The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any of you seen Gentle Giant's preview photo for their new BOBF statue?

Good lord you'd think it was called "The Rise of 8D8"...

Fett_Throne_Statue_preview.jpg

:slap

Okay - I think I’ve wrapped my head around this. It seems like there are now two versions of the character, and it makes sense why many people are upset at the portrayal in the show. For people like me, whose fandom stems from on-screen Star Wars, Boba Fett is basically a minor character who has daddy issues and a goofy “death” scene. He only started to become cool for me when he appeared in the Mandalorian. So the stakes are pretty low in my mind. On the other hand, for people who are steeped in the EU and comics, they have a much more fleshed out idea of the character as an infinitely badass, ruthless bounty hunter who takes no prisoners and has few weaknesses (let’s call him Bro-ba Fett). For these fans, the stakes are quite high, and it’s pretty evident that Bro-ba Fett isn’t being portrayed in the show. It seems like Favreau is instead giving us goofy Boba who accidentally got knocked into the Sarlacc pit.

The problem for me is that after the first 4 episodes, I’m not sure whether Boba is worthy to be the focus of a show. I’m not even sure if Bro-ba Fett would make a good protagonist. The storytelling is messy, and the pacing is all over the place. I think it’s because they don’t really know what they want out of this character. But like I said, the stakes are low for me. So I still manage to enjoy it. If anything, we’re getting introduced to some cool new characters, and the added world building of Tatooine is fun. My condolences to the Bro-ba Fett fans.
Boba might have gotten a lame death in ROTJ, but he was certainly not presented as any kind of bumbling goof leading up to that. I think what we're seeing now is just a very misguided attempt to lighten up the character and make him seem more charming and relatable for some reason.

And Cobb Vanth!

Can you imagine Din just hovering the Razor Crest halfway in the Krayt's cave to see if it's awake!?? Or grabbing one of Mechanic Lady's Pit Droids and shouting "I'm Din Djarin!" :lol

I mean what the hell was that? Seriously! :lol

Was Boba genuinely trying to scare that droid? Why? Was he trying to be funny? Was it humour for Fennic's benefit? Hey wanna see if I can make this droid (s)oil itself?

Weird thing to do, weird thing to write into the script.

I'm not a big fan of what Lucas did with the Special Editions but at least that little bit between Fett and Jabba's Dancers showed that he was a red blooded male with a pulse. This new Fett when approached by an attractive and available female:

giphy.gif

Kinda funny how many Danny DeVito comparisons and references we're mining from this show :lol

I mean what the hell was that? Seriously! :lol

Was Boba genuinely trying to scare that droid? Why? Was he trying to be funny? Was it humour for Fennic's benefit? Hey wanna see if I can make this droid (s)oil itself?

Weird thing to do, weird thing to write into the script.
:lol
I found it funny to be honest. :lol There lies the problem though - this is meant to be Boba Fett. :slap :acme

I'm curious about episode 4. Episode 2 wasn't too bad. Episode 2 also mostly made episode 1 redundant. I wonder if there's some weird system here where every other episode is decent, and every other is an episode to satisfy Disney. Kind of like serving two masters. If you love the whole Disney thing, then you can watch episodes 1,3,5,7. If you liked SW just the way it was, then watch episodes 2,4,6.

I know I'm getting desperate.

I haven't seen 4 yet. Is my desperate prediction coming true?

Oh please, this is just Favreau phoning in some fun cartoonish scenes, references and ideas (all SW fair game) , and directors making the best of cranking it out , in a quick artificial volume setting.

Watching the usual conspiracy tinfoilers and drama qweens threatening to cancel, outraged and meltdown here, is half the fun. :lol
I don't see Favreau making Fett a blundering doofus piloting the ship he's had for years, it just seems like an odd approach to story telling for this character. I don't wear tinfoil, am not outraged by any of this, nor will I cancel or meltdown. These boards are great because of the broad perspectives and passion that some bring to the discussions.

If it is just Favreau phoning it in then shame on him.

How long was this planned for Boba to become crime lord and start his own house? I seem to recall his symbol on a banner hanging outside the Cantina in Force Awakens.

Back