1/6 Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars The Mandalorian - Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

The water effect HT have used is more symbolic than naturalistic. It's so blue that it's like a swimming pool with underwater lighting. It's a nice effect, but the courtyard ponds were darker, and murkier looking. Those scenes seem to have been filmed with a yellowy green filter, like a poisonous looking fog, so I'm surprised HT didn't make their stand less grey.

51122299610_20946c2b0f_o.jpg

51118322332_a0bd35b3f3_o.png

I'll have to leave the water out, and just imagine its down there on the shelf.

I gave my stand another dry brushing of grey to lighten it further, and I think it'll do for me.

51120374017_555fb63a07_o.jpg
Great work on the stand and thanks for sharing the details! Seems fine without the name plate. The grabber post looks to be sourced from a HT stand? I hope to do the same.

Does anybody here actual use those cardboard backdrops on permanent display with their figures? I?m trying to think if I?ve actually ever seen pics of people using them.
I think people steer away from them because they are sized oddly. That's not to say they all are good designs, but like this forest or bridge? Yeah that's cool, I'd be up to use that. Or even the Arkham ones with the cityscape and batsignal. I just wish they'd adjust those backdrops to the height/width of a detolf cube. I know not everyone has them, but I'd probably go out on a limb and say a good 70% of their audience does. I'd consider using them if they would fit in the back better, as I imagine others would too.

Might break my one of each figure rule for this.

I went ahead and preordered both versions. I?ll pose one in the cloak holding Grogu and the lantern. The other one will posed without the cloak with lightsabers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I envy you to have the option to get both :lol

Hot Toys has really screwed with the DX line. How is this a DX figure considering it comes with what amounts to a standard release. The Solo Maul should not have been DX either, great figure though. If this is DX why was the Mando V2 just a Deluxe? Why was Palpatine with throne not DX?

Hot Toys has also cranked up the prices recently while delivering less and less. For $315 there should be a second determined expression sculpt. They have gotten lazy, especially with head sculpts. A couple years ago those Transport Troopers would have came in a two pack with Burr and Pascal at least as an option.

I recently put HT in its place by buying the Hulkbuster and Thanos and I made sure to do it on the same day.

Take that lazy company!

Hot Toys has really screwed with the DX line. How is this a DX figure considering it comes with what amounts to a standard release. The Solo Maul should not have been DX either, great figure though. If this is DX why was the Mando V2 just a Deluxe? Why was Palpatine with throne not DX?

Hot Toys has also cranked up the prices recently while delivering less and less. For $315 there should be a second determined expression sculpt. They have gotten lazy, especially with head sculpts. A couple years ago those Transport Troopers would have came in a two pack with Burr and Pascal at least as an option.

More importantly why wasnt Boba a DX?

I recently put HT in its place by buying the Hulkbuster and Thanos and I made sure to do it on the same day.

Take that lazy company!

I gave them a lesson too when I ordered both versions of this "DX" Ahsoka. I'm not saying I'm going to do anything about it(I'm a HT Star Wars addict for **** sake), I just wanted to complain. I'll go **** off now.

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Kennedy Katan is going to haunt you like a Zuni doll at night lol

I haven't ordered that abomination yet but I'm sure I will eventually. At least it has a helmet so that manly Sackhoff sculpt can stay in the box. Which kinda makes it more a DX than this Ahsoka:monkey3

I do still hope they rework that Bo Katan sculpt. I suspect they will.

Oh well I can always use her head on my Ivan Drago custom.
My future HT Bo Katan standing over a defeated and wounded Din...
767b64a11a209015759ec5f6e7b79968.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

DX just means figures with moveable eyes.

It used to be that the DX line also came with a lot of extra bells and whistles to make it a special releases, possibly to help justify the higher price for having a figure with PERS.

They’ve continued the DX branding since it’s too late to change that now.

I don’t know how much back then that they might’ve considered DX seems like short for deluxe, but it did get a bit confusing after they started doing deluxe versions of figures that had nothing to do with their DX product line.

But for a while now, it’s been clear that a DX release can be pretty barebones and just have moveable eyes and a fancy box.

DX just means figures with moveable eyes.

It used to be that the DX line also came with a lot of extra bells and whistles to make it a special releases, possibly to help justify the higher price for having a figure with PERS.

They?ve continued the DX branding since it?s too late to change that now.

I don?t know how much back then that they might?ve considered DX seems like short for deluxe, but it did get a bit confusing after they started doing deluxe versions of figures that had nothing to do with their DX product line.

But for a while now, it?s been clear that a DX release can be pretty barebones and just have moveable eyes and a fancy box.

The Clone Wars Ahsoka has PERS as well and it's not a DX so...I guess DX is just about foam layer packaging instead of plastic trays?

The Clone Wars Ahsoka has PERS as well and it's not a DX so...I guess DX is just about foam layer packaging instead of plastic trays?

:lol Yep, just the fancy box and trays which will promptly go in most people’s closets.

And a cheap trinket like a card or keychain or something.

The TCW Ahsoka is an odd case, but they probably chose to give Ahsoka moveable eyes because her head articulation will be severely restricted. While also keeping it an MMS release to just try to sell as many as possible while skipping the fancy box.

Oh just wait till you read my review of TFATWS, lol. :chase

Somehow I skipped over this response earlier, but you're right to run away after that ill-considered review! :lol

Your "Barely an inconvenience!" observation about Sam taking on super soldiers did have me in stitches though...:rotfl

Did you order the Deluxe or Regular Ahsoka? Or both? ;)

I grabbed the Deluxe. I may get the regular version as well later on, depending on what else gets released in the next few months.

Back