Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who likes John Boyega more than Daisy Ridley? Making him the lead over her would have been a terrible choice. She is infinitely more likable and fun to watch on screen. Sure he did a good enough job for the part he was given but definitely couldn't have carried the trilogy.

Plus with Finn you'd lose the great dynamic between Rey and Kylo, them both being grandkids of Vader and Palps and all that cool stuff. They definitely made the right call on that.

I never said replace Rey. They should have had Finn AND Rey both random force users that learned and trained together. Each with their own baggage to get in the way. Finn and Phasma dynamic could have been Finn and his insecurities of being a former trooper facing his trainer and squad leader as a traitor.

Rey?s arc would have been similar to what it was. Maybe just made her faulter and stagger in her abilities when she learned earlier that the last film she was a Palpatine. Sow doubt in her character about possibly falling to the Dark Side. Which would have been a great arc to understand old Luke and his fear of training her after what happened to him with Kylo.

Imagine we may learn Kylo kills Grogu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said replace Rey. They should have had Finn AND Rey both random force users that learned and trained together. Each with their own baggage to get in the way. Finn and Phasma dynamic could have been Finn and his insecurities of being a former trooper facing his trainer and squad leader as a traitor.

Rey?s arc would have been similar to what it was. Maybe just made her faulter and stagger in her abilities when she learned earlier that the last film she was a Palpatine. Sow doubt in her character about possibly falling to the Dark Side. Which would have been a great arc to understand old Luke and his fear of training her after what happened to him with Kylo.

Imagine we may learn Kylo kills Grogu.

Oh okay keeping Rey the same but elevating Finn. Making him the Han to her Luke perhaps. Yes that could have worked.

I see you are still dizzy from the take down. :)

Well you know how I feel about both the PT and ST.. I would be fine if they remade the PT and redid the ST and gave us six solid films instead of 2 that I happen to enjoy.

The ST has some of the worst duels in the franchise. I can forgive Luke for wildly swinging cause he?s learning and growing but rey isn?t learning or growing she just nows what to do and it sucks .

Sorry but you gotta watch ROTJ duel. Left parry, right parry, up parry.. Repeat.

I love Empires saber duel... But its not all that complicated.. its really about Vader toying with Luke.

I hate TLJ scene and think that is right up there with original Vader vs Obi wan duel in ANH.

TFA was OK.. Since being OK with Rey and her powers I am good with it.. I think it resembles what the OT did

I love TROS for many of the same reason I love Empires.. I love the setting.. It does have the single worst thing I have seen in any of the Saber duels.. I have yet to se anyone point it out so I am not going to :lol But there is nothing in that Saber duel that makes me think it looks awful accept that one scene.. I do which Rey two hands more.

Meaning that that you blast the other two films in the PT but this film is more like the PT then anything in the OT.. Still bad acting / characters / script and directing.

The worst Dialogue thread tells me differently.. Hell I even styed away from the PT cause its such an easy target.

TLJ has some really bad lines and I will always stand by that its the delivery. If the PT had better acting then some of those lines might not seem so bad. Because the acting in the ST is sooo much better then the PT I think a lot of it come off better.. Accept for anything that Rose and Holdo say. :lol

I know you know my feelings on the ST. So I wont go into all of that. But for me Ben Solo was a million times more interesting then anyone in the PT. Rey as an actress is just so likable. And I loved Han and Luke in the films.. And I have written a million times why I have no issues with the direction they were taken. So that is exactly 4 more characters I find more interesting in the ST then the PT.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the quality of the two trilogies.. I have major issues with both. I happen to like one film from each trilogy a lot and TROS helped me be accept TFA and ROTS. Thats a good thing.

But I will always have an issue of how the PT looks, how it is acted, how the dialogue is written and how the they are directed. If not for TCW and TROS I dont think I would watch the movies again...

I know if it was not for TROS I would never watch TFA or TLJ ever again also so there is that

I happened to like how they resolved what I found to be the most interesting character in the SW saga since the OT. Ben Solo.. But even he was not enough to save TFA and TLJ.. I needed the redemption he got in TROS and how they ended up handling Rey.. I dont get all upset about prophecies and the fact that she is a girl. I like the old Jedi reaching out to her.

I agree about Palps return being handled as poorly as Anakin's turn.. but that is the difference between the acting and directing in the two films for me.. I could accept the dumbness of Palps return much easier.

In the end.. I like the PT just fine overall.. Like you I have a hard time with ST haters bashing on the ST when they defend the PT like its a masterpiece.

its like you with the PT haters that bash on the PT while ignoring the issues of the ST.

That is why I have always said its about picking your poison. What kind of film do you want. Its like the PT and ST are polar opposites with how they went about telling their stories.

Many are smart and dont pick either.

Me I am dumb and I take a bit of both :lol

Yikes. Ben solo more interesting than anyone in the PT? He?s just anakin light my guy lol. And again I honestly don?t see what you see. The ST is just poorly written and handled poorly with no redeeming qualities. Yes old characters come back but they are handled so poorly is hilarious how anyone can be contempt with that. Not to mention they act of character.

And the acting may be better but that honestly doesn?t make it better. The writing still kills the films . The dialogue is only bad cause it?s delivery.

Who likes John Boyega more than Daisy Ridley? Making him the lead over her would have been a terrible choice. She is infinitely more likable and fun to watch on screen. Sure he did a good enough job for the part he was given but definitely couldn't have carried the trilogy.

Plus with Finn you'd lose the great dynamic between Rey and Kylo, them both being grandkids of Vader and Palps and all that cool stuff. They definitely made the right call on that.

Lol huh? Who the hell even was she before star wars. Boyega had movies and shows under her belt . And what great dynamic ? Lol that was awful.

Finn being the main character would be way better than some bland protagonist who never learns anything and can?t lose.

Give me a character who was once on the side of bad over fem poorly told Luke skywalker anyday. Good reason why the ST failed. Boyega has a great screen presence when told right. Rey as the main character failed to capture audiences and fans and only a few like her.

Last edited:
[...] in this true and canon continuation of the SW Saga. :duff

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes. Ben solo more interesting than anyone in the PT? He?s just anakin light my guy lol. And again I honestly don?t see what you see. The ST is just poorly written and handled poorly with no redeeming qualities. Yes old characters come back but they are handled so poorly is hilarious how anyone can be contempt with that. Not to mention they act of character.

And the acting may be better but that honestly doesn?t make it better. The writing still kills the films . The dialogue is only bad cause it?s delivery.

Oh my.. Ben solo is easily more interesting then Anakin or anyone else. I mean its not even close.

Anakin should have been amazing.. But they Blew it. George blew it.

If Anakin was handled as well as Ben Solo then.. I might have more respect for the PT.. Might even be 100% on your side.

:lol Anakin light.. Anakin himself was Anakin light ;) :lol

I like Ben Solo/Kylo Ren because Adam Driver is an incredible actor... but when I look at that poster I just see a mess.

It is funny: the PT is this beautiful world with a crap incarnation of Anakin, while the ST has this wonderful characterization lost amidst a mess.

Yes, Kylo Ren was the Anakin we all wanted.

tenor.gif

For me he out Jar Jarred Jar Jar.

As for The Acolyte, this sounds like the least interesting of the new offerings.

It's too far in the past to feel relevant to what makes the OT era interesting: the age of the heroes we met in Star Wars (1977).

It's like the history of Middle Earth before Bilbo, just as the ST was the appendices that killed off the ring bearers or sent them to the Undying Lands (e.g., Luke and Leia :lol).

I like Ben Solo/Kylo Ren because Adam Driver is an incredible actor... but when I look at that poster I just see a mess.

It is funny: the PT is this beautiful world with a crap incarnation of Anakin, while the ST has this wonderful characterization lost amidst a mess.

Like I said somewhere in all these damn threads.. The PT and ST are polar opposites :lol

You must be joking. Or at the very least just saying it out of spite.

Nope. Very serious.

Hey weren't you the guy that called ESB an average film?? Talk about being saying something out of spite :lol

I just don't get how any one could call Ben Solo more interesting than Anakin. Anakin was "The Hero without Fear" he had many adventures during the Clone Wars. What did Ben Solo do? Say "Ow" and that was about it.

I just don't get how any one could call Ben Solo more interesting than Anakin. Anakin was "The Hero without Fear" he had many adventures during the Clone Wars. What did Ben Solo do? Say "Ow" and that was about it.

We talking movies here?

You have to grab onto a whole series of cartoon to make Anakin interesting.. Thanks for making my point. :)

Back