The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joke's on Disney.

I watched every single episode, and I currently have every episode of Mandalorian on my hard drive in stunning HD.....and I didn't pay a damn cent for any of it.......and I never will!!!

You hear me Disney?? I'll never pay a ******* cent....not ever!!!!

fall-weather.gif
How many Disney Hot Toys do you own? :monkey3

Confirmation that Luke is a ****. :chase:ohbfrank:
Nah, they just ran out of the Deepfake budget 'coz they spent it on other effects. Anyway we all know it was plot service 'coz now Luke and Grogu are cosmically connected now or some &^*% . Sort of like Tweeting to each other inside their heads. Just like Obi-Wan and Yoda would pop in and out. One thing about SW folks having visions is a thing.
Either that or Luke really is a dick.
:monkey3:pfft:

Nah, they just ran out of the Deepfake budget 'coz they spent it on other effects. Anyway we all know it was plot service 'coz now Luke and Grogu are cosmically connected now or some &^*% . Sort of like Tweeting to each other inside their heads. Just like Obi-Wan and Yoda would pop in and out. One thing about SW folks having visions is a thing.
The truth probably lies somewhere in between. Limited budget and Luke does display dick behaviour. :monkey1 :lol

How many Disney Hot Toys do you own? :monkey3

Thankfully I don't do Hot Toys.

I am guilty of paying for SW Black Series and SHF figures since the Mouse took over, but that's the only money of mine that has gone to Disney for anything SW related and it's almost all OT stuff anyway.

Last SW movie I paid money for was The Force Awakens, and after about 45 minutes I was like

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

and I knew I was never paying for another SW movie in the cinema unless it's a re-release of the restored original trilogy.

And I've stuck to that. My friend ambushed me with a ticket to see Rogue One though, so I did see that one, but I didn't pay for it. And I also slept through a lot of the middle of it.

The answer is really as simple as they didn't have the budget for it.

Then there's also the problem that they had with Luke in the sequels; he's simply too powerful. If he shows up right before a big fight, he could basically win it single-handedly. They couldn't have him there for budgetary AND story reasons. Although they picked a hell of a time to apply "logic" to their story.

I don't think him sticking Grogu in an auto-piloted X-Wing is the worst thing. He obviously has some way to communicate with Grogu, even if it's non-verbal. It's probably how Grogu knew where to go on Tattooine...he remembered Amy Sedaris and somehow conveyed that to Luke, and Luke told R2 to go fly there. Also, apparently all the starships are monitored by the New Republic, hence Mando being so insistent on getting pre-Empire ships, so someone somewhere was tracking R2's flight the whole time.

Grogu and R2 were never in any danger, and Luke wasn't a dick for not wanting to go all the way back to Tattooine.

I always laugh at the name of the planet he's on though....the one Ahsoka was on.....Takodana or something? There's a famous part of Tokyo on the west side called Takadanobaba...is that supposed to be some kind of reference?

I love the Mando/Grogu stuff, I think they've created something emotionally powerful there - I will say though I'm surprised they've reunited them this soon. I thought there'd maybe be a season (or even two) of Mando going solo.
Yeah, and IMO as brilliant (and expensive) as Grogu is in RL, IMO they upped the ante with his expressions. Think the 2 million dollar hero puppet is probably worth 5 million now.

TBH even tho I think Transformers was better written, for me it's like watching a mashup of Scooby Do/Transformers/Fast & Furious/Expendables guilty pleasure trash. At least it wasn't boring. Horrific cheese but at least we know where the budget went.

Mostly it's not so much a gutwrenching, tension filled narrative as a bunch of screen shots strung together that will make great wallpaper. And there were some good moments/lines; whenever Morrison remembered to act :lol . Mindboggling in its stupidity but it does put pieces in place for Mando Season 3.:bunnydanc

Another thing that annoyed me was Din and Grogu’s reunion carried no emotional weight, and makes the Mando Season 2 finale seem hollow knowing they’re only going to be apart for two episodes. They should have spent Mando season 3 on separate stories, then be reunited after a seasons worth of build up.
It carried some emotional weight, I can't seem to help myself, I welled up again. However I do agree this was far too soon and does undermine the finale of Mando Season 2 when you now know he's basically sending Grogu to nothing more than a Summer camp before getting him back.

Not to mention that none of this should have been going on in the Boba Fett show in the first place.

The truth probably lies somewhere in between. Limited budget and Luke does display dick behaviour. :monkey1 :lol
I'm guessing they'll have Luke compromise on the "no attachments" ultimatum he gave Grogu. There's too much fan interest in seeing more of Luke, plus from a storytelling standpoint it makes no sense to leave him untrained given the abilities he's shown. Besides, I'm sure there will be other Moff Gideon types tasked with finding/acquiring Grogu, so he still needs to be protected until he can take care of himself. But in the meantime, something tells me he'll be useful when Din meets up with the Mythosaur on Mandalore. His calming/controlling the Rancor was obvious foreshadowing.

I like Cad Bane and had no plans to watch TBOBF until a friend of mine said he was in it, now I come here and see he was basically a cameo and died like a *****? **** that ****.

The answer is really as simple as they didn't have the budget for it.

Then there's also the problem that they had with Luke in the sequels; he's simply too powerful. If he shows up right before a big fight, he could basically win it single-handedly. They couldn't have him there for budgetary AND story reasons. Although they picked a hell of a time to apply "logic" to their story.

I don't think him sticking Grogu in an auto-piloted X-Wing is the worst thing. He obviously has some way to communicate with Grogu, even if it's non-verbal. It's probably how Grogu knew where to go on Tattooine...he remembered Amy Sedaris and somehow conveyed that to Luke, and Luke told R2 to go fly there. Also, apparently all the starships are monitored by the New Republic, hence Mando being so insistent on getting pre-Empire ships, so someone somewhere was tracking R2's flight the whole time.

Grogu and R2 were never in any danger, and Luke wasn't a dick for not wanting to go all the way back to Tattooine.

I always laugh at the name of the planet he's on though....the one Ahsoka was on.....Takodana or something? There's a famous part of Tokyo on the west side called Takadanobaba...is that supposed to be some kind of reference?
And, if you've watched CW/Rebels and SW, R2 is pretty competent. Plus Grogu took to the droid early on.
It made me a bit queasy but think they need to save Luke for the big Mandalore dust-up down the road.:r2d2line

Back