Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok but we are talking about a future galaxy in space . I?m sure they got something to help him. Even if he was depressed that?s no excuse to kill an entire school and burn it down .

Dude they say in the movies that they tried to help him but failed, stop just stop minimizing mental health disorders.

Anakin Skywalker's (on-screen) crimes:

• Sexual harassment.
  • Light torture of prisoners during interrogation.
  • Slaughter of civilian Geonosians.
  • Massacre of entire Tusken tribe including non-combatants and children.
  • Execution of a defeated and (literally) disarmed captive.
  • Aiding and abetting the murder of Master Windu via betrayal and maiming.
  • Pre-meditated murder of multiple children in the Jedi Temple.
  • Murder of non-combatant Separatists.
  • Physical assaults on high-ranking officials in his own governmental organization.
  • Execution of defeated and unarmed enemy soldiers.
  • Torture and murder of an unarmed prisoner of war during interrogation.
  • Torture of high-value prisoner of war.
  • Aiding and abetting planetary genocide.
  • Murder of at least 2 of his own officers on duty when a simple reprimand or demotion would have sufficed.
  • Torturing more prisoners of war.
  • Granting custody of a prisoner of war (after torturing him) to a bounty hunter, knowing he would be sold to organized crime.

Offscreen: more planetary genocide via more conventional means, aiding and abetting slavery and organized crime, pursuing and systematically murdering members of the Jedi order. I get these last were branded 'enemies of state' but even so -- I think we can agree that the Empire's legal categories are dubious. Did I miss anything? That's AOTC, Clone Wars, ROTS, RO and all of the OT.

Sexual harassment? When? Geez PT haters really at it now.

Let’s callHan Solo a sexual predator and Ben Solo a rapist too then.

Dude they say in the movies that they tried to help him but failed, stop just stop minimizing mental health disorders.

Minimizing? Shut up. Ain?t nobody doing that and so what if he did. That makes it ok to kill people? He seemed pretty damn ok to me. Just a brat. When your depressed you seek help not move away from it . So again poor writing.

What anakin did was wrong but he was motivated by fear and depression aswell . You understand why he did it . But it?s not right

Minimizing? Shut up. Ain?t nobody doing that and so what if he did. That makes it ok to kill people? He seemed pretty damn ok to me. Just a brat. When your depressed you seek help not move away from it . So again poor writing.

What anakin did was wrong but he was motivated by fear and depression aswell . You understand why he did it . But it?s not right

But the topic is not if what they did is wrong or not, it is if they can be redeemed

But the topic is not if what they did is wrong or not, it is if they can be redeemed

I mean he could be but once you kill another human being u let ur mental illness take over. I don?t want to go to deep into it but sometimes seeking help is best but most people feel comfortable in pain

The kid had a family who clearly loves him. When people are sad they usually talk about issues and try to get help not go on a killing spree . No excuse for bad writing . Also it seems like he was trying to impress his dead grandfather instead of making the pain go away. What pain did he have anyway? That good Charlotte was sold out of concert tickets? Please lol.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I think Kylo was the best new character in the ST, but funny is funny, and that was hilarious.

Anakin Skywalker's (on-screen) crimes:

• Sexual harassment.
  • Light torture of prisoners during interrogation.
  • Slaughter of civilian Geonosians.
  • Massacre of entire Tusken tribe including non-combatants and children.
  • Execution of a defeated and (literally) disarmed captive.
  • Aiding and abetting the murder of Master Windu via betrayal and maiming.
  • Pre-meditated murder of multiple children in the Jedi Temple.
  • Murder of non-combatant Separatists.
  • Physical assaults on high-ranking officials in his own governmental organization.
  • Execution of defeated and unarmed enemy soldiers.
  • Torture and murder of an unarmed prisoner of war during interrogation.
  • Torture of high-value prisoner of war.
  • Aiding and abetting planetary genocide.
  • Murder of at least 2 of his own officers on duty when a simple reprimand or demotion would have sufficed.
  • Torturing more prisoners of war.
  • Granting custody of a prisoner of war (after torturing him) to a bounty hunter, knowing he would be sold to organized crime.

Offscreen: more planetary genocide via more conventional means, aiding and abetting slavery and organized crime, pursuing and systematically murdering members of the Jedi order. I get these last were branded 'enemies of state' but even so -- I think we can agree that the Empire's legal categories are dubious. Did I miss anything? That's AOTC, Clone Wars, ROTS, RO and all of the OT.

Well, are you counting this crime against cinema?

tenor.gif

Hey Jaws how many times are you going to end up repeating yourself about how the Clone Wars saved the PT for you and about Ben Solo? You made like 10 posts on each in the span of a day in multiple threads but you wanna call me out for repeating myself??????

Oh Ducky Oklahoma....

It wont happen 4 times in an hour when nobody responds to me.

No pots and pans here my friend

So wait it touches you that some emo grown ass man throws a hissy fit and kills his dad just so he can be like his grandpa whom he never met is better told than a guy who lost his mom , his padawan and now about to lose the only thing he loves? Sure it was t perfect but there is nothing touching about kylo.

Weird how good acting can do that isnt it.

Anakin as a character in the PT is a failure of a character. What more do you want from me.

I dont believe anything that happens with him.

Some bratty kid who screams and cries cause he wants to show out. Anakin actually lost people and wasn?t recognized for his work and is haunted by dreams of his wife dying. Then realized at the last second obiwan loved him to before he burned alive. Now that?s tragic and like it or not miles better.

Boy that sounds like a good story.. Too bad it was ruined on screen.

Kylo ren is pretty much a Star Wars version of a school shooter. O I wanna be bad and kill everyone just cause . And it?s hilarious cause he?s the best thing about the ST but he?s told poorly. Nothing tragic pushed kylo to be who he is he did it cause his parents weren?t home enough or some dumb **** lol

And yet Anakin was the one that went in and shot up a school..

Jeez man I can?t see what u see at all. You say he?s sympathetic but he has to be the most poorly executed villain ever. All he did was throw a tantrum . Anakin was justified. The guys mom died and the Jedi kept holding him back.

Justified?? :lol :lol :lol

Man remind me to call your boss and tell him to make sure you get that promotion.. :lol

Sure Adams is a good actor but so what the writing is awful and he?s a damn man child . The most non intimidating villain in Star Wars media

Dont know what to say... I could find the more believable character sympathetic.

If I dont believe what you are doing on the screen (Hayden) and you have no charisma I don't care how tragic your story is. It did not resonate with me at all.

Another thing the PT did better . Maul, dooku and grevious would wiped there ass with kylo lol
[/QUOTE]

Boy you seem bitter.

PT killed Hayden's career. Adam got nominated for an Oscar 2X during and after his stint with the SW movies.

It didn't kill Hayden's career because he put in a solid performance. It cause he sucked in the role. All the kids who loved him back then and did not notice how bad he was can be excited that he is back in the Obi Wan series.. But that dont make his performance suck any less. Blame the script, blame Lucas whatever.. He was given the chance of a lifetime and they blew it.

For the record I am fine with him being back.. I am hoping the show can redeem his role as Anakin more.

Adam Driver.. Due to great acting and charisma I Found him interesting. Saw someone who was ****ed up but wanted to change but didnt know what to do.

What I saw in Anakin was a piece of wood with a lightsaber.

Vader kills children in the PT it causes you to have problems with his redemption.

Vader kills millions of children and blows up a planet in the OT... well that?s just fine and dandy!

:lol

Well yeah..

First off.. He didnt order the planets destruction... And we dont see said planets victims.. So there is a disconnect tat makes it easier to forgive.

It showed the little kids hiding and you know he went serial killer on those guys.. Probably much more painful way to go then you planet blowing up with you on it.

Last edited:

I dont even know if it was mental heath or what.. Poor guy had Palps ****ing in his head his whole life convincing him that nobody cared or loved him..

Granted I am getting into books and comics now..

So How about this.. He was being ****ed with by snoke / Plaps. We know he had been in his head. He felt abandoned by his parents and thought his uncle was going to kill him... The guy his parents sent him to.

So I think we can see that he was ****ed up.

Weird how good acting can do that isnt it.

Anakin as a character in the PT is a failure of a character. What more do you want from me.

I dont believe anything that happens with him.

Boy that sounds like a good story.. Too bad it was ruined on screen.

And yet Anakin was the one that went in and shot up a school..

Justified?? :lol :lol :lol

Man remind me to call your boss and tell him to make sure you get that promotion.. :lol

Dont know what to say... I could find the more believable character sympathetic.

If I dont believe what you are doing on the screen (Hayden) and you have no charisma I don't care how tragic your story is. It did not resonate with me at all.

Boy you seem bitter.

PT killed Hayden's career. Adam got nominated for an Oscar 2X during and after his stint with the SW movies.

It didn't kill Hayden's career because he put in a solid performance. It cause he sucked in the role. All the kids who loved him back then and did not notice how bad he was can be excited that he is back in the Obi Wan series.. But that dont make his performance suck any less. Blame the script, blame Lucas whatever.. He was given the chance of a lifetime and they blew it.

For the record I am fine with him being back.. I am hoping the show can redeem his role as Anakin more.

Adam Driver.. Due to great acting and charisma I Found him interesting. Saw someone who was ****ed up but wanted to change but didnt know what to do.

What I saw in Anakin was a piece of wood with a lightsaber.

:lol

Well yeah..

First off.. He didnt order the planets destruction... And we dont see said planets victims.. So there is a disconnect tat makes it easier to forgive.

It showed the little kids hiding and you know he went serial killer on those guys.. Probably much more painful way to go then you planet blowing up with you on it.[/QUOTE]

Lol are u high? Kylo is the one that killed all his schoolmates and everyone else . So he?s the school shooter .

And so what? It did t kill his career. The dude stopped acting. You keep saying acting but the writing still sucked . Doesn?t matter if he won an award.
Most Star Wars actors don?t do well . Harrison Ford is the only one who did well after the OT everyone else was just ok. Stop that crap . And you say he sucked in the role but you say that cause your just a bitter OT fan. Everyone else seems contempt . It?s hilarious that you honestly believe that kylo is ok and gets a pass when he?s anakin light but worse and no development.

And even with drivers superior s ting like you say the ST still sucked and is less liked than the PT with only a handful of fans liking it like you and 4 others .

Hayden is coming back and people are happy about it. Kylo isn?t coming back and nobody cares about him. Which one sucked again ? So yea I?m sure he didn?t blow anything when people welcome him back with open arms and people forgot and brushed aside the oscar nominated guy.

Good acting can?t save a terrible script and writing

I dont even know if it was mental heath or what.. Poor guy had Palps ****ing in his head his whole life convincing him that nobody cared or loved him..

Granted I am getting into books and comics now..

So How about this.. He was being ****ed with by snoke / Plaps. We know he had been in his head. He felt abandoned by his parents and thought his uncle was going to kill him... The guy his parents sent him to.

So I think we can see that he was ****ed up.

Lol sounds like a loser emo teenager . My parents aren?t home enough so I?m going to listen to edgy rock music about how nobody loves or likes him and then goes out and kills everyone at his school. Which he does . Lol how is this moving to you ?

Lol are u high? Kylo is the one that killed all his schoolmates and everyone else . So he?s the school shooter .

:lol true..

What is Anakin then?? I mean he sliced and diced little kids and had the troopers shoot the rest.
And so what? It did t kill his career. The dude stopped acting. You keep saying acting but the writing still sucked . Doesn?t matter if he won an award.
Most Star Wars actors don?t do well . Harrison Ford is the only one who did well after the OT everyone else was just ok. Stop that crap . And you say he sucked in the role but you say that cause your just a bitter OT fan. Everyone else seems contempt . It?s hilarious that you honestly believe that kylo is ok and gets a pass when he?s anakin light but worse and no development.

I am not a bitter OT fan (god that argument) .. I am a SW fan and I can call it like I see it.. I can see that "I was going into Tashy station to pick up some power converters" as poorly delivered and see issues with the awful acting all through ROTJ...

I can also see that Hayden was not very good in the role of Anakin.. I just call it like I see it. Dont know what else to say.. you dont have to agree.

And even with drivers superior s ting like you say the ST still sucked and is less liked than the PT with only a handful of fans liking it like you and 4 others .

ST has soooo many issues.. Adam Driver and his character is not one of them for me.. What are you hoping I will say??

Hayden is coming back and people are happy about it. Kylo isn?t coming back and nobody cares about him. Which one sucked again ? So yea I?m sure he didn?t blow anything when people welcome him back with open arms and people forgot and brushed aside the oscar nominated guy.

Hayden has a lot of time on his hands.... Adam is busy making movies :lol ;)

Plus Kylo would be out of place in Obi Wan's show. ;) :lol

Of course Anakin is more important to the story of SW. He should always be seen that way.. but for many, myself included they failed at brining that character to the screen in a solid way. He didn't for you? Great.. But his acting is bad and thats just a fact.. And that took me out of the movie.. It did not do the same for you.

Good acting can?t save a terrible script and writing

Again there seems to be this issue with people liking the parts of the ST but not loving ROTS with you... I am not trying to change you mind.

I do tire of being told that its my old age that does not allow me to like the PT.. I was 28 years old when it came out.. young enough to enjoy a good dumb film..

And I said this before. I liked all three PT films with first viewing... But repeat viewings are not kind to the films for me.

Yep The ST had some bad writing.. Just like the PT.. I like parts of both.

Lol sounds like a loser emo teenager . My parents aren?t home enough so I?m going to listen to edgy rock music about how nobody loves or likes him and then goes out and kills everyone at his school. Which he does . Lol how is this moving to you ?

Describe him however you want.

his character moved me more then Anakin because I can at least believe all that from Adam..

I can't believe most of Hayden's lines.

Just me.. Sorry.

In defense of Hayden... His hatting sand people speech in AOTC was solid and probably his best work in the series.

He also looks the part.

Last edited:
Back