The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I just watched it.

First allow me to inject some much needed negativity to these here pages so as to stay in keeping with the majority of the thread - I did think some of the dialogue was a bit generic and some of the transitioning between Grogu training scenes was a bit stilted and inorganic. Here's a scene with Luke training Grogu to meditate on the force. And here's a scene where Luke is training Grogu to jump. And here's a scene with Luke training Grogu to dodge the Remote. And here's a scene with Luke running with Grogu on his back. And here's a scene with.. maybe you get the picture. I dunno, I feel like these scenes needed something to flow better - more humour? Some non-training downtime with Luke not being a teacher the whole time? Have some R2 distractions going on? Some suggestion of time passing? Night-time scenes? Not sure exactly. Or maybe it all just seemed weird because this show is called The Book of Boba Fett .

I think the interaction between Luke and Asoka was....restrained? It very much leaves you wanting more - obviously this isn't their first meeting but here's the thing - I really want to see their first meeting. I imagine Luke would have serious questions and I desperately want to know what answers she gave him.

My biggest positive from this episode is how the Mando/Grogu bond continues to bring the feels - Mando seeing Grogu's shape on the hill and then Grogu seeing the ship flying off, probably sensing who it was - I choked, I made an actual croaking sound :lol

But my god the deepfaking was amazing. Even if it's not 100% it's good enough now. We need to see Han and Leia from this time period. My biggest concern with that though is it will most likely, unavoidably, reference forward to the dreaded ST if they have a single male child called Ben. Sigh.

Yes he does, and we're angry about almost every aspect of this bull****.
Morrison deserved better; Boba Fett deserved better. Hope tho that Boba makes plenty of appearances in Mando Season 3 - even is a major participant in the battle for Mandalore.

Favreau's gotta know by now Rodriguez' "uplifting" approach to the character didn't go over so well. :pfft:

Grogu's vision of the 501st clones at the Jedi Temple - cool, but it felt just thrown in. Did Luke have access to this memory? We don't know. It just goes to another scene.

OK, I just watched it.

First allow me to inject some much needed negativity to these here pages so as to stay in keeping with the majority of the thread - I did think some of the dialogue was a bit generic and some of the transitioning between Grogu training scenes was a bit stilted and inorganic. Here's a scene with Luke training Grogu to meditate on the force. And here's a scene where Luke is training Grogu to jump. And here's a scene with Luke training Grogu to dodge the Remote. And here's a scene with Luke running with Grogu on his back. And here's a scene with.. maybe you get the picture. I dunno, I feel like these scenes needed something to flow better - more humour? Some non-training downtime with Luke not being a teacher the whole time? Have some R2 distractions goinhion? Some suggestion of time passing? Night-time scenes? Not sure exactly. Or maybe it all just seemed weird because this show is called The Book of Boba Fett .

I think the interaction between Luke and Asoka was....restrained? It very much leaves you wanting more - obviously this isn't their first meeting but here's the thing - I really want to see their first meeting. I imagine Luke would have serious questions and I desperately want to know what answers she gave him.

My biggest positive from this episode is how the Mando/Grogu bond continues to bring the feels - Mando seeing Grogu's shape on the hill and then Grogu seeing the ship flying off, probably sensing who it was - I choked, I made an actual croaking sound :lol

But my god the deepfaking was amazing. Even if it's not 100% it's good enough now. We need to see Han and Leia from this time period. My biggest concern with that though is it will most likely, unavoidably, reference forward to the dreaded ST if they have a single male child called Ben. Sigh.
I don‘t see a problem with Luke teaching step by step. This is showcasing how Luke has continued to grow in his Jedi skills and mastered what Yoda taught him. Also, I think because Grogu can’t speak yet, kind of inhibits how Luke ommunicates with Grogu. If Grogu could talk like Yoda , then I’m sure the training would be more advanced

Grogu's vision of the 501st clones at the Jedi Temple - cool, but it felt just thrown in. Did Luke have access to this memory? We don't know. It just goes to another scene.
I’m thinking maybe they might save it for Asoka or even the kenobi series, you never know

OK, I just watched it.

First allow me to inject some much needed negativity to these here pages so as to stay in keeping with the majority of the thread - I did think some of the dialogue was a bit generic and some of the transitioning between Grogu training scenes was a bit stilted and inorganic. Here's a scene with Luke training Grogu to meditate on the force. And here's a scene where Luke is training Grogu to jump. And here's a scene with Luke training Grogu to dodge the Remote. And here's a scene with Luke running with Grogu on his back. And here's a scene with.. maybe you get the picture. I dunno, I feel like these scenes needed something to flow better - more humour? Some non-training downtime with Luke not being a teacher the whole time? Have some R2 distractions going on? Some suggestion of time passing? Night-time scenes? Not sure exactly. Or maybe it all just seemed weird because this show is called The Book of Boba Fett .

Yeah. Also it bothered me that from Mando finale, I sort of had the impression Luke, emotionally scarred and more mature, was rather commanding. Here he's asking Ahsoka for reassurance.

I'm just putting it down as Filoni-ism:google; the Mando episodes under his watch also come off to me as disjointed but with some good stuff too, and of course great aesthetics. The bench building was funny. Agree about the scene with Mando flying off. :cry:

At this point I'm just beat down whenever Filoni is gonna be in charge:acme. If he's on his own, it probably won't suck, have some corniness and unevenness; the actors won't be at their best; but there will be some good stuff too. Also expect as many SW characters as possible to get stuffed into any given episode, especially Ahsoka.

But at least Filoni has real luv for the material; not too sure Rodriguez does.

He wont be ALLOWED to choose both.
Yeah, but that makes no sense either. Having a light saber doesn't make you a Jedi. Having Mandalorian armor doesn't make you a Mandalorian. Except sometimes, apparently. :google

And so a golden opportunity for Mando to talk to these Jedi about the mysterious Darksaber is just bypassed too.:computer:banghead

And as an aside, it kinda bugged me they didn't just hand Grogu his present. I mean, if someone unwrapped my present I'd be *&^%. Rude.

Last edited:
Yeah, but that makes no sense either. Having a light saber doesn't make you a Jedi. Having Mandalorian armor doesn't make you a Mandalorian. Except sometimes, apparently. :google

He will not be allowed to choose both, because Luke wants to break his attachment to Mando. This will not work, however. Grogu is already attached to Mando, he has been since day 1.

Have said it before and will say it again: the Jedi ain't too bright when it comes to this stuff. They already have Anakin's fall under their belts, let's corrupt Grogu while we're at it. Since that turned out so well & all.

Oh well, a Mandalorian Jedi is not a bad thing. We could use another Bardan Jusik.

Yeah. Also it bothered me that from Mando finale, I sort of had the impression Luke, emotionally scarred and more mature, was rather commanding. Here he's asking Ahsoka for reassurance.

I'm just putting it down as Filoni-ism:google; the Mando episodes under his watch also come off to me as disjointed but with some good stuff too, and of course great aesthetics. The bench building was funny. Agree about the scene with Mando flying off. :cry:

At this point I'm just beat down henever Filoni is gonna be in charge:acme. If he's on his own, it probably won't suck, have some corniness and unevenness; the actors won't be at their be st; but there will be some good stuff too. Also expect as many SW characters as possible to get stuffed into any given episode, especially Ahsoka.

But at least Filoni has real luv for the material; not too sure Rodriguez does.
Filoni is doing too much IMO. He’s losing his drive trying to please the fans rather than create continuity with SW lore.

Back