The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be like turning the Titanic around.
austin-powers-stuck.gif

Mando season 3 delayed is maybe due to Pedro Pascal's schedule? He's one seriously busy actor these days.

At this point, I kinda feel like Book of Boba Fett was a mistake; its not bad by any stretch, but its just 'ok.' If you are going to do a Fett show, it should be more epic than 'ok'

And making him into this honorable character was ok at first, but I feel like that's part of the problem = he's less interesting now. Keep him edgy.

I know this is a one-done season. And I'm ok with that.

Art lies in the execution. I'm critical of aspects of The Mandalorian and find it uneven, but overall it succeeds as a short series, and they were able to depict Din's character as complex and 3-dimensional while retaining his competence and ability to project menace. This is a balanced and decently written character, whether I agree with the details is irrelevant only in the sense that it's nitpicking and personal taste.

I support the intention to make Boba Fett a complex, 3-dimensional character, and even to portray him as somewhat reformed and sympathetic. He need not be a one-note killing machine.

What we got was something else, detailed at great length by myself and many others across at least 3 different threads.
Fully agree. :wacky

Yes it's strange that in 42 years they've never been able to match let alone improve on Bossk's original look. I think the Trandoshans on this show are practical masks with crappy CGI eyes?
I am not sure.....but lord. If those are mask and the CGi eyes are that bad, damn!

I enjoyed on varying degrees each episode so far and understand everyone's nit picks and complaints so far , I have many of the same. I view episode 4 as make or break time . We have seen in flash backs what has gotten him to this point and now it is time to see how he handles things going forward when push comes to shove and hopefully the pay off is seeing the bad a$$ Boba we have all been waiting for finally come to play.

So, I think there are 2 ways that this can be salvaged. To explain the "new" Boba Fett...

1. The Sarlacc has caused him brain damage. Either through lack of oxygen or the toxic fumes he breathed while in its tummy. And he is slowly regressing in mental capacity. Thus why he was a bad ass in Mando, but is slowly becoming a dullard and moron.

2. Fennec is actually using him. She saved HIM somehow, and he is actually her puppet. Since he his known and feared throughout the galaxy. Meanwhile we find out that she is actually the true new Daimo.

This will all be revealed in the finale when he "Rides" his new baby Rancor in the epic final showdown......

horse-crash.gif

giphy (1).gif

Next week I will sit down in front of the tv not anticipating delight, but with my teeth gritted.

Overall I will keep the parts of this that do not offend my sensibilities, and I will relegate the rest to the dungeons of my unconscious mind, where they will only resurface as the occasional nightmare.

I dont blame Morrison or Wen for any of this. They did what they could. Morrison even -told- the producers that he was talking too much. Filoni and Favreau, I do blame them and I blame them A LOT.

I dont know who this is. This most certainly isn't the Fett I knew. Where is the guy who wordlessly blew Fortuna's head off with an EE-3? THAT was the guy with the chutzpah to not rule with respect, but to get out a bullwhip and get this whole city in line. We wont be seeing that.

I no longer have expectations, and I'm sad.

Ok hear me out for second here just humor me ok.

Does Fett sending some kids to do his dirty work make him actually way more savage than maybe we’re giving him credit for?
He's such a pimp. I love how right as the black Wookiee gets dropped into the Rancor pit TM comes walking out, all dry and lotioned up tying his bathrobe. Like he was all just casually getting ready and then decided to see if the women and children were done fighting his battles for him, lol.

Next week I will sit down in front of the tv not anticipating delight, but with my teeth gritted.

Overall I will keep the parts of this that do not offend my sensibilities, and I will relegate the rest to the dungeons of my unconscious mind, where they will only resurface as the occasional nightmare.

I dont blame Morrison or Wen for any of this. They did what they could. Morrison even -told- the producers that he was talking too much. Filoni and Favreau, I do blame them and I blame them A LOT.

I dont know who this is. This most certainly isn't the Fett I knew. Where is the guy who wordlessly blew Fortuna's head off? THAT was the guy with the chutzpah to not rule with respect, but to get out a bullwhip and get this whole city in line. We wont be seeing that.

I no longer have expectations, and I'm sad.
DITTO...

I wanted so badly for this to absolutely kick butt...and sadly the rough makings are there to bridge the OT and Mando version:

• Sarlacc escape - We wanted to see it, should've been epic and a quest in itself. It wasn't. It was a quick and dirty reminder where he was...which we already 100% knew.
  • How'd he become the nomad without his armor but with a kick a$$ stick and fighting style? This was actually pretty good as I grew to enjoy the flashbacks with the Tuskens. Episodes 1 and 2 should've been combined with more Sarlacc escape and less Tusken setup...but it was close to OK
  • Modern day Fett - You can show him attempting to rule with respect but revert to ruthlessness (ala Bib Fortuna) when that doesn't work, instead of coming off "so, so sorry sir..." and weak. Just keeping the helmet on would've went miles toward a less bumbling Fett.
  • Biker gang - Cool enough, don't beat us over the head with the graffiti confirming who they are. We're not dumb.
  • Vespa gang - If this was a group of cool aliens on weathered and dirty Tatooine swoops and they demonstrated being tough without disrespecting Fett and he hired them...that'd be OK
  • Mayor and his aid - Terrible and a waste of time. Get straight to the Pikes
  • Hutts - Pretty OK although the "sorry we tried to kill you here's a gift" was dumb
  • Wookiee - Should've been awesome, should've attacked Fett while in armor and been an epic fight. Instead we got Markie Mark Fett in his undies saved by the lame gang and then Hugh Hefner Fett walking around in a bathrobe. Should've left the Wookiee in the dungeon and exchange his life for allegiance...or killed him with a simple blaster shot...or put the Rancor in there and let's see how tough he is.
  • Rancor - Ugh. I could've lived with "this beast is nearly untamable and dangerous..." and Fett does it anyway. What we are about to get is a Kevin Bacon teaches Chris Penn to dance montage...but with Fett and the Rancor.
Rant over. :)

Buff predicted that black chewie will definitely be helping Boba in the grand finale.
I am *so* glad the RR is directing the finale. I want to see TM on the back of the baby Rancor flanked by Captain EO's biker gang, the wookiee, an army of Tuskens, Machete, Camie, Fixer, the ghost of his dad, etc.

Back