Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B is obviously the correct answer.
0faf0f60-f450-46ac-a354-69e757e8f101.jpeg

Can someone explain this moment at the premiere of The Force Awakens. :lol

View attachment 673421

I suspect Lucas is telling him that Star Trek 2009 was a complete and total fluke.

( For the record, I genuinely loved Star Trek 2009. Abrams went full Peter North back then. He dumped his entire load in that film. Every last gimmick he had, the things he could consistently do well were put into focus, and all the most interesting parts of Alias were thrown in too. He only had one truly great film in him, and that was it. But it gave him the buzz and cache to get Star Wars. Which he helped to run into the ground. I can get past Luke drinking the green space milk. I mean it's insulting to Hamill and insulting to legacy fans, but it didn't break me. What broke me was watching Admiral Ackbar die like a background extra in a mediocre episode of Walker Texas Ranger. Then Ackbar was completely replaced by the psychotic purple haired Stars Wars version of Elizabeth Warren.

Ackbar should have gone down like a real G. Not turned into a cannon fodder dust bunny right in front of a space vacuum cleaner.

PS Even the Holdo toy sucks. Instant Peg Warmer. Whereas all Ackbar toys are awesome )

Back