SW VS. LOTR #1- Han Solo VS. Aragorn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Han Solo or Aragorn?

• Han Solo

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • Aragorn

Votes: 81 66.9%

• Total voters
DarkArtist81 said:
I'd have to go with my man Aragorn.... As much as I love Han, Aragorn would find a way to take him out. Han is lucky and he's ****y, but Aragorn is cunning and would not give up until Han's head was seperated from his body.

:aragorn FOR GONDOR!!! :aragorn

Han would shoot Aragorn dead in his tracks.

It looks like Aragorn has a solid lead--first point seems to be going to LOTR as of now. (I believe that next week's poll will be a more difficult decision...)

And I am thinking that when there is a conflict or difference between film and book representations of a LOTR character, we should vote based on the film version. Star Wars is only a movie and doesn't have the benefit of such classic literary source material, so to keep things fair we should just consider this as a contest between films.

And I forgot to mention yesterday--there will be a grand prize drawing at the end of this poll marathon. So vote wisely.

:D

As much as I hate to say it I have to go with Aragon on this one... if it was Aragon vs Luke then its a different story but the #1 LOTR guy has to beat the #2-3 SW guy. So I'm guessing the final showdown is Yoda vs Gandalf?

madden821 said:
As much as I hate to say it I have to go with Aragon on this one... if it was Aragon vs Luke then its a different story but the #1 LOTR guy has to beat the #2-3 SW guy. So I'm guessing the final showdown is Yoda vs Gandalf?

OMG I hope not. My head might explode trying to decide between them two.

Aragorn bangs an elf princess...its much better than the princess of a planet that has been destroyed... + he gives hope to Eowyn that he might be her man...My Vote goes to Aragorn,the playa.

I voted for Han. He knows how to fix, fly, and hide a space ship while Aragorn only knows how to fall of cliffs with his horse. Han would also just be able to shoot Aragorn before he even got close ala Indiana Jones vs Swordsman. :D

Besides, Han's friend can rip your arms off and is nearly 8 feet all. Aragorn's friends are short and have pointy ears.

Will have to go with Aragorn. He had so much riding on his shoulders and pulled it off. He has no fear and does what must be done.

In a fight Aragorn would be victorious over Han no matter what the weapon of choice is.

onix36div said:
come on its got to be Han
Hes got so much on his plate its amazing hes alive
Bounty hunters always after him (greedo, boba, etc)
Best friends a wookie??
Jabba wants him dead
Vader wants him dead
Caught up in a war he didnt want to be in
great stuff

Aragorn -
-He's got so much on his plate (fate of Middle Earth in his hands, keeping the Shire safe, being King, cleaning up the mess Sauron made, establishing the 4th Age) it's amazing he's alive
-Everybody's always after him
-Best friend's a wizard
-Saruman wants him dead
-Sauron wants him dead
-Caught up in a war he didn't want to be in, plus he's got to lead it

No contest :aragorn

I have to admit as much as I love LOTR, I have to go with Han. It's hard to describe but he was always one of my favorite characters growing up. Attitude, dialog, and I always love his relationship with the Falcon. Always been a sucker for a captain and his ship type thing.

For purely memorable moments, Han wins with me. There are so many iconic moments with Captain Solo:

1) The Cantina

2) All of his facial quirks

3) His constant pithy dialogue with Leia (esp the Carbonite moment, carried into ROTJ).

Etc, etc ...

Too iconic, Solo wins.

toughest choice evar!! gotta go w/ Aragorn, tho i see some people comparing them in a fight. in that case Han would win since u don't bring a knife (even a really big one) to a gun fight.:rotfl

Remember, this isn't "who would win in a fight," but just which character do you prefer. I think we all know who would win in a fight between these two...

:cool:

decadentdave said:
Han would shoot Aragorn dead in his tracks.

...because he would shoot first!

I voted Aragorn because...well, when asked in a television interview whether he would ever play Han Solo again, Harrison Ford wrinkled his nose and said the character would seem awfully thin now. I think every character Ford has played since gave him more to work with than Han Solo did. Solo is a charming rogue, and he tickles us because we know we can count on him to behave selfishly until the very last moment.

Aragorn is a more layered character. There's mystery about him and anticipation about his development. First, who is he? Later, will he embrace his lineage and his calling? Finally, will he have what it takes to win? There's reason to wonder what he'll do next, and reason to root for him to make the right choice. He embraces duty and responsibilty although he'd really rather be left alone. He's Shane and he's King Arthur rolled into one.

Han Solo.

He's my favorite SW character; love the swagger and humor he brings to the trilogy. Every time he's on screen, the film just becomes more fun. And at the end of the day, I enjoy that sense of fun more than the poetic seriousness of LOTR.

Gruff Old Bear said:
...because he would shoot first!

I voted Aragorn because...well, when asked in a television interview whether he would ever play Han Solo again, Harrison Ford wrinkled his nose and said the character would seem awfully thin now. I think every character Ford has played since gave him more to work with than Han Solo did. Solo is a charming rogue, and he tickles us because we know we can count on him to behave selfishly until the very last moment.

Aragorn is a more layered character. There's mystery about him and anticipation about his development. First, who is he? Later, will he embrace his lineage and his calling? Finally, will he have what it takes to win? There's reason to wonder what he'll do next, and reason to root for him to make the right choice. He embraces duty and responsibilty although he'd really rather be left alone. He's Shane and he's King Arthur rolled into one.

G.O.M......we are so on the same page here. My thoughts exactly. :cool:

Back