The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I always do self-checkout, lol.

View attachment 548818
What you should do when the cashier says that:
9a2.png

I know I'm basing my opinion on toys.....and unreleased prototypes no less....but something just feels "off" to me about the "Book" version. They changed the colors again, the helmet seems bigger and the collar/scarf seems smaller.

If I'd never seen the Mando version I'd probably be ******** my pants about the Book costume right now. And I'm sure normies don't even see the differences. I just like the full skirt and I don't like the red on the booties.

Boba-Fett-01-.jpg

Maybe it's cause I'm such a Boba Fett mark. He's been one of my favorites since I was a little kid and then in the early 90s, during the SW "Dark Years" I got absolutely obsessed, especially cause there was simply SO LITTLE media and merch of him at the time.

When he stepped off the SLAVE ONE in Mandalorian S2 Episode 7 I'm not even joking, I actually gasped at how cool he looked after cleaning up his armor.

I think that's why I loved Seasons 1 and 2 of Mando so much, despite it essentially being "The Fall Guy" in outer space: it had genuine moments of actual SURPRISE.

1. Luke Skywalker arrives and kicks ass in the finale
2. Mando's target turns out to be an adorable little baby yoda (pilot)
3. Boba has cleaned up his armor and he's about to KIIICCCK ASSS....or rather, get his ass kicked by one hot wrestling lady (S2e7)
4: Boba Fett returns looking like Billy Corgan.....not bad.....pretty cool. Then he puts his armor on and I almost wet myself. (S2e6)

I don't care what happens in this dystopian future of Disney SW...I'll forever cherish those four moments.

Last edited:
I know I'm basing my opinion on toys.....and unreleased prototypes no less....but something just feels "off" to me about the "Book" version. They changed the colors again, the helmet seems bigger and the collar/scarf seems smaller.

If I'd never seen the Mando version I'd probably be ******** my pants about the Book costume right now. And I'm sure normies don't even see the differences. I just like the full skirt and I don't like the red on the booties.

View attachment 548921

Maybe it's cause I'm such a Boba Fett mark. He's been one of my favorites since I was a little kid and then in the early 90s, during the SW "Dark Years" I got absolutely obsessed, especially cause there was simply SO LITTLE media and merch of him at the time.

When he stepped off the SLAVE ONE in Mandalorian S2 Episode 7 I'm not even joking, I actually gasped at how cool he looked after cleaning up his armor.

I think that's why I loved Seasons 1 and 2 of Mando so much, despite it essentially being "The Fall Guy" in outer space: it had genuine moments of actual SURPRISE.

1. Luke Skywalker arrives and kicks ass in the finale
2. Mando's target turns out to be an adorable little baby yoda (pilot)
3. Boba has cleaned up his armor and he's about to KIIICCCK ASSS....or rather, get his ass kicked by one hot wrestling lady (S2e7)
4: Boba Fett returns looking like Billy Corgan.....not bad.....pretty cool. Then he puts his armor on and I almost wet myself. (S2e6)

I don't care what happens in this dystopian future of SW happens...I'll forever cherish those four moments.

Echoing your sentiments about Fett strolling off Slave 1 on cleaned up. Just wow. Also, "The Fall Guy" was darn good television. It brought us one of the two best Heathers of all time (Thomas and Locklear). Mmmmmmm.

In a few weeks I’m going to know if the very cool looking repainted armor is even worth owning because as much as I like his new look and as much as I love Mando season one and two Kara is right when he said that right now Bubba Fett really is just a glorified taxi driver.

I just hope he is using Fennec and then leaves her in a Sarlaac’s belly to rot.

I just can’t take her character seriously.
She is an asset. Well trained assassin with elite rifle skills. The true Fett would know that she is expendable at any time. I do have a hard time imagining Fett wanting to run some criminal organization. I guess age affects his bounty hunting skills and he needs to find a new method for profit.

She is an asset. Well trained assassin with elite rifle skills. The true Fett would know that she is expendable at any time. I do have a hard time imagining Fett wanting to run some criminal organization. I guess age affects his bounty hunting skills and he needs to find a new method for profit.

In the long history of the Mafia I think Carlo Gambino is the only boss who didn't end up whacked or locked up.

The optimist in me wonders if this show will introduce GL's original concept for the ST with Fett and Fennec filling in for Maul and Talon.

The cynic in me assumes this is just Filoni's excuse to introduce criminals from the Clone Wars like Hondo, Cad Bane, and so on. Or maybe we'll get both.

Obviously if Fett really does turn out to be a benevolent "crime lord" who rules with respect and honor then I can toss out any possibility of the first idea happening.

I'm sticking to my ROTJ Fett. The lighter colored flight suit just looks better with green. I feel like the black is just to hide Bubba Fatt.

I was very skeptical than any new modern Fett costume upgrade would be accepted so it was a pleasant surprise to be blown away by his repainted upgrade absolutely jaw dropping gorgeous!

Back