Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the first episode today ... it's not terrible but basically more Clone Wars, clearly aimed primarily at a far younger audience with the same odd beats of death and violence that made TCW weird from time to time. I don't think I'll be giving it any more of my time though.

Yea I can?t stand that strong clone. I hope he dies. He?s very annoying.

I do not like how they changed Kanan origin. The original script from the comic was good, more intense, desperate like it should feel for any Jedi around Order 66 time. Now with Bad Batch helping him it is quite meh. Why they decided to alter this canon piece of the story is beyond my understanding.

Wow, I'm sure glad Disney made it a point to sell fans on their extended universe by assuring everyone that, unlike the old EU, the new canon would be *one* cohesive and consistent narrative between all mediums. :lol

I don't intend to watch this show, but I'm curious: Does the change from the comics version actually do anything constructive for the story? Or is it just something that didn't need to be changed whatsoever?

I don't intend to watch this show, but I'm curious: Does the change from the comics version actually do anything constructive for the story? Or is it just something that didn't need to be changed whatsoever?

I'm guessing that they just wanted to kick the show off with some Rebels fan service.

I'm guessing that they just wanted to kick the show off with some Rebels fan service.

Ah. I don't know that I'd choose to throw Rebels fans a bone if it meant simultaneously sticking one to the fans of the comic that sold remarkably well when it debuted, but whatever.

Filoni has been doing this with extended universe stories since George essentially gave him freedom with TCW before Disney was even on the scene. So it's par for the course, I suppose. Well, except that Disney's new EU canon was actually supposed to matter. :lol

I take it he doesn't say the c-word every five seconds?

If only you were referring to "clones" as the c-word. In that case, yeah, I'd bet it'd be more frequent than every five minutes. :lol

That's the heart of Star Wars now to so many fans. Clones. Good clones... bad clones... big clones... little clones... young clones... old clones...

The next generation will be all about Mandalorians. Guy Mandos... chick Mandos... heavy Mandos... skinny Mandos... blue ones... red ones...

I do think the original portrayal of Kanan living through Order 66 was better, which leads to my one complaint: half of Dume’s lines sounded like a 40 year old man. I understand Freddy voiced the older version it just broke the immersion for me for a moment.

Does the change from the comics version actually do anything constructive for the story? Or is it just something that didn't need to be changed whatsoever?

The only thing it does it's "now those idio ... people will see they are really cool and good guys". It makes no other sense whatsoever unless they will rewrite the rest of his story during hiding.

Some good world building in Episode 2, nothing too special, but showing more of the transition between the Republic and the Empire was cool.

Saw the first episode today ... it's not terrible but basically more Clone Wars, clearly aimed primarily at a far younger audience with the same odd beats of death and violence that made TCW weird from time to time. I don't think I'll be giving it any more of my time though.

I'm in the same boat.....it was just ok.

Hmm I actually liked the new episode. Even kind of rooted for what's her name staying with the group. And one thing that really stood out was the music, I found that it really elevated the episode.

Back