The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AB5840BB-4E51-4E4B-8807-4C173F0DFF82.jpeg

I liked the finale - there were more positives than negatives imo. Krrsantan kicked ass and the Rancor in full Rampage mode was cool. Fett and Mando using their Jetpacks and taking out Pykes was great.
Luke having Artoo take Grogu back to Tatooine was about as bad as leaving cab money on the nightstand for a girl the morning after a date. I think Luke is the real villain in this series. :lol
I'm glad that the rumored cameos were false - especially Han Solo, which would have been way too forced.
I can see myself possibly skimming though parts of the first four episodes occasionally, but he last three episodes are definitely worthy of multiple viewings.

Forget acting and pacing forget all that we can’t even get past the logic of events it was an absolute abortion.

I’m not kidding the ST is a masterpiece compared to this atrocity.
Do not use this dumpster fire to prop up the ST. They shall both be erased from the Jedi temple archives. The ST was far worse because it came first and on a grander stage. At least we already had Boba being awesome in some of Mando. The ST was the first time we saw any of the OT characters again and it was not a good experience

I can' tell if Favreau gave RR to little to work with and was just like make any s#Ix up to fill space.
Or to much? And RR was like really? It says here Mods are going to be giving Boba Fett orders? Are you sure you want that? He's on the back of a gondola? When he has a jet pack? Are you sure? Luke to you is so thoughtless he has R2 drop off Grogu to someone neither have met? You wrote that?

The telling denominator is none RR eps still had things like Fett unable to pilot his own ship, sinking it into the Sarlaac, chasing and menacingly strangling a Robo-Bunny, etc. :lol

You can’t tell that Favy wrote a poor story? His fingerprints are over this series a lot more than RR or DF.

Put blame/credit where it is due. The story is the foundation of everything else and this was Jon’s doing.

Damn! You guys make it hard to catch up! Like 10 pages worth in 9 hours lol!

I was thinking man, I should sign up for the finale, they have got to have it loaded. I didn't know that Favreau was loaded when he wrote this trash! Thankfully I learned all I need to throw YT clips/other means instead of giving D+ my money for this trash!

Where was Qi'ra? Rex? Echo? Bossk? Han? All those rumors failed miserably, but Bane dying was correct. Odd how that one was nailed with Black Chrysler but the others were a huge swing and a miss.

I guess you can forget those ESB Bounty Hunter Hot Toys. Howard seemed at the ready at the go to make them in talking about this upcoming show. Not even a one, but we get the clown car gang. You even had Trandoshans made for this show for an easy reuse of Bossk! Please no Season 2!

What looks out of place here?
And now we have to wait two months for the next SW series after MoonKnight

You want another SW show after this trash?

Cad Bane was so awesome! Can't wait to annnnd he's gone. :lol

Not only is Cad Bane dead, but he also died monologuing. You'd think someone as experience as him would know better. As Tuco said in the Good Bad and the Ugly, "If you're going to shoot, shoot, don't talk." :LOL:

I said this was going to happen. SW is known for offing well liked villains like Maul/Jango/Fett in live action. What a joke to not capitalize on the most appealing villain of this series!
I actually think all these shows are going to be intended to cross-pollinate - that way they make it so that fans HAVE to watch everything, to keep abreast of what's going on in the series they actually care about. I dont think they panicked; I think the whole thing was planned.
I agree. They are trying the Marvel route. Too bad they epicly failed at just delivering a good product in the first place. Plus I don't think most are going to go back and watch an animated series. How is that Maul appearance in Solo working out?
No, I totally understand the writing credit, what I don't understand is the crazy difference between the BoBF episodes and the Mando episodes. It just doesn't make sense. When I say that JF must've taken a long vacation, that's not a literal comment. Whether it's Favreau swinging and missing on an idea, heavy handedness from execs, directing, acting or a combination, they just didn't execute on this show well at all. By the way, I've been a RR fan for quite sometime but I just think there's some sort of combo here that just didn't work...
There is so much fail here that many are to blame. Writer first, then the bad direction to have the pieces to edit it all together. I'm sure there are more creatives adding their 2 cents. I have to start with Favreau as the entire plot of this series was bad from the beginning. Can't believe he gave us this when Mando is so well done.

So much time spent with the moped gang, Khev is going to be very happy. I predict that he will like the finale in the same way that he likes and accepts TROS … which some consider to be unnatural.

I need to learn that phrase that Bane says to Boba which is the Star Wars equivalent of the pot calling the kettle black

I’m not kidding the ST is a masterpiece compared to this atrocity.

I want you to think carefully about what you're saying here, because despite this series' flaws, of which there are admittedly many, we at least did not have to look at Rose Tico nor hear her running her trap about saving what we love ad nauseum.

Nor did we have to look at stuff like galactic horses galloping on the outside of a Star Destroyer.

Finn did not scream "REYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!," not even once.

So we have these few gifts, and for that at least I am grateful. lol

I want you to think carefully about what you're saying here, because despite this series' flaws, of which there are admittedly many, we at least did not have to look at Rose Tico nor hear her running her trap about saving what we love ad nauseum.

Nor did we have to look at stuff like galactic horses galloping on the outside of a Star Destroyer.

Finn did not scream "REYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!," not even once.

So we have these few gifts, and for that at least I am grateful. lol
This is the way

I had a feeling the Solo rumor was BS, because it started to circulate as bad reviews started coming in. Disney leaked the Solo rumor so fans would watch every episode. We fall for every trick.

Oh nooooo, the fans are more than stupid enough to come up with such flim-flammery all by themselves. They just inadvertently served Disney's purposes by doing so.

Keep in mind that many fans are younger and they tend to be not too bright. The more stupid the rumor the more plausible, in their minds.

I had a feeling the Solo rumor was BS, because it started to circulate as bad reviews started coming in. Disney leaked the Solo rumor so fans would watch every episode. We fall for every trick.
Joke's on Disney.

I watched every single episode, and I currently have every episode of Mandalorian on my hard drive in stunning HD.....and I didn't pay a damn cent for any of it.......and I never will!!!

You hear me Disney?? I'll never pay a ******** cent....not ever!!!!

fall-weather.gif

I am truly speechless at just how awful this was there are no words to properly describe the level of inconsistent logic that was on display.

Truly awful.

Thank god the biker girl was the brains of the operation.
Yeah, I still can't believe that was the actual finale. Unreal.

I now have no idea what the point of this show was. Boba the crime lord... wipes out the crime, then ends the series making it clear that he doesn't want to be a leader. Fennec's response is something like, "who else is gonna do it?" Seriously!? That's it? That's the motivation going forward?

So, is Boba the mayor now? Or is Cobb Vanth being set up to take over? I guess the better question is: who cares?

The previous two episodes rushed Din and Grogu back together for *this*!? And Grogu is already putting every other Jedi to shame. He's still drinking from a sippy cup but has so much more command of the Force than ROTJ Luke that he made Luke's struggle with the Rancor seem absolutely unnecessary. And remember how virgin-birth, Chosen One, 10-years-of-Jedi-training Anakin struggled to tame a beast? The baby just strolls out there and puts a rampaging *Rancor* to sleep. Um... okay. :huh

Instead of confirming that Boba Fett used to be a ruthless badass, they basically used Cad Bane's dialogue to suggest that Jango was the true badass and Boba was conflicted before turning soft? Is that right? I need to eventually re-watch that scene because I've gotta be misremembering it.

I can't believe they had the most talked-about moment ("the choice") of the show as a setup and did probably the worst job with it that I can even imagine. A crap payoff. That pretty much sums up the whole show: all setup, crap payoff.

What a kick to the balls after last week. :slap I need some of your meds, jye.

I now have no idea what the point of this show was. Boba the crime lord... wipes out the crime, then ends the series making it clear that he doesn't want to be a leader. Fennec's response is something like, "who else is gonna do it?" Seriously!? That's it? That's the motivation going forward?

So, is Boba the mayor now? Or is Cobb Vanth being set up to take over? I guess the better question is: who cares?

The previous two episodes rushed Din and Grogu back together for *this*!? And Grogu is already putting every other Jedi to shame. He's still drinking from a sippy cup but has so much more command of the Force than ROTJ Luke that he made Luke's struggle with the Rancor seem absolutely unnecessary. And remember how virgin-birth, Chosen One, 10-years-of-Jedi-training Anakin struggled to tame a beast? The baby just strolls out there and puts a rampaging *Rancor* to sleep. Um... okay. :huh

Instead of confirming that Boba Fett used to be a ruthless badass, they basically used Cad Bane's dialogue to suggest that Jango was the true badass and Boba was conflicted before turning soft? Is that right? I need to eventually re-watch that scene because I've gotta be misremembering it.

I can't believe they had the most talked-about moment ("the choice") of the show as a setup and did probably the worst job with it that I can even imagine. A crap payoff. That pretty much sums up the whole show: all setup, crap payoff.

What a kick to the balls after last week. :slap I need some of your meds, jye.
:lecture I may be wrong but I believe that Grogu was sorted into Hufflepuff house at Jedi Hogwarts which is why he is so good with animals.

He is no longer a crime lord. Crime lords dont care what the populace wants. Fett is now mayor, he will probably appoint a figurehead to do the lesser work later.

Grogu is a beast. Calling it now. He's going to be right up there with Yoda. Notice he seems more self-aware and more forthright in his actions. He's matured a bit.

Jango WAS a true badass. LOL at Bane for standing there yapping instead of shooting. That got him killed.

Once Mando and Grogu are out the system nuke Mos Pelgo from orbit please.

I can’t lie, I did enjoy Grogu demanding Mando push the “go fast” button.
You know Rodriguez wasn't responsible for that. He couldn't be. Unless it was some sort of moment of lucidity at the last. It was too actual fun and adorable.

Back