Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s with the “limited time release” message on Sideshow for this figure? Is that referring to the hologram exclusive?

Either way I’m in for the deluxe version. $330 isn’t bad really.

What’s with the “limited time release” message on Sideshow for this figure? Is that referring to the hologram exclusive?

Either way I’m in for the deluxe version. $330 isn’t bad really.

Yes, it looks like they’re doing a timed release again for the Sideshow exclusive version like the Boba Fett repaint and the couple other figures that came out with it.

At least it’s 18 days instead of just a couple like last time.

I’m going to preorder at Sideshow to get it but most people won’t be upset they missed it at least.

FF552BBD-0492-48F5-928C-B304459AAC74.jpeg

@Jammyjr

Dumped $50 in reward points for the deluxe. That price is not bad at all.

I was honestly expecting the base standard version to be in the $330-$350 mark judging from what other preorders from them lately.

Last edited:
Thinking I might do the same as far as throwing some rewards points at this. I think the price is pretty good. A decent amount of accessories plus the USB option for the light-up features.

I’m guessing the cloak is reversible? One side has the damage and the other doesn’t? The “what’s in the box” section only mentions one cloak, but the pictures show “both” the damaged one, and the clean one.

I wonder just how many people will be ordering the standard version without the non-damaged helmet. Personally I can’t imagine choosing that over the Deluxe for $35 more.

The the £/$ value is so bad right now I don't think I can justify buying Hot Toys until things (hopefully) settle, especially with the price of everything else going up too.

Deluxe is £280 before shipping £318 ($385) shipped and then around £390 ($472) after customs.

I wonder just how many people will be ordering the standard version without the non-damaged helmet. Personally I can’t imagine choosing that over the Deluxe for $35 more.
If I already owned a clean Vader, I'd do that. I think it's a really good option for people in that scenario.

Seriously though the draw here is of course the battle damaged look but I think for an extra $35 it's worth the deluxe stuff when you are already in for $300 anyway.

It’s a very tricky sales tactic to lock the full clean appearance behind the Deluxe.

As a rule of thumb I always say get the Deluxe anyway so there are no regrets, but that extremely heavily applies here. Even though I think most people here will get the Deluxe I’ll still say it.

No one should buy the Standard. “Saving” $35 is going to end up being an extremely costly mistake for multiple reasons. Even going in with no plans to ever sell it, the disparity in value between the Standard and Deluxe with this is going to be huge. Far greater than $35.

This is a $330 figure with the illusion of it also being $295. $295 gets you an incomplete version of it, more so than any past Standard version of a Deluxe set.

When taken as a whole, buying the Standard means far more than not getting a few accessories:

73BF070A-D71A-4E7B-848B-2B1657B41B9C.jpeg

It means not getting this entirely:

D298E019-3449-4EB4-95FD-61135AD38B04.jpeg

Even if someone have no plans to ever display it this way (and never say never about that sort of thing), they should leave them in the box and protect the value of their purchase. More importantly, better to have them and have no regrets than regret it and try to get the Deluxe later.

Last edited:
Easy order for the exclusive deluxe at 330. I'll order the regular edition later on if I get a coupon or when my rewards all become available.

I had a coupon so I ordered the best version of course.

I'm really looking forward to lording my exclusive GI hologram over the peasants who didn't get it in March of 2024 :slap
I had no coupon but ordered the deluxe exclusive anyway as I can always find some use for that extra Vader base... I think I'll sell the GI hologram parted out and build a pool with the cash or something...

Back