Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can cut Zurdo some slack cause I think he's only JUST seen SW for the first time recently.

Not sure how anyone manages to do that, but there ya go.

I never had the books as a kid, but I used to take them out of the library CONSTANTLY as a kid and just marvel over the Johnston/McQuarrie stuff. So cool. Wish I owned those old books.

BDE69467-603C-4703-B02C-9718C63540A4.jpeg

Ralph McQuarrie's concept art is great.

They also used McQuarrie's early concept designs for the Stormtroopers to influence the design of the TK Troopers in "The Bad Batch" (TK Troopers were soldiers used in the early Imperial era as the Empire began phasing out the Clone Troopers and replacing them with conscripted TK Troopers - the TK Troopers are essentially the first Stormtroopers of the Empire).

View attachment 575704
View attachment 575705

Good to know! On the subject of TK, I wondered what those names meant, and found this video:

And let's not forget the Zeb/Chewie connection. Modern Star Wars is nothing if not self-referential.

qchHZL4SV4g7nTafSRh7taqQAlY7ws_BYyzlLA-DP48.png

Pretty cool they put unused concept art to good use!

I love when new generations find the gold we've all known about for decades.

Do kids ever look back to those old Joe Johnston vehicles art books? Or because they are drawn in black-and-white it is just lost art?

True! :lol:lol

Zurdo's next post in the NWH thread will be the realization that the costumes in the movie were very heavily inspired by some old thing called "comic books" lol.

;)

:rotfl:rotfl

We can cut Zurdo some slack cause I think he's only JUST seen SW for the first time recently.

Not sure how anyone manages to do that, but there ya go.

I never had the books as a kid, but I used to take them out of the library CONSTANTLY as a kid and just marvel over the Johnston/McQuarrie stuff. So cool. Wish I owned those old books.

Yep I only saw them for the first time yesteryear :LOL:

Yes we're just messing with Zurdo, he's a good guy. :)

hpnoEyu.gif
:duff

I'm afraid of clicking on it...
Just...odd. Was from TROS tour and to say something like that...it was like he knew TFA would suck. I never understand the justification of reusing old material so that you can catch up the new audience. You know the audience is smart enough to watch the old ones if they want.... :slap

Back