Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_pq7y99QvqW1qdtj73o1_1280.png

Somehow, I find the Death Star wreckage less ridiculous than Darth Maul's return.
yeah, Maul surviving was stupid but A: at least both halves of him were intact not vaporised last we saw him and B: since he ain't a human maybe no vital organs were destroyed, at least not enough to kill him. Last we saw the DS2 it was blown to smithereens with not major chunks visible. Plus it was orbiting a moon of Endor not Endor itself so surely should have crashed down on the Ewoks....

How dumb is it that in all the "official" post-ROTJ appearances of Luke, he's either still wearing just a single glove or he has that Terminator hand.

Yes, the Terminator hand is a cool visual, I suppose, but it makes zero sense in the story.

Doesn't it make more sense that he'd wake up the day after the party on Endor and just get his hand fixed by 2-1B?

In the old Marvel comics and the Expanded Universe stuff, his hand was repaired. And he didn't need to wear a stupid single glove for the next 4 decades for no good reason.

I know people like to say "Oh it's a constant reminder of how he almost succumbed to the Dark Side" etc. but that just makes him sound like some kind of mental midget that's torturing himself for no reason.

I dunno.
I know people like to say "Oh it's a constant reminder of how he almost succumbed to the Dark Side" etc. but that just makes him sound like some kind of mental midget that's torturing himself for no reason.

Do people not get tattoos for the same reason? Are they being “mental midgets” or needlessly torturing themselves by getting such tattoos?

Do tattoos cause you to have a hot, sweaty hand 24/7?

Do tattoos impair your ability to pick up tiny objects?

Do tattoos make things feel awkward in love-making situations?

No. Of course not. The mental midget part is choosing to torture himself by not repairing his fully-functional, human feeling hand and instead keeping it separated from the world by a thick layer of leather.

What's next....someone refusing to take off their stupid hot sweaty helmet?

Do tattoos cause you to have a hot, sweaty hand 24/7?

Do tattoos impair your ability to pick up tiny objects?

Do tattoos make things feel awkward in love-making situations?

No. Of course not. The mental midget part is choosing to torture himself by not repairing his fully-functional, human feeling hand and instead keeping it separated from the world by a thick layer of leather.

What's next....someone refusing to take off their stupid hot sweaty helmet?
Well... depending on the tattoo, I think it could make things feel awkward in love-making situations :lol

And why would a robot hand sweat? ;)

Well the trope was either that or a permanent scar, either way the simple symbolism was rife.
Luke obvs likes doing this several times a day...
860d85ae70f2f21118fb8ec6ede4aed7d55ffaf2.gif
LOL, how Disney imagines him stuck, though he only did it once, it's all it took to convey the moment... recognizing by choice (freewill), It had no power over him, simple straight forward the end.
And yes unlike Rey, he's an interesting flawed character, makes mistakes and recognizes it.
8ed6eg.gif

If anyone is imagining him still reliving it, not moved on, it's on them or following Disney who with nothing creative forward to add, just permanently regressed him back to that, and $#*t all over the character.
My hand... like my father's... am I like him?.... am I a bad man?.... Oh god... OH GOD!

So corny.
:lol True, that is what he "says" Yet thankfully Lucas here didn't need that horrible dialogue (which is how writers would do it today), he conveyed it with a simple glance, any kid could understand, and did. That's also who it was created for.
The scene worked, and fulfilled an actual character arc, well built on what had come before.
(scene also didn't need that dialogue) straight forward simply visually conveyed;
8d2t5y.gif

That a bunch of jaded, now cynical adults can mock, and tear it up now, or can only imagine what Disney regressed him back to, might speak more about them.
:p

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong: I thought and still think it's a cool look in ROTJ. As a kid I ran around playing outside with one glove on for years, and people thought I was trying to be Michael Jackson. No way man. Jedi Luke!!

BUT...after the dust settles and the battle is over, it's just plain dumb for him to never get that hand fixed.

Even dumber to let it be the exposed cybernetics. Maybe that was necessary in Anakin's day, but clearly by ESB the technology was there for a completely life-like prothesis.

Back