1/6 Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With reference to the conundrum of which version to order, and thinking I'd settled on the 'Regular' Deluxe, I thought I'd come at it from a different angle and maybe order the 'Deluxe' Deluxe because it's not much more and comes with a forest base I can use for other figures.

So I had a quick go at knocking up a bridge stand for her this morning from 'Dremeled' MDF.

51120571154_627b13dbde_o.jpg

Ha, nice. That looks really simple to replicate so I might give it a go but it?s the water and name plate that really make that stand ?stand? out.
I?ve been reading the thread and have flip flopped about a dozen times over which version I want and, oddly enough, the stand has been the primary deciding factor. I only need one Grogu which will come from Deluxe Mando- but I guess another expression/pose option is always a plus. Ultimately, I?m a dynamic-pose displayer so I?ve decided the DLX diorama piece will inspire the best pose from me so that?s the one I?ve gone with.
Used the maximum amount of reward points you seem to be allowed to at KGHOBBY- which only gets about a ?20 discount- and that?s only half the cost of shipping so this is still a damn pricey piece for what it is but that outfit is stunning.

Lantern is lame af though. Surely enough online whining can get HT to put an iota of effort into answering such a simple complaint. Just don?t charge me any extra for it...

Ha, nice. That looks really simple to replicate so I might give it a go but it?s the water and name plate that really make that stand ?stand? out.
I?ve been reading the thread and have flip flopped about a dozen times over which version I want and, oddly enough, the stand has been the primary deciding factor. I only need one Grogu which will come from Deluxe Mando- but I guess another expression/pose option is always a plus. Ultimately, I?m a dynamic-pose displayer so I?ve decided the DLX diorama piece will inspire the best pose from me so that?s the one I?ve gone with.
Used the maximum amount of reward points you seem to be allowed to at KGHOBBY- which only gets about a ?20 discount- and that?s only half the cost of shipping so this is still a damn pricey piece for what it is but that outfit is stunning.

Lantern is lame af though. Surely enough online whining can get HT to put an iota of effort into answering such a simple complaint. Just don?t charge me any extra for it...

I just ordered the Deluxe DX too, having pretty much set myself on the regular. The UK price I got for the Deluxe DX being identical to KGH's almost to the penny (because of the high shipping rate KGH have assigned) it seemed better economically to go for the diorama base, Grogu and lantern.

KGH's price difference between the versions is only ?19, and in the long run people will likely ask a lot more for those three accessories.

Both bases could essentially be mimicked, but the stone flagstones were the quickest to finish and allay my 'need' to have her displayed in that evocative courtyard scene.

The forest base could be used by numerous figures, and Grogu and the lantern will find a home somewhere.

51120290787_0ef1513a2c_o.jpg

Re: Star Wars The Mandalorian - Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

The figure description doesn’t say anything about the body being newly-developed, which probably rules out the possibility that they’re using the Hellboy-style metal frame underneath. But what past figure would this body be repurposed from? Looks more muscular than any of the ones I’m familiar with.

People on something?
These look nothing alike.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
998ea77b79e53c9c17598e29ececd487.jpg
2f1d1909d5a65ebb60682c1f9cedba53.jpg

Well they each have two eyes, one nose, one mouth and a headband, but beyond that you are absolutely correct. It's not that people are on something, it's that some people just like being difficult. :slap

The figure description doesn?t say anything about the body being newly-developed, which probably rules out the possibility that they?re using the Hellboy-style metal frame underneath. But what past figure would this body be repurposed from? Looks more muscular than any of the ones I?m familiar with.

The upper torso could be a reuse from the Wonder Woman figures as the proportions look similar to me. No need to go seamless on the legs so I'd expect those are your standard ones.

Well they each have two eyes, one nose, one mouth and a headband, but beyond that you are absolutely correct. It's not that people are on something, it's that some people just like being difficult. :slap

Yeah I think you are right. People just being difficult.
Couldn?t believe I was seeing this conversation on a few different places. Thought it was crazy haha

The upper torso could be a reuse from the Wonder Woman figures as the proportions look similar to me. No need to go seamless on the legs so I'd expect those are your standard ones.

Yeah it's definitely Wonder Woman's. There's muscle definition that wasn't there for Shuri or the GotG vol.1 Gamora.

Ahsoka's gonna be top-heavy. Wonder Woman was a large figure (comparatively to other female figures), and Ahsoka doesn't have the height to balance that out.

Yeah it's definitely Wonder Woman's. There's muscle definition that wasn't there for Shuri or the GotG vol.1 Gamora.

Ahsoka's gonna be top-heavy. Wonder Woman was a large figure (comparatively to other female figures), and Ahsoka doesn't have the height to balance that out.
Thanks, yeah it’s probably the Wonder Woman upper body. Hopefully the leg and ankle joints are strong enough to offset the weight of that headpiece.

I don't think it will be top heavy - it's not an overly busty torso once you remove WW's armored corset. But the rubber material is heavier than plastic, so hard to say with any certainty. The Ahsoka figure is 0.5cm shorter per the specs though, so you're right about that. I thought Rosario Dawson was rather tall, but apparently she's only 5'7", 3 inches shorter than GG.

I don't think it will be top heavy - it's not an overly busty torso once you remove WW's armored corset. But the rubber material is heavier than plastic, so hard to say with any certainty. The Ahsoka figure is 0.5cm shorter per the specs though, so you're right about that. I thought Rosario Dawson was rather tall, but apparently she's only 5'7", 3 inches shorter than GG.

Oh, no I didn't mean like... literally heavy. Just that I find in general HT's female figures have really short legs, so their arms look just a touch too long. Wonder Woman had the longer (and thicc) legs to balance it out.

Yeonsun Jeon? I like these sculpts, to be honest, but I?ve never heard of this sculptor.

d7d14f0dc8b384b24c4a41a6444e12a2.png

3b9fe0bfcb1cd8b90e8bfaaad44ec96f.png

ecbb677a59ab431b85711a758b456347.png

It's so ****ing perfect, remind me why are people complaining again? Other than the reason people like to complain about anything they can possibly complain about for no reason at all.

Holy crap does the likeness come to life with eyes looking to the side, especially that top pic. Okay never mind about the sculpt and PERS, total homerun figure IMO! :rock

Yes, I thought that from the start. Good to see you've come to your senses! :rotfl

Oh course, all opinions now are meaningless - it's the production sculpt that matters.

Back