TERMINATOR SALVATION movie discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VERY well written review Tylerdurden.... Those are all pretty much my views on TS.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Great review.

thanks guys. :D good to know i'm not alone in my likes/dislikes of the movie.

i saw the movie. it was not what i thought it would be. sure there were moments in it that rocked. But this terminator timeline is confusing..
if you know the story then basically your going to know everything that happens. but we don't know what makes john connor a great leader yet.
they have made it so confusing.with skynet losing they have to send a terminator back to kill sarah so john doesn't exist..
so basically are they saying. if sarah connor never has john connor. skynet or whatever never happens..they really blew this time travel out of whack..i know one thing they should of never killed off sam worthngton. he was the star.. christian bale was just a supporting cast member...also what was the deal with common.
i really though one of these characters in the inner circle was going to turn out to be terminator who had already infiltrated the group. before marcus wright came about..
what got left on the editing floor..

turtlepower, you're right abt connor being a suporting character. actually i think it was a smart choice to portray connor as just another grunt (respected as he may be), fighting alongside regular soldiers. he has to be shown growing into that mantle of military leadership for us to really see why men would consider him the saviour of humanity. unfortunately, connor's role in salvation was not well-handled. throughout the movie, he often feels like a by-the-way character. again, blame the script.

In the possible furture from T1 Skynet looses the battle with the humans, right?

Momments before Skynets ultimate destruction they send a terminator back to kill Sarah before she has John, who leads the resistance to destroy skynet, right?

Soooo.....

It is by skynets doing that Kyle Reese goes back in time to stop the terminator and ultimately knock up Sarah, right?

Sooooo......

If skynet never sends a termintor to kill sarah, kyle reese never goes back to impregnate sarah, and John is never born, right?

So why doesnt skynet just not send a termintor back?

No terminator=no kyle=no John=?????

How did the future happen if the past had not yet happend? Meaning, there was no John yet, and it was Skynet that lead to the birth of John, so how was John already fighting a war in the future when he wasnt born yet in the past? And it was in Skynet in the future that led to John being born in the past. Skynet killed itself by sending back a termintor to kill Sarah.

My head hurts now.

Stupid time travel movies :lol

yeah, i know what u mean. time travel as a concept is always a mindf---k.

but if it helps, think of time as a loop, not a linear line from point a to point b. that way, what has happened and what is yet to happen are all connected in a constantly flowing, closed cycle. u can interrupt the cycle maybe a little but it cannot be broken. because everything is happening simultaneously in a sense, and one cannot exist without the other. so essentially while u may effect change in the future by changing the past, eventually there will be a "course-correction" and things will be modified but still back on track.

errr. did i just make things worse and confuse u even more? sorry! :angelsmil

In the possible furture from T1 Skynet looses the battle with the humans, right?

Momments before Skynets ultimate destruction they send a terminator back to kill Sarah before she has John, who leads the resistance to destroy skynet, right?

Soooo.....

It is by skynets doing that Kyle Reese goes back in time to stop the terminator and ultimately knock up Sarah, right?

Sooooo......

If skynet never sends a termintor to kill sarah, kyle reese never goes back to impregnate sarah, and John is never born, right?

So why doesnt skynet just not send a termintor back?

No terminator=no kyle=no John=?????

How did the future happen if the past had not yet happend? Meaning, there was no John yet, and it was Skynet that lead to the birth of John, so how was John already fighting a war in the future when he wasnt born yet in the past? And it was in Skynet in the future that led to John being born in the past. Skynet killed itself by sending back a termintor to kill Sarah.

My head hurts now.

Stupid time travel movies :lol

What makes you think Kyle wouldnt be sent in the past even if Skynet doesnt send a Terminator through time?

What makes you think Kyle wouldnt be sent in the past even if Skynet doesnt send a Terminator through time?

true! and the only thing that the first terminator did for skynet was speed up Cyberdynes/Miles research on the chip. he was already working on it. when he got the chip from the 1st Terminator his work when faster cause of all the new things he was learning from it. So Skynet would have been created anyways.

And i cant wait to see WHY John is so important. what does he do to destroy Skynet

I'm confused, because in order for this all to happen...the events need to unfold first...correct? Like in the future John Connor is alive and humans are about to make there final attack on skynet and destroy it. But in a last ditch effort the machines send back on machine.

Now I'm confused on how John Connor exists in the future if his father was never sent back yet to make him...

And if it's sknyets last effort before we win and the machine loses, that would be skynet gets defeated in the future as well as destroyed in the past.

But it seems that Skynets plan was not to kill Sarah Connor, but was to get caught in that press...in doing so skynet sets into motion it's own creation, if the terminator's arm and CPU was never salvaged than Cyberdyne would never have started down that path in doing so skynet would never be.

The machine had to fail and get caught or else, skynet would have never existed...because humans would have never gotten the technology to do so.

I'm confused, because in order for this all to happen...the events need to unfold first...correct? Like in the future John Connor is alive and humans are about to make there final attack on skynet and destroy it. But in a last ditch effort the machines send back on machine.

Now I'm confused on how John Connor exists in the future if his father was never sent back yet to make him...

And if it's sknyets last effort before we win and the machine loses, that would be skynet gets defeated in the future as well as destroyed in the past.

But it seems that Skynets plan was not to kill Sarah Connor, but was to get caught in that press...in doing so skynet sets into motion it's own creation, if the terminator's arm and CPU was never salvaged than Cyberdyne would never have started down that path in doing so skynet would never be.

The machine had to fail and get caught or else, skynet would have never existed...because humans would have never gotten the technology to do so.

They would have eventually either way, the Terminator's arm speeded up the process of research and development for Cyberdyne.

I always thought that Johns father couldve always been someone other than Kyle. He just happened to be the guy who ends up leading the resistance. When Kyle goes back and knocks up Sarah that changes who the future John Connor would be. Then he isnt the guy who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. He is someone with the knowledge to be the leader from the get go. It all depends on what time travel theory you want to go with. I think T3 really muddles things up with using the whole destiny angle though.

Finally just got a chance to see it.
Sorry guys, its summer blockbuster crap...enjoy it in theaters while you can cause when it gets to dvd, it will be worthless. Are we sure Michael Bay did not have anything to do with this?

starkiller, excellent theory. and that's what i meant by "course-correction" in the constant loop that is the timestream. it's as if the future was changed due to a new action taken in the past (via time travel), but ultimately the new action was the very thing that effected the same outcome in the future anyway...

Well, box office has Terminator taking in 90 Million domestically; after two weeks, its a miserable failure, money wise. Very, very disappointing for me as I liked it.

Well, Phantom Menace was pretty much trash and while AOTC wasn't great it was better and ROTS was even better so this one could come back as well.

Can't go by those as example, Lucas had a large hand in making those films happen, so he could get them to be whatever he wanted even if the studio wasn't full there.

The Terminator franchise is likely to go the way of Aliens vs Predator. The studio will continue to make movies, but budgets and production time will slim down so the movies will never live up to what they could be. Studios ruin these franchises by making a move to support more movies in them but then not giving them the support they need to live up to their full potential.

Back