Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes...The real Anakin:chase

giphy.gif

We're getting humidity in Los Angeles in the summers now... which makes me nervous.
Buy a dehumidifier and hygrometer for the room where you keep your collectibles. 40-50% is considered the ideal indoor humidity and I turn mine on when it starts creeping above 50%. I keep books in the same room and the pages become wavy when this happens as well, which makes a good early warning system 😄

I was hoping at the Showcase they showed the USB powered saber working. Really want to see that.

Honestly I don’t even think Hot Toys has finalized how they’re going to get it working at this point.

I’m sure they’re looking forward to seeing how it turns out as well. :lol

They’ve got a lot of time to figure it out at least.

I thought we had deciphered the description to assume that the chest box and belt boxes were also powered by USB - do we have any clarification on that?

Looks great. have the Vader figures always had full sculpted gloves like that instead of traditional hands with wrist pegs?

All but the first Vader figure (ANH attempt #1) which had separate hands with awkward gauntlet mimicking covers on them that everyone hated.

They looked like weird bulky arm warmers. But it’s all we had from Hot Toys 7 years ago. Dark times. People who kept the figure replaced them with newer glove designs over time.

7FADD905-F9A4-43F6-AAE4-07E5CF43C7D1.jpeg

PC: MWC Toys

A visual history of Vader hands:

6BE8D0DF-1C6B-4F74-B687-CD42201FE76C.jpeg
ECE5BF74-BAA5-43BB-A54D-70EDB672F4FD.jpeg
82A855D8-16C6-45BD-B8AB-1D8F8C6927BB.jpeg
455E8100-3AF0-400A-B986-938A1EBA2528.jpeg
160382AD-BEB1-49B8-91A4-F06E49CC411E.jpeg

Last edited:
Exactly my thinking too. I’m pretty pleased that it came in under $350 for the deluxe special edition. :yess:
Exactly, I don’t own any other Vaders. So getting the exclusive was the way to go for me. I can always pickup extra chest armor and display any of the heads on a 1/6 dummy wearing the armor & head.

All but the first Vader figure (ANH attempt #1) which had separate hands with awkward gauntlet mimicking covers on them that everyone hated.

They looked like weird bulky arm warmers. But it’s all we had from Hot Toys 7 years ago. Dark times. People who kept the figure replaced them with newer glove designs over time.

View attachment 591599

View attachment 591594View attachment 591595View attachment 591596View attachment 591597View attachment 591598
Thanks, man! That was thorough! Boy, that first Vader was rough.

View attachment 591599

View attachment 591594View attachment 591595View attachment 591596View attachment 591597View attachment 591598

In a year we might get a ROTJ anniversary Vader so definitely don’t sweat this
My RO is still a exceptional piece for a Vader..now the wait for the new Kenobi version

So what helmet is this using? I presume a re-use of the Rogue One helmet?

Was that already a re-use already of the ANH helmet? In any case, kinda keen on the deluxe to maybe replace my ESB helmet hahah.

I really do wish though that Hot Toys would come up with solutions for displaying some if not all accessories. Armor rocks, mounts etc. would all be appreciated. Half these Deluxes I leave the spare stuff in the box and never return to them.

I don't even see the point of making separate editions. You guys really passing up a clean helmet, box, and extra base for a measly $35?

Thank you for the photo! We can see how the USB cord will be attached to the side of the lightsaber. I'm so glad we won't have to exchange arms anymore!

No worries. It looks kind of janky at the moment but hopefully it’s just because it’s a prototype.

Definitely a huge step forward but they’ll have to actually deliver something that works properly and doesn’t detract visually.

At least they have plenty of time to get it sorted out.

No worries. It looks kind of janky at the moment but hopefully it’s just because it’s a prototype.

Definitely a huge step forward but they’ll have to actually deliver something that works properly and doesn’t detract visually.

At least they have plenty of time to get it sorted out.
I'm hoping that there may be some way to feed it through Vader's clothing. Either way, I'm excited for finally having the USB and not having to worry about replacing the batteries every 5 minutes.

I still have a few complaints about this Darth Vader not being as accurate as it could be but the outstanding damaged helmet, damaged control panel, and the USB lightsaber are the selling points for me.

Welp, the nailbiter "duel where no one could die or even get seriously injured" has finally yielded the figure that was the sole reason for its creation. :lol

Who would have thought you could have a lightsaber slice right through your helmet, vaporizing a third of it, and your face (just an inch away) wouldn't even get a scratch? The first time in the SW universe that armor has worked perfectly.:rotfl

And OT Vader left his - apparently fragile - chestbox unchanged and completely exposed... after the experience of someone suddenly smashing it and nearly ending his life support system?

But they made his suit accurate to the scene - not even a scratch or minor tear from one ton boulders being repeatedly smashed into him.
He was defecting the majority with the force…easy to see it.

Back