SW VS. LOTR #1- Han Solo VS. Aragorn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Han Solo or Aragorn?

• Han Solo

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • Aragorn

Votes: 81 66.9%

• Total voters
Oh man....for a second I thought this was a "who would win in a fight" like tournment, I think that would be more interesting then simply "who do you like better?". Maybe thats just me though.....

denger4000 said:
Oh man....for a second I thought this was a "who would win in a fight" like tournment, I think that would be more interesting then simply "who do you like better?". Maybe thats just me though.....

A Ranger would own a Rouge any day.

Han Solo all the way.....it isn't even a contest for me. I enjoyed Aragorn in LOTR, but I loved Han in SW.

Han is a lot more appealing to me.

As a classic character: I think they're even. Strider's pretty mysterious when you first meet him, but Han has that amazing first scene that cements his character. Strider just keep uping the tension the closer he gets to his endgame, whereas Han sort of loses steam towards the end. Aragorn needs to destroy the enemy to get the crown to get the girl. Han gets the girl because "the other guy" is her brother. Han has the Millenium Flacon!! Aragorn's horse runs away rather than follow him into the haunted mountain. Strider has a destiny. Han has a wookie.

In a fight: Long range, Han in one shot, maybe two. Short range: headless scoundrel vs. King of Gondor.

I voted for Aragorn. But it couldv'e gone either way for me, as I love them both.

Chose Aragorn. He has so much more history behind him. Han Solo, as much as HE was the one that partially kept Star Wars alive (let's face it, his was the best acting -- need we say more?), does pale by comparison to Aragorn in terms of substance. Of course, it made me wonder why we're comparing Aragorn to Han.

I wonder if we even want to compare digital creatures at some point: Gollum vs Jar-Jar. I think we al know whom we'd vote for.

Thing is, Han is only a bit player in the Star Wars saga. I know, I know, he may have been the scene stealer in 1980 and in '77 he may have epitomized the sexy and cool male. But in the big picture, him and his signifgant other Chewbacca are closer to... Legolas and Gimli. For someone of Aragorn's importance, you'd have to look at Obi-Wan.

Radagaster said:
I wonder if we even want to compare digital creatures at some point: Gollum vs Jar-Jar. I think we al know whom we'd vote for.

Please. It would have to be Yoda vs. Gollum/Semegal. Jar-Jar would be more on par with Treebeard.

tough choice -- my favorite characters from their respective films -- finally went with aragorn tho' -- primarily i guess because aragorn's composure beats out han's swagger, imho.

I say Han just because Harrison Ford. Vigo...kinda looks like a sex offender to me, no good reason, just does! Plus I imagine the old Indiana Jones Saber-Shoot scene.

I guess Aragorn would really win, but against Anakin? MORE POLLS! Ugnaughts vs.Hobbits, Gimli vs. Chewy MORE I SAY!

PosterBoyKelly said:
Ugnaughts vs.Hobbits, Gimli vs. Chewy MORE I SAY!

I will be doing one a week throughout the year. Han and Aragorn are the swashbuckling second male leads of their respective series. I tried to find characters who somewhat mirrored each other's roles or functions in setting up the polls. For example, next week...

:D

Also Han Solo for me. Hey only has to do a shoot a guy with a sword move with his blaster and Aragorn is history:monkey2 :monkey5

gdb said:
Please. It would have to be Yoda vs. Gollum/Semegal. Jar-Jar would be more on par with Treebeard.

Come to think of it, Gollum/Semegal should be vs. Darth Vader/Ani...

Course whatever you think is right, Tom. :D

I'm a LOTR fan and I voted... Han Solo... just kidding... I actually voted Han and I'm a Star Wars fan as many of you know :)... I can live without Aragorn... I cannot live without Han (spaking of movie History of course)...:chew

decadentdave said:
A ROUGE :lol Um... I think you mean a ROGUE! :chew

Scoundrel. I like the sound of that.

Ahhhhhh the downfall of typing fast. I'll try not to upset the Spelling Nazi's in the future.

Han's the man but your comparing him to Ara-freakin-gorn :rock

Plus Shai had the most compelling argument! :rotfl

Also none of the Star Wars movies won 11 Oscars! :bow ;) :stick

Back