The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think that's bad, whenever I see Cad Bane I remember that guy who hunted Kermit The Frog
64mwhl.gif

..... Of all the WTF moments in this thread, this had got to be one of the WTF-est. LMAO and I mean that literally. I am sitting here laughing so much I gave myself hiccups over this

Spider-Man could never make a list like that for me. I must be quite a bit older then you.
I don't think *that much* so -- I'm 48. I chose Spider-Man because it remains something I can revisit, albeit not often -- and because it's a comic I've outgrown but loved since I was a kid. As much as I adore the art direction in Burton's Batman films they don't stand up well as whole films for me, so Raimi's Spidey is the progenitor (that honour really belongs to 1978's Superman but the film doesn't resonate with me as much) for those portions of the MCU I enjoyed so much decades later.

Mostly it just underscores that you can't go back. Disney may produce good content by accident from time to time, but they've figured out how to maximize their ROI. This garbage is made for Crying Star Wars Guy and young children.

You just can't go back.

1980 - The Empire Strikes Back
1981 - Raiders of the Lost Ark
1982 - Conan the Barbarian
1986 - Aliens
1999 - The Matrix
2001- The Fellowship of the Ring
2002 - Spider-Man

... films that showed me something new, transported me to new worlds, that overcame their flaws with a great deal of heart.

The weakest entry there is The Matrix, which is only there for the spectacle and style rather than substance, but it's there nonetheless. Conan is not as well-made as the others but it's a perfect pulp film.

Many films have since come and gone, some good, some great, but a TON of forgettable junk food that has now devolved further into straight Pablum.

I'm referring here to genre films -- geeky stuff. My Magnificent Seven up there I'd consider progenitors. Chosen for many reasons but mainly for still being re-watchable in their entirety, for me.
Spider-Man would never make a list like that for me. I must be a bit older then you.

Because KONG in Star Warz!!!!

Wouldn't that be fun and interesting?
The Rancor was the best part IMO. It makes sense since so much of Star Wars is influenced by older movies and Serials.

IMO it was really the only thing in this sow that felt like Star Wars.

I’m just happy that the white city girl and black freetown girl got their heroic moment together up on the roof top it showed such unity of representation that’s what matters to me in SW forget narrative logic where the main character’s motivations didn’t make a lick of sense as long as those 2 females where celebrated I consider this show a big win.

This must be a Lucasfilm mandate now. Every series finale must have one of these gaudy scenes to make sure the "message" is delivered.

Spider-Man would never make a list like that for me. I must be a bit older then you.

The Rancor was the best part IMO. It makes sense since so much of Star Wars is influenced by older movies and Serials.

IMO it was really the only thing in this sow that felt like Star Wars.
Yeah the Rancor worked because to defeat the droidekas shield it needed a non energy pounding strong enough to alter the shield frequency so that Mando could squeeze thru it at least visually it needed that lol

Honestly their battle was better than Godzilla vs Kong vs MG for me anyways.

I don't think *that much* so -- I'm 48. I chose Spider-Man because it remains something I can revisit, albeit not often -- and because it's a comic I've outgrown but loved since I was a kid. As much as I adore the art direction in Burton's Batman films they don't stand up well as whole films for me, so Raimi's Spidey is the progenitor (that honour really belongs to 1978's Superman but the film doesn't resonate with me as much) for those portions of the MCU I enjoyed so much decades later.
Well we are not that different in Age. 50 here. I was just surprised to see a list I would pretty much 100% agree with accept for that Spidey one. I just assumed you must have been closer to late 30's to early 40's and had a love for the animated series or something.

I liked Spider-Man Ok when it came out but too much of it felt a bit like it was biting off more then it could choose (even then) and that Goblin costume... Yikes.

May I add

1975 - JAWS
1977 - Star Wars

and I would swap
1979 - ALIEN for 1986 Aliens :)

Yeah the Rancor worked because to defeat the droidekas shield it needed a non energy pounding strong enough to alter the shield frequency so that Mando could squeeze thru it at least visually it needed that lol

Honestly their battle was better than Godzilla vs Kong vs MG for me anyways.
Jye just stop! STOP I SAY!!!

KvG is great!! Best film of 2001.

And I mean that :lol

Ive watched it 5 times now. I never get sick of it :lol

But I thought the Rancor looked and moved great.

Show sucks though.

Cad Bane is as dead as Cobb Vanth-thhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Or just about any character in Star Wars-land.

QUICK -- Best Death of a Villain is all of Star Wars?

And the Worst?

We might wake up to bring back Rian Johnson trending lol
Freaking TLJ is a masterpiece compared to this series.

Give me grumpy Luke any day over "special needs" Boba.

By the way. I just noticed the Boba Fett theme at the end of the show actually says... Boba, boba, boba, FETT in the theme. Thats like Robo Cop 2 levels of musical score stupidity.

**** this show.

Cad Bane is as dead as Cobb Vanth-thhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Or just about any character in Star Wars-land.

QUICK -- Best Death of a Villain is all of Star Wars?

And the Worst?
That's a hard one.

Ummmmmm.. Jango had a good death and stayed Dead.

I keep trying to come up with worst but they bring the characters back (Fett / Maul)

How about The Emperor in TROS. I liked the film but that death was weak.

Back