Terminator 5 is a go

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
They must have a lot of faith that Salvation will do well.

The Terminator will be back.

Halcyon Co. toppers Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek are developing a fifth instalment of the man-vs.-machine franchise.

Helmer McG, who directed the upcoming fourth pic, "Terminator Salvation," is working with the Halcyon duo on the latest project.

Announcement was among the news that came out of the Dubai Intl. Film Festival, which bowed Dec. 11 and runs through Thursday.

McG was in Dubai for the announcement, despite his well-known fear of flying, which led to him dropping out of the Oz-shot "Superman Returns." He mentioned that incident in remarks during the announcement.

No decision has been made as to where to film the next "Terminator," although the Middle East was mentioned as a locale.

When Anderson and Kubicek acquired the rights the lucrative "Terminator" franchise last year from previous owners C2, the former ad exec and banker envisaged the re-booted series as a trilogy. Christian Bale has signed on in the role of John Connor for all three roles. Newest pic is tentatively skedded for a 2011 release.

The duo had originally planned to wait until the release of "Terminator Salvation" next summer before deciding on whether to proceed with the next chapter, but the positive studio, fan and media reaction to footage from the current pic has encouraged them to move forward ahead of schedule.

https://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=festivals&jump=story&id=1061&articleid=VR1117997377&cs=1

i hope arnie would do some cameos...the franchise isn't complete without him on it...

I don't see Arnie so necessarily important. He's just one of the many T-800 infiltration models produced by Skynet, who happens to be captured and re-programmed by the resistance, except for T1.

I imagine its unlikely the film would totally tank at the box office, but I just want it to be a "good movie".

After hearing McG say they were going for a Children of Men feel with the movie, and with the studio advancing on a sequel already, this very well could be a Dark Knight-esque epic.

I'm certainly getting amped about this one.

Christian Bale is going to make an amazing John Connor. On the commercial he was acting his ass off, so I can't wait to see the whole film!

After hearing McG say they were going for a Children of Men feel with the movie, and with the studio advancing on a sequel already, this very well could be a Dark Knight-esque epic.

I'm certainly getting amped about this one.

If McG can give this movie a Children of Men feel, I will have newfound respect for him. That's a tall order.

If McG can give this movie a Children of Men feel, I will have newfound respect for him. That's a tall order.

Hey I totally agree, there. Aside from producing Supernatural I'm not even sure he's done anything you could call "good".

But, all of my fingers and toes are crossed.

If they at any point try to give us a CGI Arnold from the late 80's/early 90's and toss in a newly recorded vocal track from the Governator, I will walk out of the theater.

I'm not a big McG fan, but what we saw of it at SDCC looked great. And I'd bet you see Arnie at the end of 4 as a prototype for the next terminator.

I'm not a big McG fan, but what we saw of it at SDCC looked great. And I'd bet you see Arnie at the end of 4 as a prototype for the next terminator.

Their not using Arnie's likeness with Kickinger's body anymore,it's going to be all Kickinger in T Salvation.I guess they couldn't get the digital transfer right and decided to scrap the idea.

i definitely would've enjoyed the terminator movies more without arnold. sooooo cheesy.
"hasta la vista baby" :rolleyes:

While I don't require Arnold to be in any further Terminator ventures I do find it strange what you've said there. He was an essential ingredient in the first 2 films if perhaps not the third (too many silly jokes revolving around him and perhaps put in specifically for him)

While I don't require Arnold to be in any further Terminator ventures I do find it strange what you've said there. He was an essential ingredient in the first 2 films if perhaps not the third (too many silly jokes revolving around him and perhaps put in specifically for him)
essential?
is it hard to hack through deadpan one-liners, or act like a robot with an inexplicable austrian accent?
you really can't think of any other lousy actors who could pull that off?
to me, the terminator movies are all about special fx, awesome machines and explosions.
and i can't think of anything that arnold could have contributed to that.
so, i won't miss him in the sequels.

Back