The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220202_190856.jpg

He will not be allowed to choose both, because Luke wants to break his attachment to Mando. This will not work, however. Grogu is already attached to Mando, he has been since day 1.

Have said it before and will say it again: the Jedi ain't too bright when it comes to this stuff. They already have Anakin's fall under their belts, let's corrupt Grogu while we're at it. Since that turned out so well & all.

Oh well, a Mandalorian Jedi is not a bad thing. We could use another Bardan Jusik.
Yes but at this point in time Luke IS the Jedi, so he can (hopefully) reflect on the strength he drew from his own friendships while a fledgling Jedi and realize that rather than hinder his training they gave it purpose. I think ultimately he'll recognize that giving Grogu an ultimatum (his family or being a Jedi) is the wrong call, but only time (& Favreau/Filoni) will tell.

Filoni is doing too much IMO. He’s losing his drive trying to please the fans rather than create continuity with SW lore.
Sort of like reliving the glory days of SW I guess...to me it feels like he can't let go and move on. Did like Rebels tho.

Not to sound all negative; again tho for me, was more excited about the prospect of something truly new in the world of SW; when the Mandalorian kicked off. Interwoven with some nostalgia.

Suppose that HAS happened; and supposedly Mando Season 3 is gonna get back to the basics, whatever that means.

I thought it was kind of d*ck move on Luke's part for opening Mando's gift for Grogu. :lol
Yep. IMO it wasn't Ahsoka's or Luke's business. :pfft:

Enjoyed Grogu destroying the training ball droid tho. Reminded me of his daddy shooting the medical torture droid Season 1, Episode 3. Or what I think of as Leia's Revenge:D

Sort of like reliving the glory days of SW I guess...to me it feels like he can't let go and move on. Did like Rebels tho.

Not to sound all negative; again tho for me, was more excited about the prospect of something truly new in the world of SW; when the Mandalorian kicked off. Interwoven with some nostalgia.

Suppose that HAS happened; and supposedly Mando Season 3 is gonna get back to the basics, whatever that means.
:exactly: CW is a foundation..but Mandalorian proves not everything needs to be revolved around it. I’m ready to move on. I hope with the Kenobi and Asohka series they leave it behind as well

Yes but at this point in time Luke IS the Jedi, so he can (hopefully) reflect on the strength he drew from his own friendships while a fledgling Jedi and realize that rather than hinder his training they gave it purpose. I think ultimately he'll recognize that giving Grogu an ultimatum (his family or being a Jedi) is the wrong call, but only time (& Favreau/Filoni) will tell.

That would be nice, meanwhile I will not bet one US dollar that its going to happen.

That would be nice, meanwhile I will not bet one US dollar that its going to happen.
Fine by me if Grogu heads back to his daddy; 'coz only a Sith deals in absolutes etc.
Anyway it neatly solves the problem of Grogu not being in the temple when Kylo goes on a rampage.:lightsabe

Why would Luke exile himself to the same island that he trained the Jedi on? They'd know where he was this whole time.
AchingRichAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif

He did train the Jedi on Ahch-To and JJ and Johnson are idiots!

OK, I just watched it.

First allow me to inject some much needed negativity to these here pages so as to stay in keeping with the majority of the thread - I did think some of the dialogue was a bit generic and some of the transitioning between Grogu training scenes was a bit stilted and inorganic. Here's a scene with Luke training Grogu to meditate on the force. And here's a scene where Luke is training Grogu to jump. And here's a scene with Luke training Grogu to dodge the Remote. And here's a scene with Luke running with Grogu on his back. And here's a scene with.. maybe you get the picture. I dunno, I feel like these scenes needed something to flow better - more humour? Some non-training downtime with Luke not being a teacher the whole time? Have some R2 distractions going on? Some suggestion of time passing? Night-time scenes? Not sure exactly. Or maybe it all just seemed weird because this show is called The Book of Boba Fett .

I think the interaction between Luke and Asoka was....restrained? It very much leaves you wanting more - obviously this isn't their first meeting but here's the thing - I really want to see their first meeting. I imagine Luke would have serious questions and I desperately want to know what answers she gave him.

My biggest positive from this episode is how the Mando/Grogu bond continues to bring the feels - Mando seeing Grogu's shape on the hill and then Grogu seeing the ship flying off, probably sensing who it was - I choked, I made an actual croaking sound :lol

But my god the deepfaking was amazing. Even if it's not 100% it's good enough now. We need to see Han and Leia from this time period. My biggest concern with that though is it will most likely, unavoidably, reference forward to the dreaded ST if they have a single male child called Ben. Sigh.
I totally agree that the narrative flow and the dialogue were amateurish, but the episode still accomplished the one thing that episodic television needs most: building the momentum and getting people excited to watch the next installment. This one not only built hype for the season finale, it also set the stage for much more going forward.

But if Ben Solo and ST elements are going to ruin your enjoyment, I think you might want to stop watching right now. I say that with all sincerity of caution because I see it now as highly likely that a bridge to the ST is being built here. Luke gave Grogu a choice between continued attachment/family and a higher selfless calling. I don't think the contrast with Ben Solo's eventual choice and circumstances is merely coincidental.

My guess is that Luke would gladly watch Grogu choose family (Din) instead of the Jedi life, and might end up doing exactly that. Luke understands the demands and sacrifices of a Jedi path, and that no student should continue down that road if their heart is conflicted. That's going to be why Luke was so hard on himself and despondent after Ben Solo became Kylo Ren. He says as much in TLJ when telling Rey about his hubris and believing he could succeed where his mentors failed. He likely blames himself for keeping Ben with him and not acknowledging how much it would potentially mess with Ben to feel neglected by his parents and bitter toward Luke for playing a role in that.

And I know that this is technically a Boba Fett show, and people are upset that he's getting upstaged, but the story of Din and Grogu (along with Luke's role in that) will probably be a big factor in Boba Fett's future as well. I think that's why we're getting these episodes which seem like either The Mandalorian Season 3 or Luke's Jedi Academy Season 1 in BoBF. The relevance of Din/Grogu/Luke to Boba Fett's ultimate destiny is going to be clear at some point, and they're building the foundation for it (appropriately) in Boba's show.

The goal is one big interconnected and harmonized saga. OT, PT, TCW, Bad Batch, Rebels, Mando, Ahsoka, ST... a bunch of branches on the same tree. And I think a major EU story (Heir to the Empire, if not the entire original Thrawn Trilogy) is going to be re-imagined to honor that "Legends" part of the saga as well.

I can't wait for Khev and jye to give their take on this episode! :panic:I just hope neither one of them were waiting only for something from Boba Fett. :lol

Morrison deserved better; Boba Fett deserved better. Hope tho that Boba makes plenty of appearances in Mando Season 3 - even is a major participant in the battle for Mandalore.

Favreau's gotta know by now Rodriguez' "uplifting" approach to the character didn't go over so well. :pfft:
No more making vegetarian pizzas together

Back