problem is that Sideshow's line is already moving at a hungover snail's pace, the figures cost $100+ a piece and some people want Sideshow to waste a slot with Sgt. Slaughter? Umm... NO.

I hope Sideshow makes Stalker I like him.

Torpedo before Wetsuit!!!

Both were bad a$$es. Stalker would be great, and I hope SS decides to make it in his arctic tundra gear. I'd like a Torpedo figure, but maybe not in his wet suit but in regular Navy Seal assault gear. According to G.I. Joe comic canon, Torpedo was one of the Joe team's best fighters. In Issue #50 where the Joe Team invaded Springfield, Torpedo was a member of the Assault Team, which consisted of the baddest Joes. If I remember correctly, other members included Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Stalker, and Beachhead.

Man, I'm gonna have to dig out my old Joe comics and re-read them again.

Last edited:
Stalker would be great, and I hope SS decides to make it in his arctic tundra gear.

:nono

Stalker.gif

:lecture :D

does stalker technically wear "tigerstripe" camo? I have a ton of Vietnam era 21st Century Tigerstripe I need to use in customs.

Stalker, is one of the best and more iconic Joe..and a Bad ass...Of course he wont be in the Joe movie...:duh

I saw Sgt. Slaughter at SDCC a year or two ago. He was at the Hasbro booth (near the Joes of course) signing things. So I'm a little surprised we haven't seen a 25th anniversary 3 3/4" from him. Is that because WWF/E has his likenesses or what?

Either way, I'd be fine with a Slaughter. There are lots of other guys I'd like to see before him, but he would at least be better than getting any figures from the live action movie.

Stalker was the Joe I was hoping SSC would do second, sorry Duke. I just think he'd go great with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. If I remember correctly he's actually one of Hamma's favorite characters. He'd make for a kick ass figure! Seems the Tundra version would be too hard of a kitbash, just a white jacket and green mud covered pants.

Ok I think the same thing would happen as did with the CCC people said it was crap and gave it hell but it did sell out. I would bet everything no matter what joe/cobra comes out it will sell

Slaughter is every bit of a Joe as a lot of the other guys!!

We'll never see him though. This line scares the hell out out me. :(

Back