Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they giving us a clean and a damaged cape?
Yeah the deluxe should include both the battle damage cape and clean cape. At least you can see both of them in the photos.
The 1/6th scale Darth Vader Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Darth Vader in Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi series
- One (1) interchangeable Darth Vader helmet head***
- One (1) battle damaged helmet to reveal part of head sculpt with served forehead, equipped with rolling eyeball function
- Highly-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Approximately 35 cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- One (1) pair of hands for holding belt boxes
- One (1) force using right hand
- One (1) left fist
- Three (3) gesture hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) finely tailored Darth Vader armor and suit
- One (1) black cloak
- One (1) LED-lighted chest panel (power operated) with battle damaged display board
- One (1) interchangeable display board***
- One (1) LED-lighted system function belt (power operated)
- One (1) pair of black boots

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted red lightsaber (power operated)
- One (1) red-colored lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) Darth Vader’s lightsaber hilt
- One (1) pair of Third Sister’s lightsabers

Accessories:
- A space station theme LED-lighted diorama figure base (power operated) ***
- Specially designed rocky diorama figure stand

***Exclusive to Deluxe Version

Exclusive Bonus Accessories for Special Edition:
- One (1) Grand Inquisitor hologram miniature
- One (1) holoprojector

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2023 – Q1, 2024

*Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Light up function operated using USB power
***USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, USB-C cable is required
****Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- One (1) LED-lighted chest panel (power operated) with battle damaged display board

Gonna assume that means all 3 are USB powered. If so, this is gonna look great on display with all of it's LEDs on and with a nice red rim light on the figures back. Can't wait for this one.

Only figure I'll consider from that worthless show. I always buy the deluxe versions of figures as a rule but this is a rare case where the regular version might be the play. Depends on price. This figure is essentially a Mythos battle damaged 1/6 Vader.

All that said I think the Sideshow Mythos statue looks better 🤔

Yeah the deluxe should include both the battle damage cape and clean cape. At least you can see both of them in the photos.

Gonna assume that means all 3 are USB powered. If so, this is gonna look great on display with all of it's LEDs on and with a nice red rim light on the figures back. Can't wait for this one.
Yep hook it up to the display lights for that automatic LED lightup for Vader vs Obi-Wan display. Sick !!

Or even better, separate switch for activation in the dark.

It is interesting how it's the simple things like LED powered stuff is "amazing". Hot Toys should have done LED powered stuff years ago.

Damn this looks incredible. Fortunately I already have a RO Vader so don't need the deluxe accessories.

Only concern I have is it only shows the one LED saber with a USB cord, so I guess if you want him holding two lightsabers one will end up being unlit?

With how much they dropped the ball with the Obi head sculpt...

They put their A team on this one, well done HT, this looks phenomenal. Even people who aren't fans of the show are going to pick this up.

A Wednesday morning announcement is a bit odd though right?

With how much they dropped the ball with the Obi head sculpt...

They put their A team on this one, well done HT, this looks phenomenal. Even people who aren't fans of the show are going to pick this up.

A Wednesday morning announcement is a bit odd though right?

i can't think of any reveal taking place so late before. Took place at 10PM HK local time.

DFF439D4-731C-4D45-BCF5-AB72B0023C4A.jpeg

INCREDIBLE.

Really impressive. I was afraid they were going to make this cool battle-damaged version and get me to finally buy a Vader...:monkey2

If you’re only going to buy one then definitely go with the regular you would have to be nuts to display this without the battle damage.
Agreed battle-damaged is the way to go for display but I'd love to have the option for both. And whatever the deluxe costs over the regular edition will be way less than buying two Vaders.

Really collector-friendly of them though to make the battle-damaged version the "standard" edition, for all of those collectors who already have a clean Vader.

Disappointed that it’s shy of including a full reveal too. It’s irritating when it’s a perfect opportunity with the release. It’s not like he wasn’t shown without mask and helmet too. C’mon, Howard.

Looks really good! Reused BD Mk85 rock base and reused 1/4 Vader extended top base. Neither are a problem, just a note. Cape needs to be clasped closer together. Hopefully the USB powered lightsaber means it will actually be bright and light up the whole saber. If not, then i wouldn’t say it’s that much of an upgrade from what they did before other than being less cumbersome to use. I won’t use it either way, as I don’t want to see that cord.

Other than that, looks like a solid release and I’ll be going for the deluxe so I can also have the clean bits. Having this version will mean I probably won’t need the ROTJ version whenever they decide to make that. However, I still have my original ANH Vader with custom real leather suit and what not that I will at least now have another chance at sculpted hands for it.

Disappointed that it’s shy of including a full reveal too. It’s irritating when it’s a perfect opportunity with the release. It’s not like he wasn’t shown without mask and helmet too. C’mon, Howard.
Yeah that might have been a cool addition, although personally I like preserving a bit of mystery there as to his full appearance.

Last edited:
i can't think of any reveal taking place so late before. Took place at 10PM HK local time.

Right? I was in a middle of a presentation and afterwards checked my phone and boom, there he is. I thought maybe he was revealed at summer showcase or something.

Regardless I'll take it, glad they nailed that head sculpt.

Back