The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say it was pretty rich hearing Boba complain in this episode about their former bosses all being clueless and incompetent, when that's all he's been for the last 4 episodes! In fact so far Jabba is looking like the far more cunning and intelligent one.
This whole situation is so blatantly bizarre it almost makes you wonder if it isn't just a massive troll.

I mean RR goes on record to say that they have so much freedom with telling Fett's story "as long as we don't make him a buffoon" and then proceed to make him the BIGGEST buffoon in possibly the history of Star Wars??? How can it not be a joke?

And then lines like the one you mentioned where he is specifically calling out how much smarter he is than all the crime lords that lived large for decades and decades before him while showing week after week that all it takes to outsmart him is nothing more than leaving the room and...locking the door.

The Boba Fett theme makes a lot of sense now. :unsure:

HEY! -HEY! DUMB dumb-dumb-dumb -dumb -dumb- dumb -dumb -DUMB - DUMB!
jim-halpert-computer.gif

I don't understand why Boba thought his armor was still inside the sarlacc? He knows he escaped, crawled out with it on, then got knocked out... does it not occur to him that it was stolen? Is he not familiar with Jawas? Didn't the Tuskens explain to him how they found him surrounded by Jawa tracks?

Instead, he searches that massive beast's gullet with a flashlight, then crawls back inside to search himself. :slap

I don't understand why Boba thought his armor was still inside the sarlacc? He knows he escaped, crawled out with it on, then got knocked out... does it not occur to him that it was stolen? Is he not familiar with Jawas? Didn't the Tuskens explain to him how they found him surrounded by Jawa tracks?

Instead, he searches that massive beast's gullet with a flashlight, then crawls back inside to search himself. :slap
Complete stupidity from the writers on that one - not all Boba's fault. :lol

With Filoni cowriting 6, we can guess that's when we'll see Mandalorians, so that will be a cool episode, but 7 is directed by RR, so it'll probably be garbage, so who knows.
Filoni on his own hasn't impressed me as a writer.
I don't see Favreau making Fett a blundering doofus piloting the ship he's had for years, it just seems like an odd approach to story telling for this character. I don't wear tinfoil, am not outraged by any of this, nor will I cancel or meltdown. These boards are great because of the broad perspectives and passion that some bring to the discussions.

If it is just Favreau phoning it in then shame on him.
Don't think Favreau is phoning it in; but I still go back to a great script/character arc is friggin' hard work. When Mando became a success and announcements of new shows started - made me uneasy😨. It's hard enough to pull off an unplanned sequel to a film (e.g., you don't really plan for a sequel, but then the audience wants more).

Obviously Favreau was gonna be involved in the Boba series and what others?

And for myself; I never needed Grogu. Think Din D'jarin is an interesting enough character - any character who has to rethink their existence and entire code of living IMO is interesting. Will he become a reluctant leader/king? Walk off into the sunset? Will new characters be introduced that I actually care about? And at this point, tho I was never thrilled about the fast-tracking of Grogu - so OK, what is that relationship going to look like?

That's enough work to deal with, script wise/development wise. So here's Boba Fett - character needs to be written different enough from Din D'jarin, sure. IMO that shouldn't have been a problem. But apparently it IS, and besides that the main collaborator has some questionable input/editing skills.

Keeping thinking what someone commented about RDJ once, tho I don't wholly agree; since IMO Marvel often did a good job with actor lines. The comment was that a lot of time what RDJ says wasn't that interesting, but in the hands of a charismatic actor, it's riveting. Morrison on the other hand can act, but - there's something off here🐰. Actually episode 4 was the first time I felt Morrison was really involved with the whole thing, as opposed to ticking off boxes about how he should behave in the scene.

I just think Favreau is spread too thin; and letting his hand off the wheel for his collaborators doesn't necessarily work. And the show is predictable yeah, yeah, building to some big end fight with the motley crew of candy riders:poop::sick: and the big wookie and probably Rasta Tusken zzzzzzz:computer. It's hard to care. Except when is Marshall gonna show up?:gun

I just want to know when we are going to see the book.

Also, why do they keep showing that clip of Boba watch Jango fly away on the Slave-1? I thought he always took him with him. Does that mean Boba had a brother lol?

Since I can only assume that Fett will be riding the baby Rancor into battle while wearing nothing but a diaper (perhaps he and the Rancor will have matching diapers?) maybe Cobb will take the opportunity to don the armor one more time. :yess:

:rotfl
Can't not see it...

even has the jetpack... :monkey3

It's like they were so focused on getting to that cool image of the Sarlaac grabbing Slave 1 that they didn't care how massively stupid they had to make Boba look in the process.

I don't understand why Boba thought his armor was still inside the sarlacc? He knows he escaped, crawled out with it on, then got knocked out... ?

Does he? After all of the pain and trauma he dealt with while in there, perhaps we're being led to believe that he escaped on pure instinct and determination, having no memory of the actual escape. He barely reacts to the Jawas taking the armor from him, so I'm guessing he doesn't recall a lot of how he got out of the Sarlaac.

Back