Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see Sideshow play games with the “waitlist”. I’m now all in on 1) not giving them my business and 2) more than happy to pay a marginal premium - maybe - when this actually drops in 2025.
I don’t know if it’s ‘playing games’ but my waitlist from this morning did just convert. I was able to use a $20 promo code (prefer to wait for those on pre-orders whenever possible) so pulled the trigger.

I imagine they just want to put a pin in orders on this one considering there’a already another Vader up for pre-order (and that being the one I’m sure many would prefer).

I don’t know if it’s ‘playing games’ but my waitlist from this morning did just convert. I was able to use a $20 promo code (prefer to wait for those on pre-orders whenever possible) so pulled the trigger.

I imagine they just want to put a pin in orders on this one considering there’a already another Vader up for pre-order (and that being the one I’m sure many would prefer).
Kinda the same. I hit the waitlist button this evening and it converted 2 hours later.

I waitlisted this evening and it converted as well. We’ll see how it goes this time. I just didn’t want to miss out on the deluxe and with more SW waitlists hitting full lately I wasn’t gonna risk it.

Waitlist game is an old one. Yes.... very old.... very wise...
I despise it.

If folks are getting converted almost immediately from “Waitlist” then it’s just Sideshow creating FOMO. If you want to get a sense of orders for a product you’re releasing in a short timeline, fine. But they clearly saw collectors get wise to the idea that it literally does nothing to preorder Day 1 vs Day 229. So yes, it’s weak.

I think what would have made this figure stand out really well, and even apart from itself if you bought the deluxe, is if they gave non-damaged Vader the cape with a close connector that he has throughout the show.

View attachment 637909
You think the cape it comes with could drape that way or would it require a custom cape? (and if so, anybody sell things like that?)

You think the cape it comes with could drape that way or would it require a custom cape? (and if so, anybody sell things like that?)
I believe it would need to go the custom route. This was the closest I've seen it in photos...
darth-vader-deluxe-version_star-wars_gallery_63d820e64b6ee.jpg

Back