Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
292597206_5192168504206305_5536513780500403872_n.jpg

Just rewatched the ST trilogy after staying away for a while.

I really think they are good films. Its a shame so many took a defensive stance aganst the original OT charcters not being the active “Leads”. Then proceeded to nitpick every aspect of the films in an attempt to kill the series due to the above fact.

They are very well made, the stories are true to the original in the sense they are swashbuckler tales in space…not a whlle
lot of logic and sense to them.

Overall, very fun films, very good paced story, and really beautiful to watch.

I have tried to revist the PT several time for the same re evaluation rewatch….and it is just not watchable for me.

ROTS is the only one I can watch over , and enjoy.

Just rewatched the ST trilogy after staying away for a while.

I really think they are good films. Its a shame so many took a defensive stance aganst the original OT charcters not being the active “Leads”. Then proceeded to nitpick every aspect of the films in an attempt to kill the series due to the above fact.

They are very well made, the stories are true to the original in the sense they are swashbuckler tales in space…not a whlle
lot of logic and sense to them.

Overall, very fun films, very good paced story, and really beautiful to watch.

I have tried to revist the PT several time for the same re evaluation rewatch….and it is just not watchable for me.

ROTS is the only one I can watch over , and enjoy.

I'd take 7 & 8 over the PT any day. I'm not surprised to see Star Wars fans hating Star Wars things, that's a given. I did not anticipate such a big u-turn on the prequels though. The numerous flaws of those are just as apparent as they've always been. I find it so bizarre.

I was very disappointed by TROS though. That is probably my least liked of all of them.

Now THAT is bizarre.

It's really not though. Both of these films were well reviewed. Very high production value, great practical and digital effects. Directors that know how to get good performances out their solid cast. The Disney era corrected some of the key complaints aired about the prequels, namely how horribly stilted and sterile they had become. What they lacked was a creator's vision which - combined with the relentless schedule - quickly snowballed into a major problem.

There's things to enjoy about the prequels. John Williams absolutely crushed it, and there is a ton of nice design work. They're still mediocre movies though, romanticized now because they were bad in different ways to more recent stuff.

Back