The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's completly pointless and irrelevant to even include that conversation in the first place without showing that flashback CW era duel scene. Ruindriguez is dumb.

The straights wouldnt even know what such a throwback scene was in reference to, though.

Bane got treated like Maul got treated: as a throwaway device to advance the plot, whether he was someone who could be used in the future or not.

Still amusing to get lectured about one's own bloodthirstiness by some bounty hunter who's been murdering his way across the galaxy for decades, though. STFU Cad Bane, aint nobody taking no moral dressing-down by the likes of you.

Another thing that annoyed me was Din and Grogu’s reunion carried no emotional weight, and makes the Mando Season 2 finale seem hollow knowing they’re only going to be apart for two episodes. They should have spent Mando season 3 on separate stories, then be reunited after a seasons worth of build up.

Yes. The reunion should have taken place in season 3, maybe by the end.

RR should be banned from Star Wars permanently. His directing of the Boba episode from Mando season 2 was obviously a fluke or totally guided by Favreau who, by the way, must've taken a long vacation while this dumpster fire was being written, acted, directed, edited, VX'ed and produced... Ugh.

silly

Attachments

• E91F0916-1FD4-46C9-89B8-307479361806.jpeg
    E91F0916-1FD4-46C9-89B8-307479361806.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 17
I think that was the plan. It's obvious that episode 5 and parts of 6 were filmed for S3. Somewhere along the line they panicked and decided to throw them into the Boba series.

I actually think all these shows are going to be intended to cross-pollinate - that way they make it so that fans HAVE to watch everything, to keep abreast of what's going on in the series they actually care about. I dont think they panicked; I think the whole thing was planned.

I actually think all these shows are going to be intended to cross-pollinate - that way they make it so that fans HAVE to watch everything, to keep abreast of what's going on in the series they actually care about. I dont think they panicked; I think the whole thing was planned.
I'm not so sure. They might have planned to have Mando show up for the final fight however that might have been it.

I understand the want to link the series together however can you really see them writing Mando out of two episodes of S3 - never going to happen. Fett sucked and they knew it.

No, I totally understand the writing credit, what I don't understand is the crazy difference between the BoBF episodes and the Mando episodes. It just doesn't make sense. When I say that JF must've taken a long vacation, that's not a literal comment. Whether it's Favreau swinging and missing on an idea, heavy handedness from execs, directing, acting or a combination, they just didn't execute on this show well at all. By the way, I've been a RR fan for quite sometime but I just think there's some sort of combo here that just didn't work...

I'm not really a fan of the dent in Boba's helmet coming from Cad Bane's gun. At least, not now. We see how many shots from blasters Beskar can take without even a scratch. Cad would have to be launching battleship-level ordinance at Fett in order to dent his helmet.

Quite amusing Rodriguez gets blamed for Johnny Fav’s terrible writing.
I can't tell if Favreau gave RR to little to work with and was just like make any s#Ix up to fill space.
Or to much? And RR was like really? It says here Mods are going to be giving Boba Fett orders? Are you sure you want that? He's on the back of a rickshaw? When he has a jet pack? Are you sure? Luke to you is so thoughtless he has R2 drop off Grogu to someone neither have met? You wrote that?

The telling denominator is none RR eps still had things like Fett unable to pilot his own ship, sinking it into the Sarlaac, chasing and menacingly strangling a Robo-Bunny, etc. :lol

Last edited:
Just finished watching the finale and while there's a lot to be said about it, not a lot of it is good.

I think I'll just leave it at damn, Rodriguez is a crap director. Most, if not all, action sequences were mediocre, pacing was off, editing was pretty bad, acting was uninspired...
I actually believe that a talented director could have made something more compelling of this very flawed script, and clearly Rodriguez isn't it.

What a wasted opportunity.

I think either TM's acting limitations and/or his desire to have Boba speak less was problematic too. Fennec always was the one displaying true leadership qualities (analyzing their situation, laying out strategy, convincing Boba to not fight Cad Bane on his terms, etc.), to the point where Boba seemed to be her underling, not vice-versa. I mean, Ming-Na Wen's expository speeches weren't exactly spellbinding, so I can only imagine how poorly TM must have delivered them for Favreau/RR to decide she was the better choice. :slap

Back